Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by leesparts
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Has anyone ever had this problem? I can manually move the Diverter fine, checked all screws on ramp and they are tight. The underside is also screwed tight to the playfield. The Green coil AE-26-1200 is correct as well. Basically, whenever the coil activates, its shakes the whole ramp, causing a fast ball to fall off the ramp.

Any ideas? I am guessing I can just replace the coil at this point but i didnt know if anyone else had this problem or if all TZs shake the ramp when the coil activates.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

Has anyone ever had this problem? I can manually move the Diverter fine, checked all screws on ramp and they are tight. The underside is also screwed tight to the playfield. The Green coil AE-26-1200 is correct as well. Basically, whenever the coil activates, its shakes the whole ramp, causing a fast ball to fall off the ramp.
Any ideas? I am guessing I can just replace the coil at this point but i didnt know if anyone else had this problem or if all TZs shake the ramp when the coil activates.

Once in a blue moon when it opens up to let the ball go to the upper play field. Are you talking all the time or just then? If its all the time you are getting bounce outs and you really sld put a magnet on the diverter.

#3 8 years ago

I have a magnet on the diverter, but it does not ever come in play. The ball will fly off before it even reaches the diverter. Whenever it fires, it shakes the ramp and the ball kinda goes flying whenever it turns the corner of the right ramp to travel to the mini playfield.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

I have a magnet on the diverter, but it does not ever come in play. The ball will fly off before it even reaches the diverter. Whenever it fires, it shakes the ramp and the ball kinda goes flying whenever it turns the corner of the right ramp to travel to the mini playfield.

The diverter sldnt go off until the ball in it to dump it ? And there is only a few times when it opens to let the balll threw? Your saying it never ever makes it to the diverter in any circumstance?

#5 8 years ago

Sorry for the confusion, the ball will make it to the diverter and dump it like normal if the mini playfield game is not lit, but whenever the power is lit, that's when it shakes it off the ramp.

I am going to remove the ramp again and re install it just in case I didn't line it up correctly

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

Sorry for the confusion, the ball will make it to the diverter and dump it like normal if the mini playfield game is not lit, but whenever the power is lit, that's when it shakes it off the ramp.
I am going to remove the ramp again and re install it just in case I didn't line it up correctly

Ok make sure the diverter dont have a lot of sideways play in it. If it does you can bend the ears to make it snug . Also is the coil have the correct spring in it?

#7 8 years ago

Check for broken welds in the wire form, if the welds are broken it will flex and send your ball off.

#8 8 years ago

Make sure it's screwed in correctly...sometimes just a little play in that screw by the right ramp can affect it a lot.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Check for broken welds in the wire form, if the welds are broken it will flex and send your ball off.

This was the issue with mine. Screws holding bracket down will be tight but it won't matter since the bracket is no longer attached to the wire form. Might need to remove in order to see the break.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 132.00
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-bridge-diverter-shakes-the-ball-off-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.