(Topic ID: 80250)

two pinball machines Rock and Heavy Metal Madness $995 each... nuts?

By seatownpinhead

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

184423_334615306645544_1018076202_n.jpg
1467423_501955646578175_1015284533_n.jpg
fingers to fat.jpg
Screen shot 2014-02-11 at 5.38.43 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-02-11 at 3.27.44 PM.png
image-7[1].jpg

#1 10 years ago

I am newer to pinball collecting. I have only owned a few system 11 machines. This guy has been spamming the Seattle CL with these two machines.
seattle.craigslist.org link
Rock and Heavy Metal Madness.
I am not really into this style of machines. Are they really worth $995 each? I thought they would be good candidates for getting the sander and re themed.
In short are there collectors who want these, and would I be evil for finally making the Slayer pin I have always wanted out of one? Also the price seems really high...

#2 10 years ago

Heavy metal meltdown is cool.
(Looks like it's missing a topper)
Price is a little high IMO.

Never played rock

#3 10 years ago

from those shit pictures he took with the glass on and blurry, it's hard to tell the condition of the playfields. how much wear they have. $1300 for the pair would be fair and a reasonably good deal.

#4 10 years ago

Where is the side art on both machines? Looks like someone painted over the cab and back box with black paint. I would love to have a Rock, but I don't know if I could get past the black paint.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

Where is the side art on both machines? Looks like someone painted over the cab and back box with black paint

No, just ROCK has a completely black cabinet, HMM has art on both sides.
Here is what rock cabinet is supposed to look like:
image-7[1].jpgimage-7[1].jpg

I hate most of the premier machines, that tiny cash register display that used for so many years annoys me, and most of the layouts aren't that great.

Heavy metal meltdown is reasonably fun and has great cheesy 80's rock music. It IS missing the topper, but most of them didn't survive. I'd negotiate down to maybe $800 on HMM.

#6 10 years ago

One of the pictures of the playfield is HardBody. 3rd pic in, i know because i used to own one. Kind of weird that he would put that one in there.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, just ROCK has a completely black cabinet, HMM has art on both sides.
Here is what rock cabinet is supposed to look like:

I hate most of the premier machines, that tiny cash register display that used for so many years annoys me, and most of the layouts aren't that great.
Heavy Metal Meltdown is reasonably fun and has great cheesy 80's rock music. It IS missing the topper, but most of them didn't survive. I'd negotiate down to maybe $800 on HMM.

image-7[1].jpg 86 KB

TB: You need to play a TX-Sector and/or Genesis, and I "think" you would change your outlook on Premier pins...

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

You need to play a TX-Sector and/or Genesis

Never played either, but Genesis looks like it could be fun. Class of 1812 played well on visual pinball. Hollywood heat looks like it has some decent ramps too. I just never understood why gottlieb went from really nice big displays (bigger than williams), then went backwards by making them tiny. Perhaps those big displays were just too unreliable, not to mention costly?

#9 10 years ago

Stay away. That rock with a painted cab, $300 maybe? Heavy Metal Meltdown's appeal is the art etc, but without a topper I don't think it's worth more than $400.

These are not good games, people like each for various reasons, but as a new pinball person, go find something fun.

Quoted from seatownpinhead:

I am newer to pinball collecting. I have only owned a few system 11 machines. This guy has been spamming the Seattle CL with these two machines.
seattle.craigslist.org link Rock and Heavy Metal Madness.
I am not really into this style of machines. Are they really worth $995 each? I thought they would be good candidates for getting the sander and re themed.
In short are there collectors who want these, and would I be evil for finally making the Slayer pin I have always wanted out of one? Also the price seems really high...

#10 10 years ago

That's funny I saw that this morning.However he was being spammed by someone else listing both machines for 35,000.00

#11 10 years ago

They were being claimed to be 1970's machines in the craigslist ads.

#12 10 years ago

I don't know about that. I enjoy chris's heavy metal meltdown everytime i'm over at his parties.

#13 10 years ago

NSFW

So the guy is a huge prick. I offered him what I thought was a generous offer for the pair. He cussed me out, went on and on about how $995 each was basically giving them away.... Not a nice person. "All you pinball faggots don't know dcik about siht. Fkucing pricks trying to rob me. I know what I have, go fcuk yourself!" From the horses mouth.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

That's funny I saw that this morning.However he was being spammed by someone else listing both machines for 35,000.00

That may have been a pinsider who did that... Some one who then decided to double check on the value and post about it. But since the guy listing the machines is a jerk and the price is too high, that unnamed pinsider is going to leave that ad up..

#15 10 years ago

Hahaha! Guy sounds like a real charmer.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from seatownpinhead:

"All you pinball faggots don't know dcik about siht. Fkucing pricks trying to rob me. I know what I have, go fcuk yourself!"

wow, it's like an episode of pawn stars
"I aint leaving this store until you give me $1,000 for this pinball! bunch of thieves offering me nothing for my stuff!"

Here's my top offer, if you don't agree, then we don't have a deal

#17 10 years ago

Why they are being listed in the sporting goods category is what perplexes me. Or can I finally tell my wife that pinball is a sport and I am in training?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

link?

