Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by sulli10
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Over the years, I have played and owned all the top x pins. In my mind, I do not know how MM, AFM or MB can be rated higher than TZ to me it is the ultimate perfection. Had MM twice still sold it, MB is a fun game but meh to me, still keeping my original AFM, but to me TZ is still the ONLY perfect game. To me TZ would be #1 and LOTR #2.
Lots of contenders for #3. TBL, DILE, SM, CFTBL (and its siblings CV and WCS, not TM) and IM premium or LE.

#2 4 years ago

Game of thrones?

#3 4 years ago

had TZ, but anoying for me, my bests ar IJ and TOM so rating is personnal, good thing if not averybody will have same pins!

#4 4 years ago

It's taste. None of the games you mention would make my top 50 even.

#5 4 years ago

I have owned TZ for close to a year and absolutely love it. Again, all personal preference but I feel it is the right mix of several elements that make a great game. I try to play as many pins as possible to figure out what I like / dislike but always enjoy playing TZ. Just a great all around game. Whenever I take friends who don’t play pinball to the local pinball bars, they always flock to AFM and MM because they are fun and somewhat easy to understand which helps a lot. I really want to own AFM and feel the same way about it as I do TZ. The more pins you play, the more you find those obscure games that are just a blast to play that are nowhere near the top 50. I love playing Mousin Around and Congo but my wife and kids could care less. Now if I could just get everyone in my house on the same page pinwise, could probably get a few more

#6 4 years ago

I'm just not a fan of Widebodies. Yes, TZ is an amazing game, but for fun factor, it's not my cup o tea.

#7 4 years ago

Indy and Woz for the win!

#8 4 years ago

I know everybody else has had one for years, but having just gotten a STTNG I really feel like that has some of the best theme integration and shots (the flow!). Love TZ too

#9 4 years ago

I think that TZ isn't as accessible for most people and the fact it's still in the top 5 is a testimony to it's design. Even after a year I still find new things to try, or experience - for example right now I just try and focus on powerball - getting it out/putting it back etc to work on that shot. It's like a little reward to play powerball once it's loose.
You'll read many reviews stating that it's slow, and I believe that's in how it's set up. Mine plays super slick but I keep it waxed on the regular and closer to 7 deg pitch, it's never slow (try nailing the orbit without magnet intervention)
Yes the game has a ton of modes and that can slow things down a bit, but TZ is a great standalone game or companion to the other top listed games which are amazing, but in the end have accessibility over depth. I only have space for 4 machines, any time I have people over they gravitate towards MM or MB, and Shadow and TZ get a few plays before people get chewed up and spit out - I like having that kind of mix.

#10 4 years ago

I agree with the OP , TZ is a better all around pin then the other top 4. The pinside “traditionalists” in this hobby keep MM at the number one spot. Nothing wrong with that and it is what it is. I believe TZ May be the number one pin on some other ranking systems.
From the W/B 90’s pins my favorite 3 are the super pin wide bodies TZ, IJ and STTNG. all three have excellent integration with the respective theme. STTNG is the bargain of all of them it has a lot going for it. I just got mine tuned up with some over due troubleshooting and this game can be a hummer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-and-the-other-top-5-contenders and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.