(Topic ID: 128975)

Type of wood sided on side rails/legs

By jjpm

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Apologies if this topic has come up before. During the woodrail era, did Gottlieb, Bally and Chicago coin use the same type of wood on the siderails and legs of woodrails? If so, was it maple or oak?

#2 8 years ago

I'd say Maple.

#3 8 years ago

Gottlieb used maple for the side rails, lockdown bar, and backbox trim. But the legs I'm not sure. The ones I've seen don't seem like maple to me. Maybe hickory? I'm not sure. Williams seems to have used oak though.

#4 8 years ago

FYI Woodrail legs just came available on PBR's website--------

After several false starts, we have a suitable suppler for wooden pinball machine legs! We have tried to get them made only to find unacceptable costs and several shops simply "no-quoted" the job due to expense of wood. These came out very nice and I hope this supplier can make other wooden parts for us.

So...available now are wooden legs with the following specs:

31" overall

furniture grade maple, solid, not laminated

unfinished, sanded but ready for any stain or finish desired

drilled for all hardware, but no hardware is included

cross section dimensions 1-5/8" thick x 2-1/8" width

mounting bolts on 2-1/4" center

dimensions match Gottlieb 40's thru end of use in 50's

Part number is LEG-31WOOD, price is $31.25 per leg (making a set $125.).

#5 8 years ago

They seem too heavy to be maple which is what, combined with the news from pbresource, prompted the question.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

FYI Woodrail legs just came available on PBR's website--------

Timing could not be better!

#7 8 years ago

I can't wait to see them on your Wishing Well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/type-of-wood-sided-on-side-railslegs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.