• Latest reply 10 years ago by NM
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
#1 13 years ago

I was curious as to whether any TZ owners lubricate their clock gears. If so, what do you use?

2 years later
#2 10 years ago

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!!!!

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm about to replace my clock housing, and the clock is annoyingly loud.

#4 10 years ago

got me all excited for nothing! =P

I don't think the forum existed when the OP was made 2 years ago lol.

#5 10 years ago

I have some white lithium grease I used for my paintball guns seemed to work on jd dead world shafts.

#6 10 years ago

Dry spray lube. Available at auto parts stores. Just spray the gears, little bit, done. Invisible, and won't turn yellow like lithium grease does.

#7 10 years ago

If it's noisy, it's one of the very few things you can lube. Lithium grease is fine.

#8 10 years ago

Is the noise it makes sounds like the clock hands are scraping on the clock?

#9 10 years ago

Good to know when I finally shop mine!

What does the time on the clock mean? I've never understood what it means to gameplay. Is it just there for the coolness factor?

#10 10 years ago

Nothing scraping. It works great.

Time on the clock is mainly used for Clock Millions and Clock Frenzy to tell you what you're making for each shot to the standup, and then as a timer in other modes.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Time on the clock is mainly used for Clock Millions and Clock Frenzy to tell you what you're making for each shot to the standup, and then as a timer in other modes.

And you can also set it so that it tells the actual time during attract mode. It's truly one of the most ingenious toys in all of pinball.

#12 10 years ago

I have the time set on mine for sure one of the coolest toys ever put in pinball.

#13 10 years ago

We had ours apart last night...not really that bad to take apart, so definitely will be considering trying to quiet it down in the future. Probably when I replace those teeny-tiny incandescents with LEDs and redo the decal. Going to get the replacement kit from Pinbits. My boards are good....think that they were replaced at some point....they're charred but they don't really look all that bad.

#14 10 years ago

Eh, just get Ingo's board with the warm white superfluxx's. It's what I'll be doing down the road. I've never heard a bad review of it yet!

http://www.german-pinball-modular.de/final-tz-clock-pcb-english.html

I think he's up to version 1.8 now. He said in another thread here that 1.8 will be the final version of his clock board.

#15 10 years ago

Or... I could just save myself a crapton of money. That board is like 100 bucks, yeah?

#16 10 years ago

Wow, Lotta digging going on Pinside these days!

images.jpgimages.jpg

#17 10 years ago

I agree. The clock boards in TZ are super easy to fix. And bulletproof for that matter.

Quoted from Frax:

Or... I could just save myself a crapton of money.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Or... I could just save myself a crapton of money. That board is like 100 bucks, yeah?

True, but my boards are just about toast and I'd rather pay a little bit more for something and replace it once, for good(at about the same price as the regular replacement clock boards), than to have to do it over and over every couple of years.

Besides, if someone has poured countless hours to make something as bulletproof as possible AND reduced the amount of parts and pieces necessary compared to the original while improving its overall design and function, it's worth it to me.

#19 10 years ago

White lithium grease works best to quiet the gears as mentioned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 12.95
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 79.50
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-clock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.