(Topic ID: 233105)

Typical conditions of bar-cade games in your area.

By dangerranger96

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by schudel5
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I was at a local bar-cade tonight that I frequent, playing Elvira and the Party Monsters. The flippers were kind of weak and the bottom pop bumper wasn't firing. The last time I was there, I played Attack from Mars and Dialed In the left flipper on AFM could hardly make it to the UFO and the pitch on DI was so flat the ball almost sat still on the playfield. There are a few places in my area (not counting bars with a single poor machine in the corner that has been neglected since 1993) that have pins and it always seems like 50% of them are broke in some way. I'm fairly new to the hobby and I have not really visited too many other places to play. I know operating isn't easy and stuff breaks but I still want to know if this is the way it is in other places? Do I just accept the pins on location will be that way? I just find it hard to believe that these places host tournaments with these games in this shape. Just curious.

#2 5 years ago

You might have to expand your horizons beyond barcades. They make money on alcohol not pins. So pins are not a priority for all barcades. Some ops do keep their games up, and some don't.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Really varries by location. There are a number of barcades in Denver with games in very good shape. There’s always going to be one that’s not working quite right (it’s pinball, they break as fast as you can fix them) but if you’re seeing 50% non-working, probably time to take your business elsewhere.

#4 5 years ago

Boxcar barcade in North Carolina has multiple locations all with new stern LE and JJP LEs and CEs. They keep them all in excellent working condition. If you go somewhere that doesn’t keep their games and pins in good shape, I’d go somewhere else.

#5 5 years ago

That's kind of what I figured. I feel the bar doesn't have anyone competing with it so it has become complacent.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from dangerranger96:

That's kind of what I figured. I feel the bar doesn't have anyone competing with it so it has become complacent.

What did they say when you reported these issues to them?

#7 5 years ago

"That's one of our oldest games, we'll have to get someone in here to look at it". I understand stuff breaks and it can take time to get parts and fix it but I also feel a lot of it is simple maintenance.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from dangerranger96:

I understand stuff breaks and it can take time to get parts and fix it but I also feel a lot of it is simple maintenance.

I have games on location and I do my best to keep them running. I spent two lunch breaks from work this week to get one up and running just to have it go down on another issue today. So guess where I'll be on my day off tomorrow?

You can't keep up with it because I'm not the one playing them and rely solely on others telling me there's issues. I have to lug parts and tools every time I go. It's usually when something breaks I get alerted which this week has been often. It's been simple stuff like broken wires, broken flipper return springs, flaky switches.

The new Beatles pin less than 3 weeks old has a broken reset ledge for the drops. It's crazy what happens to these games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/typical-conditions-of-bar-cade-games-in-your-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.