Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by BRW84
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

Here's an extremely specific question: I'm picking up two pins on Sunday, a Flash Gordon and a Sorcerer. The Flash is in working order, but the Sorcerer is a restoration project. It's pretty rough. I drive a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser, and I went ahead and reserved a U-Haul 5x8 trailer to move the two pins. The thing is, I haven't hauled a trailer in years, and I'm not thrilled at the prospect of hauling one up the interstate for three hours. It occurred to me today that it might be possible to put the Flash Gordon in the back laying on its base and wedge the Sorcerer in on its side next to it (the back boxes will obviously be removed on both). Has anyone ever tried this with an FJ? Is it possible? Or should i bite the bullet and go with the U-Haul?

#2 4 months ago

I have an FJ as well, I doubt it will fit that way, but can't say for sure.
I would consider putting the body of one pin on the roof rack. Then both heads and one body will fit inside.

#3 4 months ago

iv done it in a 4 runner. a few years ago i hauled a Evel Knievel and a solar ride to showdown. i had to completely remove the heads. and the bodies i had to lay on there sides, with the neck of one facing the lock down bar of the other, using the angle of the playfield to help take up as little space as possible. use lots of blankets and padding to help protect the sides of the cabinets. i think i wrapped up the heads and slid them on top of the the 2 cabinets.

#4 4 months ago

If you've got a uhaul close by why don't you just rent a cargo van or similar smaller vehicle from them and play it safe?

#5 4 months ago

I’ve pulled a U-haul with my 2010 FJ with no issues. Just take it out of overdrive.

#6 4 months ago

Thanks for the wisdom, gang. Per grantopia's suggestion, I bit the bullet and swapped the trailer for a cargo van. Not looking forward to .79 per mile, but I prefer the peace of mind.

#7 4 months ago

Another thing to note is that unlike Bally and Sterns, Williams used the same configuration on some of their connectors. If you remove the head and then reconnect the boards incorrectly you could ruin one of your circuit boards. When I moved a Firepower I unbolted the head, lay the head on top of the playfield glass with cardboard in between and shrink wrapped the game. I didn’t unplug the connectors from the board.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Another thing to note is that unlike Bally and Sterns, Williams used the same configuration on some of their connectors. If you remove the head and then reconnect the boards incorrectly you could ruin one of your circuit boards. When I moved a Firepower I unbolted the head, lay the head on top of the playfield glass with cardboard in between and shrink wrapped the game. I didn’t unplug the connectors from the board.

Definatly good to look out for this! If you absolutely need to disconnect everything bring a sharpie and label the connectors.

#9 4 months ago

Screw U-Haul, rent a mini van. Done it several times. Great gas mileage too.

#10 4 months ago

I have an ‘07 FJ and have towed trailers, boats...you name it. Amazing vehicle to tow with.
And I put pins in the back all the time. Only 1 at a time. Not enough space for two even if you break them down.

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I have an ‘07 FJ and have towed trailers, boats...you name it. Amazing vehicle to tow with.
And I put pins in the back all the time. Only 1 at a time. Not enough space for two even if you break them down.

Have you put any newer Stern pins in there or 90s Bally/Williams titles?
I diddent think one would fit. I own a 2007 FJ TRD I bought new, just about to crack 100k miles.

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from RVH:

Have you put any newer Stern pins in there or 90s Bally/Williams titles?
I diddent think one would fit. I own a 2007 FJ TRD I bought new, just about to crack 100k miles.

I’ve done them all.
ToM
GoT LE
Spiderman
Gottlieb widebody Counterforce (had to remove head and let it sit shotgun)
Stand up Capcom 1943 Battle of Midway arcade
Defender cocktail arcade

If you unscrew/remove the back seats instead of flipping them up it will add about 8-10 more inches of space.

FJ is a great Pinhauler!

#13 4 months ago

Also bought mine new off the lot. Just turned 160,000 miles.
Still going strong!

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

If you unscrew/remove the back seats instead of flipping them up it will add about 8-10 more inches of space.

Ahh. Never thought of removing the flip up seats. Good to know, Thanks.

#15 4 months ago

No way you can fit 2 pins inside that. I have a ‘16 suburban and I can barely fit two in there. Fully intact of course no removal of heads or shooters etc.

#16 4 months ago

Fortunately, that isn't an issue! Unfortunately, it's because the Sorcerer needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. It doesn't have an MPU or score reels and needs a new playfield. I have a... learning process ahead of me.

Quoted from bluespin:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
1,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Howell, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside