Topic Stats

• 275 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by Blitzburgh99
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 83 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B8A18D02-1AE4-41FA-848C-B528FD70ECA0 (resized).jpeg
3A53ECB7-6A59-442C-A50E-A58CECD66DD1 (resized).jpeg
F37C27AA-6E9A-44F1-8486-D40D74C7DD9F (resized).jpeg
IMG_0613 (resized).JPG
53B98E35-03F0-4EF5-9450-295CB5CBF976 (resized).jpeg
B8D90C47-5E58-4AB3-90B5-E69689BA276A (resized).jpeg
F5C39A5E-8306-46CC-B16B-391454DA7E4C (resized).jpeg
3EA75241-C7AF-4CEB-B180-AED260E71FE1 (resized).jpeg
20190222_124941 (resized).jpg
617A2803-C2C9-4991-B32A-3E262462B53C (resized).jpeg
tx (resized).jpg
19359870-5B2B-402C-BDC8-A7B14FE0012C (resized).jpeg
600AA0C5-0417-4000-BA6D-3DDF402C13FF (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8289 (resized).JPG
IMG_8293 (resized).JPG

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Hmm, I was under the impression that it is only suppose to drop when it's hit , not from an inlane.

should be a setting. I prefer no drop on inlane, you have to earn it.

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

should be a setting. I prefer no drop on inlane, you have to earn it.

Okay, yeah that's how mine is set up and that's how it was at pinburgh

#203 1 year ago

I'm mostly trying to make sure switches do what they are supposed to do since the wiring harness that came with my playfield had an amazing number of wires cut in unnecessary places or entire lengths of wire missing in the middle of nowhere.

#204 1 year ago

Hey guys,

I just noticed mine has a german rom (tests are in German, and the "enter initials" message too). Do you know if I need to flash both roms with an english set or just one of them would be enough to convert it to English?

Thanks!

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from capsule:

Hey guys,
I just noticed mine has a german rom (tests are in German, and the "enter initials" message too). Do you know if I need to flash both roms with an english set or just one of them would be enough to convert it to English?
Thanks!

You need to re-program them both. You can use the freeplayversion from the Davroux brothers:

https://www.flipprojets.fr/Proms80B_EN.php

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

You need to re-program them both. You can use the freeplayversion from the Davroux brothers:
https://www.flipprojets.fr/Proms80B_EN.php

Cheers for that!

#207 1 year ago

If anyone needs an plastics, I have a used set I am selling. Would part out if need be too. PM me

#208 1 year ago

What is the correct color of the legs? The manual says black or gold (???) but the only promo picture I could find shows chrome legs:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2699&picno=10192

I'd go chrome but just wondering what color you guys have on yours.
(mine came with Williams chromed legs, painted black.....)

1 week later
#209 1 year ago

I've been working on my homemade wire ramps lately and thought I would take some pictures. I remade the small straight one and it turned out decent although I need to practice my tig welding some more. The curved one took me a while to figure out how to make. I ended up laser cutting a flat profile of the curve and hand bending all 4 of the rods to match the profile. To hold it all in place while welding I laser cut some "L" brackets that you can see in the pictures and clamped them all down to a flat plate that has the curve etched on it in order to align them. Its not done yet but it held the shape when I cut off all of the L brackets.
IMG_7119 (resized).JPG
IMG_7121 (resized).JPG
IMG_7120 (resized).JPG

#210 1 year ago

The curved wireform ramp is done and installed. Works great and I can plunge the ball with the playfield glass on now! Now to start working on the 2nd curved ramp...

IMG_7153 (resized).JPG
IMG_7154 (resized).JPG
IMG_7155 (resized).JPG

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

The curved wireform ramp is done and installed. Works great and I can plunge the ball with the playfield glass on now! Now to start working on the 2nd curved ramp...

Looks amazing, great job!!

2 months later
#212 1 year ago

Gentlemen, I just missed out on a nos plastic set on eBay... it also contained a “deflector mod” anyone know what this is?

