(Topic ID: 189514)

TX Sector Ball Locating Trouble

By seshpilot

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

<entering transphaser> So when the ball "transphases" over the top left, the game doesn't usually want to spit out the ball. Now, there was some battery acid damage to the board. I thought I fixed it all up and everything else works great on the game, but this is frustrating. I've checked the switches in test mode and they work just fine so the ball is being "seen" by the game. Additionally, the solenoids work just fine and it will actually kick the ball out sometimes, just not all the time. Any advice? </end transmission>

TX Tx tx tx...

#2 6 years ago

ray worked on that and thought he fixed it by taking the rt outlane switch and switching it with the switch you are having a problem with - he thought the switch was flakely - once he made the swap the problem never came up again - he worked on that for a long long time and was very frustrated - but after making the swap everything was fine.

I will try to talk to ray tomorrow and see what he says - thanks ed

#4 6 years ago

have you done all the reccomended ground mods?

battery damage combined with 80B can mean oddball switch matrix stuff and general game confusion. Same things if you have not done all the ground mods.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

have you done all the reccomended ground mods?

Working on it. Slowly adding more mods each day.

Quoted from edcianci:

he thought the switch was flakely

I don't think that's the issue but I could be wrong. Seems like a switch matrix issue as Hilton suggested. The switch registers every single time in Test Mode, just not in the game. Argh.

1 week later
#6 6 years ago

Switch issue

1 year later
#7 5 years ago

i'm gonna necro this thread...... i now own this exact game, and am seeing the same things (not all the time, but occasionally)... as soon as the game loses track of the ball(s) all hell breaks loose. i've rechecked all the ground mods, and have spent a considerable amount of time goofing around with the switches in both transphaser holes (they seem highly unreliable to me - as sesh indicated)....

any other suggestions would be rad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tx-sector-ball-locating-trouble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.