• Latest reply 5 years ago by jdapolito
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

I've been trying to get this jukebox pinball going off and on for awhile and I'm almost there ,two more problems ,first the machine never scores 10points ,it used to when I first got it but then it stopped the upper contacts on either side of the playfield should score 10 points with each hit but they seem dead ,the 10 point relay in the head works if I fire it manually but not thru the playfield
Any ideas
And the hundreds reel on any player does nd fire the 1000s reel once it goes from 9 to zero ,in other words when another 100 points is added to the 900 you already have it doesn't fire the 1000 point reel as it should
The 1000 point reel works fine when adding bonus points
Thanks for your help in advance
Also what is the photocell s function on this game

#2 5 years ago

May want to clean your jones plugs for starters

#3 5 years ago

This machine doesn't have Jones plugs ,but I did clean the more modern nylon plugs that lock together

#4 5 years ago

For the 10 point switches on the playfield that don't work, there must be a break in the circuit, because there are no other switches between the 10 point playfield switches and the 10 point relay coil. To confirm the problem, you can use a jumper wire between the playfield switch and the relay coil. Connect the jumper wire to the white/black wire on the playfield switch and connect the other end to the white/black wire of the relay coil. Then close the switch to see if it energizes the relay coil. Also, check the fuse for the 10 point relay coil - 7 amp SB fuse with the grey/black wire and white/black wire.

For the 1000s reels not working when the 100s reel turns from 9 to 0 - troubleshoot the problem as a one player game. So, why doesn't the 1000s reel turn on the first player? Check the 100s score reel and operate it manually. Look at all the switches to see how they open and close when reel rotates from 8 to 0. Make sure the switches are clean and adjusted properly. Also, the problem might be related to a circuit that includes the 100-900 point relay. Make sure all the switches on the 100-900 point relay are clean and adjusted properly...

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from jdapolito:

the hundreds reel on any player does nd fire the 1000s reel once it goes from 9 to zero ,in other words when another 100 points is added to the 900 you already have it doesn't fire the 1000 point reel as it should

Check the 0.7 amp fuse, then inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires, especially the Player Control unit and this switch on the 100-900 relay.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#6 5 years ago

ok started looking at it last
nite
started checking the fuses,one was bad
replaced it
and now the 10 point relays work
will looks at that circuit tonite to figure out why the 100's relay doesnt trigger the 1000s relay when it should thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/two-problems-with-chicago-coin-jukebox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.