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

“deflector mod”

they are metal pieces that PBR sold. It's from a gottlieb amendment document.
They a placed in areas where the ball tends to stick.

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

they are metal pieces that PBR sold. It's from a gottlieb amendment document.
They a placed in areas where the ball tends to stick.

I see
Is it worth looking into?

#215 1 year ago

TX brethren, my right ramp is REALLY difficult to hit. I don't think it's the coil power either because when it makes it, it's quite strong; if it doesn't, it's usually because it bounces too hard into the side of the ramp and comes tumbling back down. Any ideas on how to make this shot a little easier for my non-pinhead friends to make it? Thought about decreasing the incline, but I like how it plays as it sits at about 6 degrees.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is it worth looking into?

I have them, and yes IMO. This game tends to produce quite a few airballs (esp at the right ramp!)

2 weeks later
#216 1 year ago

I just received my NOS TX-Sector translite from Marco's. My original one was pretty badly faded from the fluorescent tube, especially the reds. There's a led-tube behind it now, so fading should be a thing of the past.

I know there's after market translites available, but I kind of dig the 80's look of the original. The cheese factor is high. But on TX-Sector, it feels just right to me.

used and NOS

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from Jappie:

I just received my NOS TX-Sector translite from Marco's. My original one was pretty badly faded from the fluorescent tube, especially the reds. There's a led-tube behind it now, so fading should be a thing of the past.
I know there's after market translites available, but I kind of dig the 80's look of the original. The cheese factor is high. But on TX-Sector, it feels just right to me.

I agree, that translite looks awesome

#218 1 year ago

Here's one for all you DIY'ers out there whose drop targets could look better. I used this image to make my own drop target decals for my TX-Sector. First, I printed them on sticker paper and put some thin mylar over them. Finally, I cut them to size and placed them on the drop targets. Looks great!

Why 10 decals while the machine only needs 8, you ask? Well, every DIY'er knows that spares are always a good thing. Just in case you fuck one or two up.

10 drop targets.jpg

5 months later
#219 1 year ago

I started working on my TX project again finally... I couldn't find a TX display panel plexi but PBR had Robo War panels in stock which are the same except the lettering is yellow not red so its going to have to work. I also got my cnc router project functional so I cut a test peice for the new display mount.
Has anyone ever made cabinet art or done any sort of alternate art?

IMG_8233 (resized).JPG
IMG_8234 (resized).JPG
IMG_8236 (resized).JPG

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

alternate art?

Looking good! I think you could come up with something pretty easily that's better than the original art from Constantino.

1 week later
#221 1 year ago

Been working on TX again lately. I made a new PCB mounting board since the old one was sorta looking like swiss cheese looks much cleaner now. I also got my display mount setup figured out and got the display mounted low enough for the plexi. I reused what I could from the original Gold Wings assembly rather than redesign everything. It bothers me that the lettering is yellow on the plexi but I don't think it looks bad I just know its wrong.
If anyone want the cad file for the display mount board I can send it out.

Does anyone know of A source for the blue translucent film for the display plexi?

IMG_8285 (resized).JPG
IMG_8288 (resized).JPG
IMG_8292 (resized).JPG
IMG_8293 (resized).JPG
IMG_8289 (resized).JPG

#222 1 year ago

Is it possible to get some kind person on here to trace the side of the TX head cabinet for me. I can compensate monetarily.
Here is the the situation lol, I picked up a Rock with everything except the head itself and if I'm going to make a head cab it makes more sense to make the TX head.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Is it possible to get some kind person on here to trace the side of the TX head cabinet for me. I can compensate monetarily.
Here is the the situation lol, I picked up a Rock with everything except the head itself and if I'm going to make a head cab it makes more sense to make the TX head.

I can possibly trace it this week

What all do you need traced? Just the sides ? Rear dimensions?

I know I can do those, but probably not the interior build dimensions at this time, not for a few months, until I start working on mine a bit

#224 1 year ago

Thanks! Just trace the outside on paper or something and ill pay you to mail it to me.

