• Latest reply 3 years ago by alexanr1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7BB675CD-56EA-4A74-9ED6-F8F392C04320 (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Having played countless games of TZ across many years, it just occurred to me that i never never "Use" the clock during gameplay.

In fact, i couldn't even call it a toy - pretty pointless to me. just sits there and spins at times (yes my clock works fine). Fortunately everything else (gumball machine, power playfield (best playfield ever!), spiral magnets, etc) are all used & add to the game so they make up for it.

Anyone actually use the clock? Maybe i'm abiding by Rudy and just not messin with it?

#2 3 years ago

You’ll need it to time your shots for clock chaos.

#3 3 years ago

I use (and by 'use', I mean 'look at') a lot. It tells me how much time I have in a lot of modes, including Clock Chaos and Clock (Ten) Millions - which the shots' award values are based on the clock's position. And it saves me from having to look at the screen and take my eye off the playfield while playing.

#4 3 years ago

It is a complicated gadget with some game value. I love it though!

Clock Target
a single, stand-up target between the two ramps, it's hittable from either lower flipper, and even from the upper edge of the top left flipper. In regular play, the target lights one of the 7 5-million targets (their locations in a bit) - if all 7 are lit, the Clock Target scores a one-time 1OM "Clock Bonus", along with incredibly startling sound, flashing light, and cool animation. Additional Clock hits (that ball) with all 5M targets lit gives nothing but a "cuckoo" noise. In certain Door and Camera modes, the Clock Target is worth lots of points and more animations.

Clock
The Clock is located just behind the Piano shot, and it (usually) counts down scoring rounds and things; the Clock can move at varying speeds, and once it hits 12, that's the end of the round. The Clock is a genuine, analog clock with hour and minute hands; the minute hand crosses sensors every 15 (Clock) minutes, in order to calibrate itself (watch closely when the Clock winds itself back to 12, always in the easier direction; it overshoots 12 by a few minutes, then reverses and stops on the sensor). The sensors also cause display changes during Clock rounds, so watch the display if you so desire.

In attract mode the clock will also display the real time.

#5 3 years ago

I think its to remind you how many hours of your life you spent trying to get it to work right?

#6 3 years ago

mine has been disconnected for years, just because its so noisy -

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I have an issue when things don’t work properly on my games. Would drive me nuts if it was “turned off” / “disconnected”

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I have an issue when things don’t work properly on my games. Would drive me nuts if it was “turned off” / “disconnected”

TZ's clock causes way more credit dots than any other WPC device. Finding a TZ on location without a credit dot for the clock is extremely rare.

The TZ I play on location for league has the clock replaced with a tiny digital clock that constantly blinks 12:00. An operator with a sense of humor.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

TZ's clock causes way more credit dots than any other WPC device. Finding a TZ on location without a credit dot for the clock is extremely rare.
The TZ I play on location for league has the clock replaced with a tiny digital clock that constantly blinks 12:00. An operator with a sense of humor.

For home I still have the original board in it. I have new bulbs and reflowed the solder. works perfectly. My game doesn't sit powered on all day to allow for the bulbs to get so hot and cause board issues which is what an operator would experience.

If I had one on location, I would put in the LED board that is a lot more reliable. A non working clock is usually the least of the problems on a machine at a location. I would be happy with flippers that were rebuilt an powerful and all of the game switches working. Most location machines I have played can't even take care of the basics let alone a clock.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Yup me too. Modes have enough audio cues for me to know what's going on.

Believe me..."It's on the list" of things to fix I bought/installed a brand new board and it still had an error so i just unplugged it again.

#11 3 years ago

Sure it’s a pain to get the clock to work flawlessly but for me adds a lot of value and intensity during gameplay. The louder the better when it starts going fast and timing out a mode.

Put together this clock for the game room wall. Seemed fitting

7BB675CD-56EA-4A74-9ED6-F8F392C04320 (resized).png7BB675CD-56EA-4A74-9ED6-F8F392C04320 (resized).png

Edit- hard to tell scale. The clock is a little larger than 10 x 12”

#12 3 years ago

I don't really look at it since hands are kind of hard to see at a quick glance. At least for me. It would help if clock hands were a different color to stand out more from everything else black on clock face.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I don't really look at it since hands are kind of hard to see at a quick glance. At least for me. It would help if clock hands were a different color to stand out more from everything else black on clock face.

It’s not to hard to open it up. You could pull out the one hand and paint it white.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-clock-anyone-use-it-during-play?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.