IMG_4627 (resized).jpg
IMG_4626 (resized).jpg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpg
IMG_4622 (resized).jpg
IMG_4619 (resized).jpg
IMG_4617 (resized).jpg
IMG_4616 (resized).jpg
IMG_4615 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koen12344.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#334 3 years ago

I have a few issues with my TX, mainly the flippers feeling sluggish & weak. I have no other Gottlieb games so I have no frame of reference what they should be like. But I can not make the left ramp shot with the right flipper, and barely make the right ramp shot with the upper left flipper.

This game got very little play and mechanically everything is in pristine condition. Voltage is only slightly below 25V.

Also the slingshots are weak when the ball hits them lightly, are there supposed to be capacitors on the slingshot switches?

#336 3 years ago

Thanks for the photos of the underside of the playfield @duffysarcade, I couldn't find any high-res pics of it.

I got the game in non-working condition, the MPU had a lot of corrosion which I cleaned up, and I repinned some damaged connectors. But otherwise the game is like new, works great, no hacks, flipper mechs are like new as well.

The slingshots and kicker targets seem to have good power when they get a solid hit (and the pop bumpers are insane!). The flippers seem especially weak when you trap the ball. I've already cleaned and adjusted the EOS and cabinet switches and checked other basic things like voltages. Not sure if there's anything down the line that's a common point of failure?

#338 3 years ago

I love the game, I think I had seen it on a video by Classic Game Room, when I got the opportunity to buy one I couldn't pass it up!

I have yet to do the ground mods but put it on the back burner because it was rock solid electronically. But I'll do them and see if it makes a difference.

Other problems are more of a physical nature, like the ball often getting stuck behind the drop target in front of the ramp, stuck behind the right ramp flap and stuck to the left of the lower pop bumper. I feel like the game is a bit sluggish in general, as if the playfield pitch is incorrect, but it is set to 6" with the rear levelers as far as they will go (legs are stock, even the spacers are still on there). Again, I don't know what it should play like

#344 3 years ago

DuffysArcade Its getting stuck behind the entry flap on the ramp itself.. With the crooked shots I make because of the weak flippers, it enters the ramp too slowly and gets stuck there sometimes.

On mine all legs are 69cm, maybe I have the wrong legs on the rear of the machine? And its indeed sitting higher than the WMS/Bally machines on the front. I'll double check the playfield pitch and maybe try some larger legs in the rear.

DSC_0946 (resized).JPGDSC_0946 (resized).JPGDSC_0948 (resized).JPGDSC_0948 (resized).JPGDSC_0950 (resized).JPGDSC_0950 (resized).JPGDSC_0951 (resized).JPGDSC_0951 (resized).JPG
9 months later
#376 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Can someone explain with a graphic on how the "transporting" of the ball is accomplished.
What tricks did Trudeau pull off to get that to work.

There is always a ball captured in one of the "teleports", hidden from view. Depending on where the the ball is captured, the opposite teleport will be lit. When you shoot the lit teleport, it will release the ball from the other teleport to achieve the desired teleporting effect. Now things are switched around and the other teleport will be lit.

Each teleport has two ball capture holes with a switch and release mechanism in it. One to "detect" a ball being shot into the teleport, and another one to capture the ball. When you shoot a ball into the unlit teleport (the one that is currently holding the ball), it will simply release the locked ball and re-lock the ball that you just shot in there.

#377 2 years ago

To illustrate

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koen12344.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tx-sector-fan-and-owners-club-all-are-welcome?tu=koen12344 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.