10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ZEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Off the top does anybody know how long stern produces a pro game? I'm sure that this is common knowledge somewhere but I haven't come across the numbers.

#2 10 years ago

I would assume it is based on sales. They have run productions of additional games based on sales.

#3 10 years ago

I'm sure if people keep buying them, they'll keep producing them.

#4 10 years ago

There is no set number, as it depends directly on sales. They are set up to change over the line very quickly to rerun more of any given title based on sales. Typically Stern Licenses are for 3 years, at any time during those three years they can run as many as they want to meet demand.

#5 10 years ago

When I was there at expo , they had an Avatar just off the line.. so I think how long their liscence is makes a difference, and at this point, most models are "made to order", meaning they have parts, take some orders, fill the line.. Im just guessing of course.. but how do you explain that. The Disney liscences are probably very time specific, i.e. Tron, so getting runs of a title after the liscence runs is not going to happen..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/typical-stern-pro-production-time-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.