Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by seshpilot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

18D30E22-4705-43DA-8AC4-B20275B73441 (resized).jpeg
    IMG-20211116-WA0011 (resized).jpg
    IMG-20211116-WA0015 (resized).jpg
    IMG-20211116-WA0013 (resized).jpg
    IMG-20211116-WA0009 (resized).jpg
    IMG-20211116-WA0008 (resized).jpg
    IMG-20211116-WA0000 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I could have all of them.....but only have place for one of them. Which one would you choose in terms of fun and gameplay?

#2 2 years ago

Robo War by far.

TX Sector is great, but definitely not as good.

Space Station is a classic but I find it’s easy comparatively and doesn’t hold up as well.

#3 2 years ago

I've had all three and would go with Robo-War hands down. An exceptionally addictive machine from the late 80's. Good luck with your decision!

#4 2 years ago

Hard choice I will take the other two .

All three on my wishlist.

Quoted from Prospekteur:

I could have all of them.....but only have place for one of them. Which one would you choose in terms of fun and gameplay?

#5 2 years ago

Played them all and for me it’s Robowar if I had to choose one

#6 2 years ago

I have TX Sector and Robo war side by side right now.
    TX sector is my favorite of the two.

#7 2 years ago

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Robo War and TX Sector are both in very good shape and are looking fantastic. Space station' cabinett looks worn and has some damages. Could you guys explain me a bit more in detail why you would choose robo wars first? I like the dropdown shots there! But I also like TX-Sector a lot. Space station has no inlanes which I think is also a bit odd......

#8 2 years ago

Zigzagzag : Can you explain me a bit more in detail why TX-sector is your favourite? Would be very interesting for me.......because the choice between this two machines is the hardest part for me right now!

#9 2 years ago

I know someone with a Robo War on his wishlist.

#10 2 years ago

Robo War

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Prospekteur:

Could you guys explain me a bit more in detail why you would choose robo wars first?

Go check out my review of the game in the reviews section here. I go into pretty good detail with the rules.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/mbaumle/ratings/comments#rating-135337

In short, Robo-War has multiple strategies, stackable objectives, a player buildable jackpot, and crazy fast and difficult gameplay where every shot on the game has meaning. It’s *easily* the best game of the 3. It’s a fantastic tournament game as it’s got great balance.

TX-Sector is more about ripping the spinners for big points and teleporting the ball. It’s more gimmicky. I say this with utmost respect to TX though. I love the game too.

#12 2 years ago

Space Station, absolutely awesome game with a rad layout, incredible sound and music. Having owned Robo War, it's certainly a fun game for a little while but it's too one dimensional.

#13 2 years ago

Robo War or TX over Space Station. SS is kind of boring.

#14 2 years ago

I have TX Sector and Robo war side by side right now.
    TX sector is my favorite of the two.

Quoted from Prospekteur:

Zigzagzag : Can you explain me a bit more in detail why TX-sector is your favourite? Would be very interesting for me.......because the choice between this two machines is the hardest part for me right now!

First let me say that I am not a very good pinball player.
    I prefer games I can spend 15 minutes playing and have fun.
    I see other Pinsiders say that Robo wars has a larger strategy element and seemingly deeper ruleset.
    TX sector is indeed a simple game - but I find the shots interesting, the artwork better and the music/sound effects easily the best of the two - better than any other Gottliebs and most other games I have.

So it depends on what kind of game you are after, I guess

#15 2 years ago

Space Station wins hands down IMO as there's nothing else like it from that era.

But if you have a particular soft spot for Gottlieb System 1s though then go for Robo-War, it's a homage to those.

None of the three are bad choices.

#16 2 years ago

Ok Ive done it......bought a Robo War today. I will pick him up next week. Im very excited how this thing plays. Only played it on visual pinball so far. Here are some first images

IMG-20211116-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20211116-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20211116-WA0008 (resized).jpgIMG-20211116-WA0008 (resized).jpgIMG-20211116-WA0009 (resized).jpgIMG-20211116-WA0009 (resized).jpgIMG-20211116-WA0013 (resized).jpgIMG-20211116-WA0013 (resized).jpgIMG-20211116-WA0015 (resized).jpgIMG-20211116-WA0015 (resized).jpg

IMG-20211116-WA0011 (resized).jpgIMG-20211116-WA0011 (resized).jpg
    #17 2 years ago

The only thing you will regret is not picking up the TX also. Both great games. Add a Genesis for the TriFecta.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact ... for board repairs
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Prospekteur:

Ok Ive done it......bought a Robo War today. I will pick him up next week. Im very excited how this thing plays. Only played it on visual pinball so far. Here are some first images
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

You won't regret it, congratulations! And if for some reason you do, PM me.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Prospekteur:

[quoted image]

JEALOUS! What a damn good game!

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Prospekteur:

[quoted image]

I can see myself loving that machine. Farsight put out a decent recreation of TX-Sector, Zen pulled off a wonder with Space Station.

No official recreations of Robo-War to date.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I can see myself loving that machine. Farsight put out a decent recreation of TX-Sector, Zen pulled off a wonder with Space Station.
    No official recreations of Robo-War to date.

Get on the M4 and come and play mine

18D30E22-4705-43DA-8AC4-B20275B73441 (resized).jpeg18D30E22-4705-43DA-8AC4-B20275B73441 (resized).jpeg
    #22 2 years ago

Would be nice to hear your highscores on that machine? I think I will join the robo war club here at pinside too.

ChrisHibler : Yes, the TX is already for sale .....for another 2000€ here in germany. I cant exaggerate, because my wife will kill me if I come home with two machines. But you are right.....it was a really hard decision to choose only one of them. TX-Sector is such a grreat game too. And I dont know till this day, which machine I love more. Both have the Space-Flavour from the eightys which I love so much!

#23 2 years ago

Can't go wrong on any of those Premier pins. I would give the slight nudge to TX. Their is more strategy there than just ripping the spinner. I couldn't get into Space Station - does have great audio though.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lostcause:

Get on the M4 and come and play mine[quoted image]

Ooh, you've got a Gold Wings. Really underappreciated machine.

#25 2 years ago

RW by a mile. I've owned all of em. RW is the only one still standing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tx-sector-vs-robo-war-vs-space-station and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.