IMG_4627 (resized).jpg
IMG_4626 (resized).jpg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpg
IMG_4622 (resized).jpg
IMG_4619 (resized).jpg
IMG_4617 (resized).jpg
IMG_4616 (resized).jpg
IMG_4615 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seshpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 7 years ago

Would love to own one. Contact me if interested in selling.

9 months later
#124 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

and I just got this from the buyer

This was me and while I'm not yet finished with the restore, I'm very happy with how she's turning out! What a cool game

1 month later
#132 6 years ago
#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

I'm intrigued by the difference in playfields between different TX-sectors. Yours has the light trapezoids, while mine has the darker ones.

Per IPDB.com:
We see three different playfields for this game, easily noticed by the brightness of the two trapezoids located between the slingshots on the lower playfield:

1) A Vitrigraph laminated playfield, such as the one in the flyer. Of the three versions, the trapezoids here are the lightest in color. The word "Vitrigraph" appears near the outhole.
2) A silkscreened playfield with lighter trapezoids.
3) A silkscreened playfield with darker trapezoids.

We asked John Trudeau if he might recall the reason for these different "versions". He replies:

I am not sure, but I believe Premier cut off the "Vitrigraph" process in the middle of the production run due to problems in the field. I think the stoppage was done in either TX Sector or Diamond Lady. I can't remember which. That would explain the differences in the colors, I believe. Other than that, I am not aware of any production color changes that were made.

There may have been a hiccup in the production of the [silkscreened] playfields. I am sure there was never a conscious effort to change the art once it was in production (that would only have incurred more cost). There could have been a screen that needed to be repaired at some point in production. And, I don't think there were any actual changes in the vendors doing the screening.

John later confirmed to us that TX Sector, Premier's 1988 'Diamond Lady', and Premier's 1987 'Victory' were the only games to have Vitrigraph playfields, a process he believes was solely developed by Premier and not used by other pinball manufacturers.

1 week later
#151 6 years ago

Damn, I have spent way too much money on this game. Granted, mine is a nice example (undocumented HUO) but I'm at $3500 with the new plastics I just bought. Whew! Just sayin: I definitely belong in this club. TX Tx tx tx

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

does anyone know what the font is for the TX-Sector Logo, Im trying to re-created the logo to manipulate,

Have you tried "What The Font?" Sometimes that brings up close results

#157 6 years ago

Here's an odd one: any idea why the voice would be missing on"TX Tx tx" at game over but not during gameplay?

3 weeks later
#178 6 years ago

Anybody got a nice LED setup going in their game? I've got mine working but I'm not crazy about the colors I've chosen. Post some pics y'all!

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Have you come up with anything for GI lighting that looks good?

It's okay. I guess I was wanting to see if anyone has done some cool lighting tricks with their TX, but it seems either no one has, or is too lazy to take a picture!

1 month later
#207 6 years ago

If anyone needs an plastics, I have a used set I am selling. Would part out if need be too. PM me

2 months later
#215 6 years ago

TX brethren, my right ramp is REALLY difficult to hit. I don't think it's the coil power either because when it makes it, it's quite strong; if it doesn't, it's usually because it bounces too hard into the side of the ramp and comes tumbling back down. Any ideas on how to make this shot a little easier for my non-pinhead friends to make it? Thought about decreasing the incline, but I like how it plays as it sits at about 6 degrees.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is it worth looking into?

I have them, and yes IMO. This game tends to produce quite a few airballs (esp at the right ramp!)

6 months later
#220 5 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

alternate art?

Looking good! I think you could come up with something pretty easily that's better than the original art from Constantino.

1 month later
#232 5 years ago

Jumping out of the club. TX Sector for sale in Indy: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65407

Added over 6 years ago:

SOLD

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from eraserhead:

And then there were two....

Nice! Where'd you get the 2nd one from?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seshpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tx-sector-fan-and-owners-club-all-are-welcome?tu=seshpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.