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

GREAT JOB!!!!

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Thanks! Just trace the outside on paper or something and ill pay you to mail it to me.

I have the trace done!

I’m trying to scan it so everyone here can have it and I’ll send it to you

#227 1 year ago

Does anyone own the Vitrigraph laminated playfield? It looks so cool on IPDB!

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have the trace done!
I’m trying to scan it so everyone here can have it and I’ll send it to you

You are awesome! That means I have more work to do now...

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I prefer this one

image (resized).jpg
#230 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I prefer this one

Show off! Lol

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Yes would be nice to have a scan too.

1 week later
#232 1 year ago

Jumping out of the club. TX Sector for sale in Indy: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65407

Added 12 months ago:

SOLD

#233 1 year ago

Man would love to be in this club....

#234 1 year ago

And then there were two....

600AA0C5-0417-4000-BA6D-3DDF402C13FF (resized).jpeg
#235 1 year ago
Quoted from eraserhead:

And then there were two....

Nice! Where'd you get the 2nd one from?

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Nice! Where'd you get the 2nd one from?

Got it from this awesome cat that lives in a town with FAR too many roundabouts....

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Man would love to be in this club....

Just track down a TX playfield and a donor game and spend a million hours building one out of parts like I did. Or just take the easy way and buy one.

2 weeks later
#238 11 months ago

I love playing this game on Pinball Arcade. Can someone explain to me how they did the ball "transports" without a subway system?

#239 11 months ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

I love playing this game on Pinball Arcade. Can someone explain to me how they did the ball "transports" without a subway system?

staged ball

#240 11 months ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Magic, blows my mind every time

3 months later
#241 8 months ago

Got mine about a month ago I love it! Fits in just fine

19359870-5B2B-402C-BDC8-A7B14FE0012C (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#242 6 months ago

Hi, anyone encountered a problem with their Tx where the music plays but there is no speech?
All the connectors are new and the board was worked on by the Coin Op Caldron.
Any help appreciated.

#243 6 months ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

Hi, anyone encountered a problem with their Tx where the music plays but there is no speech?
All the connectors are new and the board was worked on by the Coin Op Caldron.
Any help appreciated.

I've not had that before. Normally its sounds and music missing and bad op amps that I have see. I see you have Robo War the sound boards are identical have you tried swapping them to isolate the problem? Also fyi you can still buy this sound board NOS from pbresource so watch how much you are spending to repair it.

#244 6 months ago

#245 6 months ago

Thanks 20eyes. I’ll swap out the sound board from Robo War when I get some time this weekend to see if I can isolate the problem.

3 weeks later
#246 5 months ago

laseriffic has agreed to repro these... if you need em, they should be in the online store soon. i'm shipping this out for them to template. tired of mine being all jacked up....

tx (resized).jpg
#247 5 months ago
Quoted from eraserhead:

laseriffic has agreed to repro these... if you need em, they should be in the online store soon. i'm shipping this out for them to template. tired of mine being all jacked up....
[quoted image]

Cool!

Is it blasphemous to say that I wouldn't mind if these plastics had some artwork? I'm thinking something in the style of the slingshot plastics.

4 weeks later
#248 4 months ago

Plastics arrived.... fittment is solid.

617A2803-C2C9-4991-B32A-3E262462B53C (resized).jpeg
#249 4 months ago

Are they to prevent the balls from bouncing over the ball guides?
-mof

#250 3 months ago

Hey TX'ers!
I joined the club over a year ago but only just set up my TX a couple weeks ago. Just completed the Playfield tear down and Shop job. Some work to do still but game is playing and working well overall. I have a couple questions. Does anyone make the ramp drop Target decal? Or maybe have a scan that I could take to my printer? My other question is for the ramp lighting. The number 86 bulbs. I see Comet sells them in LED. Has anyone changed out the incandescent bulbs on the ramp for LEDs? I was thinking of maybe alternating red-and-white? Any thoughts?

20190222_124941 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside