IMG_4627 (resized).jpg
IMG_4626 (resized).jpg
IMG_4624 (resized).jpg
IMG_4622 (resized).jpg
IMG_4619 (resized).jpg
IMG_4617 (resized).jpg
IMG_4616 (resized).jpg
IMG_4615 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 7 years ago

Looking for a Tx sector, please let me know if one pops up, I'd love to join this club, I see the one in RI, not so sure by the description or price, maybe you guys could point me in the right direction

Thanks guys!

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

That one is sold. Still kicking myself for not reacting faster when I had the chance on it.
I bought a Robo-War and a TX translite almost 2 years ago in anticipation of buying both someday, found the Robo-war (which I thought would be the hard one), still looking for a TX.
Good luck!

Hehe, RI is a long way from Texas
I need one to pop up in Houston, dallas, Austin or San Antonio or at least not 30 states away

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

LOL I guess I assumed you were considering shipping. That would be one heck of a drive!

No, I'd still ship, just really prefer to be able to use a connection to get it close enough to drive

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

the one in ri has been sold - I tried to be as honest as can be on the description so nobody would be disappointed when it arrived when it was shipped. I had a few people see the game in my basement while I was waiting for the 1st buyer to pick it up (he was local)- and they all thought it would be one mint game when cleaned up - huo was the question mark - I sold it as non huo - I knew the whole story of the game and tried to explain it - but it became a battle of whether or not it was a huo. people in ri knew what a beach house was and could understand what I was saying.
anyway first buyer had to back out as his house got robbed while he was on vacation - so I went one by one of all the 25 to 30 people who said they wanted it - I finally gave up and reposted it after the first 5 or so ( a few didn't even get back to me after I reached out to them) so I reposted again and sold it as non huo - and I just got this from the buyer which made me feel good that he took the time to write the email.
Ed, got the game and am cleaning it up now. Nice looking game, and possibly
HUO. Not clean by any means, but doesn't have the typical wear a routed
game does on the cab and pf. Anyways, thanks for being cool and taking care
of a brother. I'll post pics once she's totally done
I am getting one more of these shortly and will post it once I have it - this one will be 100% routed. I will either post it or give it to a veterans organization that I want to give a family pinball theme too.
thanks ed

Pm sent, thank you for the story, I'm glad everything turned out well

1 month later
#136 6 years ago

I want to join this club, if anyone knows of an opportunity, please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it!

Ben

1 week later
#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Started creating my own and improved translite:

I see great things happening here!

#145 6 years ago

If I had a TX, I'd be all over helping this move forward, hehe

I'll buy an alt one to support the cause for sure

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

I'd love to get involve somehow, I have hundreds of hours in photoshop for various projects, if you will share some of your resources I can jump in.... actually, I can start trying to vector the logo soon, I'm sure that will cut some time off

#155 6 years ago

does anyone know what the font is for the TX-Sector Logo, Im trying to re-created the logo to manipulate,

I traced and cut out the original, but I need a higher scan, and it would fare better for us all to just know what the font actually is

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Have you tried "What The Font?" Sometimes that brings up close results

Yup tried that, didn't work with the cut out logo, I will strip it down and try again

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

If you can wait for a week i can give you the file, just started working on it, it's a custom made font anyway.

Sounds great! I'll hold out for yours

#162 6 years ago

Fun with outlines

IMG_4807 (resized).JPGIMG_4807 (resized).JPG

IMG_4808 (resized).JPGIMG_4808 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#171 6 years ago

Joining the club! En route from the Netherlands, can't wait!!!

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

awesome and congrats!!!!

Thank you good sir.

Quoted from Jappie:

Congrats on your new machine! One less TX in the Netherlands though. As if we had that many...
Did you buy Star_Gazer 's?

Nope, another gentleman that will remain part of this club, as he had 2 of them!

1 week later
#179 6 years ago

Got the bad boy imported! My buddy has it at the moment, I'll be picking it up in the next few weeks!

IMG_5027 (resized).JPGIMG_5027 (resized).JPG

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Thanks but I just haven't mentioned all the stuff I messed up so far...
The blown PF fuse was because of a closed switch for the kicking target I am still missing but still installed the switch for it anyway.
I only had GI when I tested my relay board initially because I forgot to connect the backbox grounds to the transformer DOH...
I figured out why my flippers and outhole coils were not working. Some dummy wired the coils wrong. Now to test the coils and re connect the wires properly and figure out what problems I have up stream.
I mounted the pop bumpers and wired up the lamps and then later realised that I forgot the rod and rings on all 3 pops so now I have to take out the ramp and take apart all 3 again to install them.

I am curious to find that out also lol. I have a few ideas. I know of another fellow looking for one so if I can make one for me I should be able to help him out in some degree.
Step one was make a template to make sure I have a good pattern to follow. And I got the idea for that from the picture on IPDB of John Trudeau's whitewood and since I run a plasma and laser table every day at work that was kind of a no brainer.
Next step is to replicate in some form John's whitewood ramp to make sure it actually works.
3/16" SS rod is cheap so I can have that ordered at work along with another steel order then call in some favors and roll it to match the template.
My hand made relay board made out of Raven, Gold Wings, and Mars GOW PF parts. Not pretty but it seems to work so far. Relay A is actually relay "S" so I have to label it properly yet.

I'm trying not to hog this club thread with my project so I will only post about this every so often. That is of course if people have any actual interest in my PF swap project.

Post away bro!!! What the heck are we here for if not to root you on!

What if you made a clear tube instead of wire form?

1 week later
#189 6 years ago

Wow! Nice... I hope you find the plexi!

3 weeks later
#198 6 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Any news, or progress !?

3 weeks later
#211 6 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

The curved wireform ramp is done and installed. Works great and I can plunge the ball with the playfield glass on now! Now to start working on the 2nd curved ramp...

Looks amazing, great job!!

2 months later
#212 6 years ago

Gentlemen, I just missed out on a nos plastic set on eBay... it also contained a “deflector mod” anyone know what this is?

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

they are metal pieces that PBR sold. It's from a gottlieb amendment document.
They a placed in areas where the ball tends to stick.

I see
Is it worth looking into?

2 weeks later
#217 6 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

I just received my NOS TX-Sector translite from Marco's. My original one was pretty badly faded from the fluorescent tube, especially the reds. There's a led-tube behind it now, so fading should be a thing of the past.
I know there's after market translites available, but I kind of dig the 80's look of the original. The cheese factor is high. But on TX-Sector, it feels just right to me.

I agree, that translite looks awesome

6 months later
#223 5 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Is it possible to get some kind person on here to trace the side of the TX head cabinet for me. I can compensate monetarily.
Here is the the situation lol, I picked up a Rock with everything except the head itself and if I'm going to make a head cab it makes more sense to make the TX head.

I can possibly trace it this week

What all do you need traced? Just the sides ? Rear dimensions?

I know I can do those, but probably not the interior build dimensions at this time, not for a few months, until I start working on mine a bit

1 week later
#226 5 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Thanks! Just trace the outside on paper or something and ill pay you to mail it to me.

I have the trace done!

I’m trying to scan it so everyone here can have it and I’ll send it to you

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I prefer this one

Show off! Lol

1 month later
#240 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I love playing this game on Pinball Arcade. Can someone explain to me how they did the ball "transports" without a subway system?

Magic, blows my mind every time

1 year later
#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Anybody know the story on the TX Sector at Cactus Jack’s in OKC? Dayum!! That thing is beautiful!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I tried to buy it a while back, To my knowledge, the owner of the game agrees to have it at cactus jacks for certain times and tournaments.

1 month later
#283 4 years ago

Is your game tilted too much?

#285 4 years ago

I can’t measure mine at the moment, but could you take a slow mo video of the action to help determine what’s happening?

1 month later
#287 4 years ago

To what degree should I set the game at? I think she’s needing some adjustment

5 months later
#290 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

For the fans of this game, I am making a cabinet decals restore documentation here. If you are interested in following the steps:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tx-sector-cabinet-decals-remake

That’s awesome! Watching for sure

#291 4 years ago

I’m having an issue I need some help with please

I keep walking over to my TX during parties and it will be locked up, no game started, just locked up in attract mode.

Where do I start to look to troubleshoot, is this a relay in the cabinet possibly?

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Jr99svt:

power supply voltage might be a little low

Thank you, I’ll check this

Quoted from Whysnow:

ground mods done?

Yes, thank you

Quoted from zacaj:

MPU bulletproofed?

Thank you... Hmmm, I’ll check on this... while I search into it, is there a link to a good set of instructions?

Edit: I found this... it’s been a while since I Bulletproofed my robowar... tx has never given me an issue until a month ago
https://www.flippers.com/gott-system80.html

Is there another good set of instructions to bulletproof the mpu?

1 year later
#364 2 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Inserts
[quoted image]

Best font in pinball

2 months later
#373 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Does anyone know who the composer(s) was/were for the amazing music and sfx on this pin ?
Would have been fun to be able to check out other pins from the same person.

I’d like to know as well

(Try robowar also, many pinheads pair them, it has the most awesome music and sound effects)

8 months later
#389 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Can someone explain with a graphic on how the "transporting" of the ball is accomplished.
What tricks did Trudeau pull off to get that to work.

With a graphic??

There’s a Star Trek style transporter that uses quantum physics to break the ball down and reconstructs it in a new location

Quoted from RGarriott:

Im looking for a wiring harness for the display and speakers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang , good luck! Those are usually the hardest things to locate

2 weeks later
#392 1 year ago

Does anyone have a guide to turn off the lamp in the backbox when the game is being played?

My tx sector has the original lamp
My robowar has a custom led panel

The Playfields can’t be seen well in a dark room with the backbox glaring on to the playfield glass

#401 1 year ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

I believe it's hard-wired through the transformer block up to the starter and bulb. You'd have to install a relay or mosfet which takes input from somewhere when the game starts and interrupt the power to the lamp. Some digging in the wiring diagram and you could maybe find a point on the sound board that goes "high" during a game and use that.

Thank you , that’s a good idea, I’ll start looking in that direction

9 months later
#443 10 months ago

Looking good!

4 months later
#476 5 months ago

Do we know if the hardtop guys are making a hardtop (I kind of doubt it) but if they did…. It would be considered similar to vitrigraph right?

How cool would it be if they did, and an original blown out playfield could be routed to make the trans warp characters basically inserts that could have flashers and lights from behind them?

#483 5 months ago

I’m curious is flame polishing could be one on a vitrograph, it would clear up those hazy ball trails quick

If a hardtop were made, it would probably be the only hardtop I would even consider whatsoever. I’m not a big fan of polycarbonate surfaces. But…. If I could create a new insert for the transporters, that would be awesome!

#485 5 months ago

I inspected my playfield and my insert idea would not work, the sling shot coil bracket mounts right below the transporters graphics. Well, it was a nice idea anyway

2 weeks later
#533 5 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

When I raise the slope of my play field I started having problems with the ball getting stuck behind the single drop target. Most of the time I would tilt the pin while trying to dislodge the ball.
[quoted image]
Here is the fix. I glued a dam on the back side of the target so the ball now has no place to get locked to.
The plastic you see on the bottom was not profiled correctly and is was set too low when compared to the radius of the ball. My 2nd dam sits on top of a plastic boss molded into the target.
[quoted image]
The top piece is the one you want to duplicate if you do this job. The plastic cannot extend beyond the back of the target so the target can still fall into the hole.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I had to remove the drop target assembly from the play field to to do this. If you decide to make this mod to yours here are a couple of gotchas to watch out for.
1) When you remove the drop assembly, take pictures and take more pictures. Each time you remove a screw, take a pic. It is a nice solid drop target assembly; Gottlieb. really built it, so you must pay attention to exactly how you disassembled it.
2) You don't have to cut the coil wires as the coil is attached with 2 screws. Remove the coil and lay it aside: Caution, When you remove the two coil bracket screws, the coil plunger, plunger spring and brass spring landing washer will fall out. Don't lose your parts.
3) The coil has crossbar to allow for adjustment to play field height. Pay attention to how this piece is adjusted.
My pin plays a little bit better with the problem solved. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

what a pain for something that should have been fixed at the factory

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chosen_s.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tx-sector-fan-and-owners-club-all-are-welcome?tu=chosen_s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.