Topic Stats

• 405 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Riffbear
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 491 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1854.JPG
IMG_1813.JPG
IMG_1803.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG
IMG_1800.JPG
IMG_1801.JPG
IMG_1799.JPG
IMG_1797.JPG
IMG_1798.JPG
IMG_1771.JPG
IMG_1761.JPG
IMG_1758.JPG
IMG_1760.JPG
IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1757.JPG

There are 405 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 4 years ago

IMG_1528.JPGIMG_1529.JPGIMG_1530.JPGIMG_1531.JPGIMG_1532.JPGIMG_1533.JPGIMG_1534.JPG

#352 4 years ago

IMG_1551.JPGIMG_1562.JPGIMG_1563.JPGIMG_1564.JPGIMG_1565.JPGIMG_1566.JPG

#353 4 years ago

// Error: Image 383362 not found //// Error: Image 383364 not found //// Error: Image 383365 not found //// Error: Image 383366 not found //// Error: Image 383369 not found //// Error: Image 383367 not found //// Error: Image 383368 not found //

#354 4 years ago

IMG_1588.JPGIMG_1597.JPGIMG_1598.JPGIMG_1596.JPG

#355 4 years ago

joust

IMG_1600.JPGIMG_1601.JPGIMG_1602.JPGIMG_1603.JPGIMG_1604.JPGIMG_1605.JPG

#356 4 years ago

Great thread labnip!

My buddy bought one of the Williams Slugfest. Great game when you have 2 players for sure as I had fun playing it and now going to a nice home in Colorado.

Ken

TPF 2015 004.JPG
#357 4 years ago

Games Played on pins brought to TPF 2015 ?

So, a new ROM was put into TOM on Friday during setup time (pre-show), so it got to start with zero ( 0 ) plays. Show started at 5pm CST on Friday, all day/night Saturday... etc...

On Sunday morning I checked plays, and it was 420.
I forgot to check how much more it had by end of show because it hadn't sold, so didn't think I would need to until it got back home. But then after the show it ended up selling, and I totally forgot to check

TOM had a line of people anywhere from 2 to 8 people at any point during the day when I'd walk by. Sheesh... I truly had -NO- idea it was that popular of a game. So maybe add another 200 plays for Sunday (guessing here), to be about 620 plays during all of TPF ?

Did anyone else check the plays on your pins during the show?

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Great thread labnip!
My buddy bought one of the Williams SlugFest. Great game when you have 2 players for sure as I had fun playing it and now going to a nice home in Colorado.
Ken

TPF 2015 004.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

ahhh man, that one was so nice
I just had to stop every time I'd walk past it, to check it out more.

#359 4 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

They are slowly getting unfolded and set up.

Tron: 743
Metallica: 798
Congo: 404 (it was in the tournament area)
Crescendo: We didn't check the counter closely beforehand, so no idea.
STTNG: /stillfolded
Jackbot: /stillfolded

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

They are slowly getting unfolded and set up.
Tron: 743
Metallica: 798
Congo: 404 (it was in the tournament area)
Crescendo: We didn't check the counter closely beforehand, so no idea.
STTNG: /stillfolded
Jackbot: /stillfolded

It was so nice meeting y'all in person.
Everyone there were just the nicest folks you could ever spend a perfect weekend with

#362 4 years ago

Farfalla is at my house getting repaired. Playfield cleaned up very nicely. Neon is working. MPU is not booting up.
Wish I would have bidded one more time to get that Pinball Champ.

Playfield cleaned up nicely already.
Power supply needs some corroded fuse holders replaced and some more work to the acid damaged MPU.
Hope it will be working soon.
DSC00842.JPGDSC00843.JPGDSC00844.JPGDSC00845.JPG

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Xenon: 611
Quicksilver: 557

I noted plays before breaking them down. I also looked at high scores, but didn't log them. From memory:

Xenon: 1.5 million
Quicksilver: 2.2 million (verified)

#364 4 years ago

Best two machines at the show IMO. Thanks for bringing them.

#365 4 years ago

Funhouse: 443 completed games - 15.5 hours of gameplay and only 4 tilts.

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Xenon: 611
Quicksilver: 557

Quoted from Gov:

Best two machines at the show IMO. Thanks for bringing them.

No kidding. Outstanding. i kept on scanning badges to try and see who you were to tell you. Great job. Please send Quicksilver to me, ASAP.

