Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160915_230954 (resized).jpg
RD 18V cap.jpg
twelve.jpg
DMM-902 134.jpg
J101.jpg
409062b.gif
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Great thanks Zaza - I already found the 7812 at Radio Shack I am going to pick up the cap today as well.

https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-12v-fixed-voltage-regulator-7812?variant=5717601477

The above will work for 7812?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

The above will work for 7812?

Yes, as far as I know, this type 7812 is an 1 Ampere continuous and 2.2Amp peak-level regulator.

Because of the voltage going up and down on TP8, you might consider to replace the bridge rectifier BR.1 as well.
But the one I see at radioshack is 'only' 8Amp where the original uses a 35Amp version.
Maybe you have one spare to use ?

#53 7 years ago

Im pretty new to pinball repair (as you can tell) so the only spare parts I have are fuses.

Any worries with just replacing the 7812 first - then testing to see if I get back the 12v - then if I need to replace BR1? I mean is there a downside to not replacing BR1 right away?

#54 7 years ago

No worries if you do it step by step. Let's first see what happens after a new 7812.
Only when the bridge has a shorted segment it would give problems but you measured no short.
It could be that one segment is 'open' and that is difficult to measure with 2 fat capacitors on the 18Volt supply.

#55 7 years ago

I think you need a new canewton circuit.

#56 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice Circus Charlie I figured the peanut gallery would chime in at some point

Got everything replaced and soldered just gotta switch it on. Fingers crossed

Quoted from Push600:

I think you need a new canewton circuit.

#57 7 years ago

After replacing g 7812 and c2 I have 12vd and I'm back up and running! Thanks zaza!

Clock is out of wack not defaultong to 12 so I'll need to figure that out or reset it somehow?

I'll also go back over my voltages. I really need to figure out how to prevent this in the future!

#58 7 years ago

This won't happen again if you give me some of your "junk"

#59 7 years ago

Everything is working well so far except the clock.

I noticed when the machine went down it was out if wack when I turned it back on... the clock that is.

Go figure clock is a rottendog clock board.

It will go 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 on the hour hand and then it's behind. Happens twice between 12 and 12 that once it reaches say 10 pm at 11 it jumps back to 10 but the minute hand keeps moving.

Thoughts?

#60 7 years ago

Very nice that you got this one working !

The clock, I think that one opto doesn't work. Go into clock-test and set it on Fast-Forward. Are all 8 optos working in a 12 hour cycle ?

#61 7 years ago

Yeah I'm pretty pumped! After playing a couple games the clock fixes itself during gameplay... credit dot goes away. When power off then back on it breaks again. But again during gameplay fixes itself...

I'm hesitant to play it too much until I track down the cause of the issue I'd prefer to not blow that voltage regulator again.

Any advice on tracking it down? Is there any way to work backward on the 12v to narrow down where the cause could have been or trace wires back?

Thanks again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.50
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 22.50
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-check-fuse-114115-with-rottendog-boards/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.