#19 10 years ago

It's still there on Seattles Craiglist(Pinball) I am not savvy enough to link.Maybe someone can?

#20 10 years ago

This one? hahaha!

Screen shot 2014-02-11 at 3.27.44 PM.pngScreen shot 2014-02-11 at 3.27.44 PM.png

#21 10 years ago

Looks like the seller has a response to the flags and warning listings...

Funny.

#22 10 years ago

hes got two hard body pics in his cl post too.

#23 10 years ago

Sounds like a classy guy. Craigslist war, heh

Screen shot 2014-02-11 at 5.38.43 PM.pngScreen shot 2014-02-11 at 5.38.43 PM.png

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

This one? hahaha!

Screen shot 2014-02-11 at 3.27.4... 476 KB

Comedy gold.Whoever you are keep it up.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from thadawkins:

One of the pictures of the playfield is Hardbody. 3rd pic in, i know because i used to own one. Kind of weird that he would put that one in there.

5th one in is Hardbody too!

#26 10 years ago

I am going to email him again. Using the CL secure server of course. And ask him about the pics for the game Hardbody and the missing artwork on ROCK. I will post the emails when I am done with him. I offered cash, that should help get a response.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Comedy gold.Whoever you are keep it up.

At this point there seems to be a few people trolling the guy. Glad to see others joining in. My posts got flagged already.

#28 10 years ago

Classic northwest craigslist pinball wars

#29 10 years ago

Wow! what an ad (and response). All caps, cursing in the sales ad (what if you're a person who has no idea why this person is upset), and misspelling words (highly deitreable??). That's corn-cob sales pitch at it's finest. Reminds me of the jerky boys (You buy this friggen car or I'll break your friggen head!)

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

highly deitreable

What is "deitreable"? Is it some sort of hipster Pacific Northwest slang?

#31 10 years ago

it was probably something like this.

fingers to fat.jpgfingers to fat.jpg
#32 10 years ago

I actually sent a message about 2 months ago to the guy who posted the pins. They have been on there since nov. He said that he didn't know much about them. So I thought I was being nice and provided him with the ipdb links to the two machines, saying that they are not 70s pins. He wrote back thanking me and asking me what I thought they were worth. I said they are not too common, but at the same time B titles. So I told him maybe 5-600 each max, and I thought maybe that was generous. It seems he chose not to use my info. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but maybe backed into a corner by extreme 'tire kickers' he might change a little. Even if we don't agree with the price, it is up to him, if he wants to hold out.

#33 10 years ago

More like C-/D+ games as apprised to B aren't they?

#34 10 years ago

I was not really referring to a grade. But rather like movies, where you have an A movie, or B movie. Like Transformers vs. any recent National Lampoon movie.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from fawdown:

I actually sent a message about 2 months ago to the guy who posted the pins. They have been on there since nov. He said that he didn't know much about them. So I thought I was being nice and provided him with the ipdb links to the two machines, saying that they are not 70s pins............ It seems he chose not to use my info. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but maybe backed into a corner by extreme 'tire kickers' he might change a little. Even if we don't agree with the price, it is up to him, if he wants to hold out.

More than any thing else with this guy, is the fact he was threatening and hostile right off the bat. And that he is knowingly trying to rip people off. He knows his machines are not rare, and that they are not as old as he claims. He is trying to trick a new collector into thinking they are buying some thing they are not. That is bad for the "hobby". I have no problem with people trying to get above top dollar for their machines. I have probably over paid for at least two of mine. But I liked the person I was buying from, and what they do for the hobby. They were also not trying to trick me into thinking I was getting older rarer machines.
I have no problem with market capitalism, and I don't expect everyone to sell for collectors prices. But if you can't sell two widgets in the hottest widget market out there. Then the market has spoken and your doing capitalism wrong. I have no qualms with trolling a swindler.

#36 10 years ago

I've only got two pictures that show my Rock (which has the Rock Encore translite) and, yes, it does look like the cabinet is painted over in black. And, yes, it does look like the playfield and machine itself are in a rougher state of condition. Mine was perfect when purchased and was around the asking price in the Craigslist post, but this one looks very inferior to mine, so I would say $500 at most would be as far I would be willing to go on it.

Also let me say, of my three games (Cybernaut, Laser Cue and Rock) Rock is the LAST one I would get rid of. It is the most fun of the three and the one that I would probably hang on to the longest...

1467423_501955646578175_1015284533_n.jpg1467423_501955646578175_1015284533_n.jpg184423_334615306645544_1018076202_n.jpg184423_334615306645544_1018076202_n.jpg

#37 10 years ago

We got punked! HA! This person is either a troll who got me. Or.... they are a crazy person. But wow, long running prank. That's commitment. The last email I sent them a few days ago was a link to the ipdb for the tables. Today I got an email back about the FBI and stalking. So, either they are trying to string me along, or crazy person. For the sake of comedy I hope it was a prank. Hats off to you sir.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/two-pinball-machines-rock-and-heavy-metal-madness-995-each-nuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.