• Latest reply 9 years ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1936.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g-p-e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

The IRFZ34 is a N-channel and the IRF9Z34 is an P-channel -- quite different little creatures.

Yeah, the "anonymous source" knows that a tube of IRFZ34's somehow ended up in the IRF9Z34 bin...
"He" thought he had accounted for all of them but was apparently wrong.

Shoot that "anonymous" source an email.. I... um... I mean 'they' will take care of this.

#11 9 years ago

Plain 7400 series parts are getting harder and harder to stock and cost has gone wayyy up.

74F or 74S for high current loads.
74S has been phased out and replaced by 74F.... but are both identical (as far as we're concerned).

74LS or 74HCT for low current loads.
74LS is slowly being phased out in favor of 74HCT. Seems each week I get another DMSMS report listing more ICs hitting the obsolete status.

Solenoid drivers have a 560 ohm pullups on outputs. That amounts to about an 8mA load which maxes out the 74LS parts and exceeds the limits of 74HCT parts. Need to use high current 74F or 74S here.

Switch drivers have 4.7K ohm pullups on outputs. That amounts to about a 1mA load -- any of the above parts would work. I would advise the 74LS08 as he has a little bit more 'umph' than the 74HCT08.

#14 9 years ago

"I thought I could put the system in lamp test mode, put my logic probe against the different outputs of the 7408's and see the steady on/off of the lamp test, but no dice. I see a steady high on the pin that takes in the blanking signal, a pulse on the pin that goes to the PIA, and a low on the output."

You're testing it correctly.
The high from the blanking (normal) anded with a pulse from the PIA (normal) and the 7408 having a steady state -- not normal. I'd replace the 7408.
The good thing is that you have pulsing from the PIA - he's not dead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 22.50
$ 109.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g-p-e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/two-opposite-mosfets?tu=g-p-e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.