(Topic ID: 245510)

TZ booting issue and/or keeps restarting

By marioparty34

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arolden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

There is so many things to try listed here I'm almost scared to post anything but I'm going to anyway as I just cant help myself.
EDIT: <paragraph removed as I really spoke my mind here on what I read in this topic>
WARNING RANT COMING!
You know whats missing here...
There is not a single voltage measurement posted from the OP nor requested by anyone. The best that was done was he was pointed in the right direction by LTG so its assumed that these measurements are good as the OP posted he performed the procedure and found no issues; yet everyone assumes that there is a low voltage problem because they seen it all before and go through all the steps to correct this issue with absolutely ZERO voltage measurements. Based on this post:

I feel we did nothing to assist the OP to understand or diagnose his issue as his problem may actually be as simple as a loose ASIC ... but there is no way to know
END RANT.
I'm just going to ask three question of marioparty34 and am not going to post any more in this thread.
1) What was your voltage measurements at TP2 on the Power Driver board?
2) What was your measurement at pin 32 of the game ROM, or on pin 2 (center pin) of U10?
3) If you remove all connectors EXCEPT J210 from the CPU board, does it give you the same reset sequence as seen in your video or does D20 blink normally?

The problem is that most voltage measurements in these situations are not helpful. Voltages are usually fine until something causes a dip which triggers the reset. Unless you have a scope you have little chance of actually seeing the voltage dip. Most meters aren't nearly sensitive enough. So in a lot of cases it is simply easier to treat resets symptomatically.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 1,059.00
$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arolden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-booting-issue-and-or-keeps-restarting?tu=arolden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.