IMG_4627 (resized).jpg
IMG_4626 (resized).jpg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpg
IMG_4622 (resized).jpg
IMG_4619 (resized).jpg
IMG_4617 (resized).jpg
IMG_4616 (resized).jpg
IMG_4615 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#333 3 years ago

If anyone wants to part with their TX-Sector, let me know! I’d love to slot one right beside my Robo War.

1 month later
#341 3 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

I am shopping my machine and I'd really like to pull the mylar off because it is quite hazy. I am afraid of losing artwork or insert lettering.

Try polishing it with the 3M Headlight Restore kit first. That might brighten it up enough for you to tolerate it, and you won't risk anything.

1 year later
#404 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Whaddya think? Did I bastardize it?

It's definitely not for me, but I can dig it. It's only t-molding! Would be neat if the t-molding lights would chase in sync with the ramp lamps during a teleport. THAT would be rad.

#413 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I can’t seem to get the sound board to reset any tips? I have a logic probe arriving today.

Start easy: Check your 5v. If it's even slightly high, the sound board will have booting issues.
Then check the Aux Power Supply to make sure it's delivering a proper 12 volts to the sound board. This 12 volts is generated from the solenoid voltage, so double check your fuses.

If you're certain you don't have a voltage issue, and you're absolutely certain it's not the connector (A1J5) dig out the logic probe for some fun:

Z13 on the driver board sends the sound call signals to the soundboard. Grab your logic probe and probe the pins. In attract mode, it should test: Pin 1: high, Pin 2: low, Pin 3: High, Pin 4: Low (this pattern continues across all pins).

Moving farther upstream: Z27 and Z31 on the MPU board feeds signals to the driver board to generate sound call information. Again, logic probe the pins. In attract mode the logic levels should be:

Z27

Pin 1: High
2: low
3: high
4: low
5 high
6: low
7: low
8: low
9: blank (no signal, neither high nor low)
10: low
11: high
12: low
13: high
14: high

Z31 (which is a SN7408N)

1-7: all low
8-13: all low
14: high

1 month later
#423 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Thank you for the help!

No problem! Glad you got it sorted!

#425 1 year ago
Quoted from doghouse:

According to what I read a few years ago, the TX backglass (actually a translight) used the first computer generated artwork.

Would you happen to have a source for that? Not questioning the truth to it or anything, but I’m just curious to read more about it. I love learning about little details like this.

I’ve also heard a rumor about them using Ken dolls as models. I think in a TNT video, but I can’t be certain. Anyone hear anything like that before?

#427 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

If Gottlieb was willing to pay for the license

To me, their unwillingness to pay for licenses is part of the charm. Raven/Rambo, Hollywood Heat/Miami Vice, Robo-War/Transformers, Gold Wings/Top Gun all being shameless low-rent ripoffs is kinda why I like them so much.

1 month later
#434 1 year ago

The manual states that #455 bulbs are supposed to be used in the energy level insert. I’ve only ever seen regular bulbs. Anyone put blinkers in there? How’s the effect?

6AE13AD8-42F8-4703-AB9E-1F20F0DDB810.jpeg6AE13AD8-42F8-4703-AB9E-1F20F0DDB810.jpeg
8 months later
#456 7 months ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Its not happening all the time so what activates the change to the inlane dropping the targe?

When that left ramp is qualified for a teleport, the right inlane will drop the target.

It’s a great setup for cashing in on a 9x teleport multiplier bonus.

1 month later
#458 5 months ago
Quoted from MajesticPinball:

Dug my TX-Sector out of the vault and managed to film a tutorial & gameplay video on it before sending it off to a good friend to borrow. I always forget how much I love this game until I have it setup and the music blasting out!

Love all your tutorials! I’ve been subbed for a while now, and your videos are always such good quality. Thanks for your hard work!

#461 5 months ago
Quoted from MajesticPinball:

always a bit conscious that I may be talking too much haha

The commentary is what makes it good! There's a million gameplay videos of games, but very few that take the trouble to discuss and go into detail of the game. I always appreciate videos like that.

1 week later
#475 5 months ago

I imagine that very few vitrigraph playfields exist. My first instinct would've been that the early production models would've been produced with a vitrigraph playfield, since the two earlier games, Diamond Lady and Victory, were both nearly produced exclusively with vitrigraph playfields, and the vitrigraph playfield is shown on the flyer. However, a look on the IPSND shows a later production game with it.

I've heard, and this is complete speculation, that on games like Diamond Lady and Victory, a screened playfield was provided to the operator/distributor because the vitrigraph playfields had adhesion problems. I'm not sure how TX-Sector would fit into this, since it seems like the opposite is true: More screened playfields were made.

#488 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Is this play field post under the apron something Gottlieb used on its pinball machines?

Yup. It’s in their system 3 games too. They’re known for lots of Lazarus balls. I have rubber rings in some of my troughs, and not in others. I really don’t notice much of a difference.

#497 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Would these 3 be shop prototypes and the decision was made to not take these play fields into production? It is a question with the answer, " Who knows?".

Part of me thinks the vitrigraph would be early production games. You should add your serial number to the serial number database.

#500 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I'll have to look around and find where the S/N is located.

It'll be stamped in the bottom of the cabinet just above the cashbox, or on the inside face of the ball apron. It would also be on the printed circuit boards, assuming they all match/haven't been replaced.

#512 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What are these two pieces of clear plastic doing over the outlanes?

I've always wondered the same thing. I assumed they were decorative.

Quoted from cottonm4:

if you know why this happens with a transport hole and can lead me to the place to look, I will appreciate it.

I’ve been dealing with switch issues on my game as well. Gottlieb games do a really terrible job at switch compensation (read: it doesn’t do any at all). If the games critical switches aren’t operating perfectly, the game simply won’t function perfectly.

Sounds like your transport kickout saucer holes aren’t detecting the ball properly. I was going through a similar issue with my drop target switches. Even slightly dirty, the MPU couldn’t sense them. Even cleaning yielded no improvements… I drilled out the old contacts from the leafs, and soldered in new gold flashed contacts from PBR. Alls working now.

#519 5 months ago

I’m still amazed that Gottlieb let those vitrigraph playfields out of the factory so poorly cut like that. They look rushed. There’s gotta be a story behind the reasoning why.

#523 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If more serial numbers pop up on the back end of the list, then I will assume the Vitrigraphs were the tail end of the run.

Given the current evidence, the vitrigraph playfields are definitely later run games. Surprising, considering the flyer shows a vitrigraph playfield, and the flyer is obviously photographed and made pre-production.

Clearly, the vitrigraph playfieds are much less common, so even though they’re poorly cut and don’t look as nice, they’re a really cool collectors piece to have.

#525 5 months ago
Quoted from ParkRangerPinball:

is drilling out and replacing the contacts easier than just replacing the switch? Does someone not make switches with the gold contacts already in?

I literally just drilled out the switches and soldered in new ones on the drop targets in my game. Used the ones from PBR, and it Took me 20 minutes. Easy. It’s also significantly less expensive to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tx-sector-fan-and-owners-club-all-are-welcome?tu=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.