#367 4 years ago

Yeah, I didn't care about points on Quicksilver, I just wanted to rip the spinners and feel the rumble...

#368 4 years ago

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! Almost didn't bring Quicksilver this year, but my friend didn't have anything ready to go so it was kind of a last minute decision.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from murdock:

Funhouse: 443 completed games - 15.5 hours of gameplay and only 4 tilts.

I played one with an overlay that played really well, I don't know if that was yours. I didn't get a chance to play the other one, though.

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! Almost didn't bring Quicksilver this year, but my friend didn't have anything ready to go so it was kind of a last minute decision.

I am glad you did. If you ever get the itch to sell that thing, let me know!

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I am glad you did. If you ever get the itch to sell that thing, let me know!

I asked first!

Quoted from btw75:

No kidding. Please send Quicksilver to me, ASAP.

#372 4 years ago

QS broke a slingshot arm Friday night. HUGE thanks to Chris Munro who had a couple in his booth and gave one to me for free just to keep the game running. Made sure we went back and bought something from him.

Still haven't found the broken piece.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Still haven't found the broken piece.

It's working its way over to the speaker magnet. Check every week or so.

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I played one with an overlay that played really well, I don't know if that was yours. I didn't get a chance to play the other one, though.

That was my funhouse. I am glad you enjoyed. One day I may do a whole playfield swap but hey financially it worked for me at the time. To anyone who contacted me about buying it, i was on the fence about selling but as the weekend went on I realized how much I liked it.

Is it normal for buyers to not submit an offer when it says open to offers? Most people just stated what's your bottom dollar? Or I don't know what these pinball games are worth so you tell me how low you will sell it? All in all I am glad I brought it and people enjoyed it!

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from murdock:

Is it normal for buyers to not submit an offer when it says open to offers? Most people just stated what's your bottom dollar? Or I don't know what these pinball games are worth so you tell me how low you will sell it?

I think you get that with uninformed buyers who don't even have a guess what the market price for a particular pin would be. They are just afraid of overpaying because they know they are out of their element. An experienced pinhead would be confident enough to toss you a number.

#377 4 years ago

20 minute TPF video walk around.
Don't know who did it

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from murdock:

That was my funhouse. I am glad you enjoyed. One day I may do a whole playfield swap but hey financially it worked for me at the time. To anyone who contacted me about buying it, i was on the fence about selling but as the weekend went on I realized how much I liked it.
Is it normal for buyers to not submit an offer when it says open to offers? Most people just stated what's your bottom dollar? Or I don't know what these pinball games are worth so you tell me how low you will sell it? All in all I am glad I brought it and people enjoyed it!

I got a bunch of those over the weekend.
I would just tell them "I'm accepting offers". Then they would either vanish or later made an offer.
Got a few lowballers, then later serious offers began rolling in.
I can tell you, I'm still having separation anxiety from selling TOM

#379 4 years ago

IMG_1565.JPGIMG_1579.JPGIMG_1620.JPGIMG_1621.JPGIMG_1629.JPGIMG_1630.JPG

#380 4 years ago

IMG_1635.JPGIMG_1638.JPGIMG_1640.JPGIMG_1654.JPGIMG_1672.JPGIMG_1673.JPG

#381 4 years ago

this is the sum total of what i saw at the Saturday swap meet... after a v-e-r-y long Friday night
anything good at the swap meet?
anyone grab up anything?

IMG_1675.JPG

#382 4 years ago

IMG_1686.JPGIMG_1687.JPGIMG_1690.JPGIMG_1699.JPGIMG_1700.JPGIMG_1701.JPGIMG_1705.JPGIMG_1706.JPG

#384 4 years ago

ok,

Here's my thoughts on this game.
It's purdy.
Game play is interesting.
I'm not sure the incline was right as the game is a bit slow. But maybe it's meant to be that way.
The playfield roll-over lights above the poppers start off lit, and you have to get the ball to roll over them to turn the light off and activate the coordinating popper scoring below. That was neat.
Definitely some skill shot practice needed to hit certain roll-overs to maximize points. Liked that. The primary colors are vivid and the playfield is really well lit. good job on that for sure.
I didn't spend enough time staring at this part, but there's a little LCD-looking display on the bottom-left of the apron that gives different kinds of read-outs for different reasons. I should have studied that better, but it's easy to turn into an A.D.D person at TFP

There's a saucer on the top-right of the playfield that takes some time & skill to get good at shooting. I like how it's designed to allow the ball to roll-over the saucer, go into the little dog-house design and roll back slowly into the saucer. The rubbers surrounding the dog-house enclosure were worn to hell. Not sure how long they've been there. But this game has seen some serious play time in it's short life, or those rubbers are cheap quality. i dunno...

