Linked Games

Topic poll

“TX Sector vs. Robo-War: which one is better?”

• TX Sector 28 votes
    57%
  • Robo-War 21 votes
    43%

(49 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schusler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ugh, that sucks.
I prefer RW over TX, mainly because of the rules. TX doesn't make much sense to me, but with RoboWar, there is a clear, and understandable path to take.

Curious on what you don't understand about the ruleset?

#15 7 years ago

I can see it. Players think when they see ramps; the rules must be contingent on the ramp shots.

I prefer TX for my case.

-Music
-Theme
-Playfield Layout

The thing I like (and prefer)about TX... is that there's several different scoring strategies you can accomplish for points. I really didn't get that off of Robo-War.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my only regret is not buying a NOS robowar pf when they were readily available. Steve told me he shipped 10 to one person in EU that is apparently hoarding them.
If anyone has one, please LMK.

I think that same dude cleaned house on a lot of Gottlieb playfields he had.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Wizcat:

I have a good friend that owns both, and it's Robowar for me by a decent margin. With TX the strategy is fairly simple, shoot lit spinner, hope to hit the target to advance a level, and when you're at 10 go for MB

TX's strategy is a lot more complex than that. Spinners is just one of them

The best scoring strategy I use is the left ramp with the drop target. Usually get your power levels around 8 or 9; hit that left ramp when when the timer is almost max (basically when you hit the drop). I usually try to time it when it comes down to the right inlane (the drop target automatically drops) for the maximum points.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schusler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tx-sector-vs-robo-war?tu=Schusler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.