7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1474404519876-1421964834 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

So I am having some weird issues with my clock on my tz, when I got the game it was unshoped but everything worked, well before I was about to tear it down I played some quick games and after that turned the machine off and on really quick while the clock was in motion. When the game was back on, all the clock did was spin like it couldn't find home and I thought I probably blew out the board (in it) because it's original and probably never messed with so I ordered the new upgraded one from Marco and the same problem, then I checked the switches to see if the optos were registering and they were. I put it in test and the clock will either not move at all or only move in one direction slow then fast on its own. Help appreciated

1474404519876-1421964834 (resized).jpg1474404519876-1421964834 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Make sure the "blades" on the backside of the clock hands are long enough to nearly bottom out in the "U" of the optos. Contact the provider of the board and see if they have had reports of things for you to check.

#3 7 years ago

My clock was acting funny when I installed the Rottendog board replacement but it was because I misaligned the pins on the molex connector so everything was off by one slot. Pulled it off, realigned, and boom...everything was perfect.

#4 7 years ago

I am having a similar issue with a Rottendog replacement... opto's seem to be working in test with credit card (used for testing) but clock is not. It will pick up on the 0, 15, 30, 45 no problem but will jump back an hour on the hour optos for some reason. I havent solved this yet but what Ive found so far:

As stpcore mentioned - recheck both molex connectors.

also make sure that little pin that goes inside the hand of the clock is in the right position.

How did you check the optos? Just with a credit card or something?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-clock-issues-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.