During several of my games, the darned ball would end up getting caught between the flipper and a post. I think a big part of that is related to the slow speed (low momentum) of the ball overall during game-play. And just placement of playfield parts. (see pic). didn't try to do it. just after several occurrences, i though a pic was something to do.

I didn't have any of those problems with the ball getting sent back into the shooter lane, like seen on that initial demo video of the game right off the line.

Overall, it's definitely eye candy color & light popping. Game play is slow, but has some entertaining design elements. I'd definitely play it more to just try and master the game. I'd say that's a surprising positive. I've got a ton of pins, some NIB, other's pricey as hell, but this game doesn't compel me to pay it's price. Especially after paying less for Tron LE NIB. Just a thought...

Hope that helps

IMG_1709.JPGIMG_1710.JPGIMG_1711.JPGIMG_1712.JPGIMG_1713.JPGIMG_1714.JPGIMG_1715.JPG

#385 4 years ago

Anybody else notice how thin the clear was on Nellie? All of the inked areas were raised. Was that on purpose?

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Anybody else notice how thin the clear was on Nellie? All of the inked areas were raised. Was that on purpose?

yeah... good point.
i didn't know if they intended to have that ink so uneven in different areas to influence game-play, didn't put on enough clear, still practicing the best way to ink the playfield, or what...

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Yes. According to Greg, these were just "quick and dirty" playfields, not the screened production versions and that the production playfields would be much nicer.

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

20 minute TPF video walk around.
Don't know who did it

That was Martin from Pinball News (as the beginning of the video indicates) walking around late Saturday. I remember saying "Hey Martin" to him as he wandered through, so I had to find myself. Sure enough, I'm in there at 8:23.

#389 4 years ago

IMG_1717.JPGIMG_1720.JPGIMG_1721.JPGIMG_1722.JPGIMG_1723.JPGIMG_1724.JPGIMG_1725.JPGIMG_1726.JPGIMG_1727.JPG

#390 4 years ago

IMG_1729.JPGIMG_1730.JPGIMG_1731.JPGIMG_1732.JPGIMG_1735.JPGIMG_1736.JPG

#391 4 years ago

don't add water !!

IMG_1738.JPG

#392 4 years ago

IMG_1739.JPG

#393 4 years ago

IMG_1750.JPGIMG_1751.JPGIMG_1752.JPGIMG_1757.JPGIMG_1758.JPGIMG_1759.JPGIMG_1760.JPGIMG_1761.JPG

#394 4 years ago

IMG_1771.JPGIMG_1797.JPGIMG_1798.JPGIMG_1799.JPGIMG_1800.JPGIMG_1801.JPGIMG_1802.JPGIMG_1803.JPG

#395 4 years ago

i finally got my first chance to see & play this game in person.
hmmm....
i'll just leave it at that

IMG_1813.JPG

#396 4 years ago

IMG_1853.JPGIMG_1854.JPG

#397 4 years ago

Thank you for all the pictures labnip !

LTG : )™

#398 4 years ago

Saw a post about gameplay numbers. I was located on the back wall near xpin booth and I had about 475 plays on my star trek premium. I'd imagine because I wasnt right inside the front door my plays were a little lower than they could have been, but game held up fine nothing broken not even a rubber. Was very impressed.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from fluffybunny:

Saw a post about gameplay numbers. I was located on the back wall near xpin booth and I had about 475 plays on my star trek premium. I'd imagine because I wasnt right inside the front door my plays were a little lower than they could have been, but game held up fine nothing broken not even a rubber. Was very impressed.

Cool.
Ed moved my TOM up near front with a circle of ColorDMD games.
It had a lot of traffic and a few repair situations

#400 4 years ago

Twister almost made it through the whole weekend without any repair work needed. Drop target gave me issues Sunday about 11am.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountain View, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 47.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 109.99
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 11.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 405 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside