Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gamera9
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZMeny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

Cool machines and likely good earners on location. We even have a Classic version in stock ready to ship! The Zombie Version has Zombie Yeti artwork that is stellar. Call us with any questions you have. We are happy to help.

Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball
    [email protected]

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Whenever I see statements like, "likely good earner, would do well on location", or words to that effect, I have to ask how do you really know? Have you run the game for a couple of years? Have experience running pitch and bat games? Undoubtedly the game would be fun to play and it would get some coin drop, but enough to justify the initial price point?
    I thought long and hard about buying one of these Gizmo/Valley dynamo pitch and bat games for location use, and then decided against it. I did run a pitch and bat for a few years and it was unexceptional with regard to earnings. Fun game to play, but at a quarter a throw it could barely justify itself to stay on location. Thankfully, I bought the game cheap so I didn't lose anything on it. Even with all the new bells and whistles I couldn't see this Gizmo game pulling in enough new money to make up the cost.
    Looking at $5295, this pitch and bat game would have to earn as well as a new pin, and keep doing it for a long time. Not saying the game won't earn, just that it has to have long "earning legs" at this price point. It has unknown resale value. Odds are it won't hold value as well as a pin so if it doesn't earn well you could easily take a bath on it.
    Also, it occurred to me that if a new pitch and bat game had done real well on location, why didn't Williams make another pitch and bat game after Slugfest? Previously to Slugfest, Williams produced Pennant Fever in 1984. So this tells me that demand for new pitch and bat games is relatively weak as compared to other coin op devices. My advice would be to run a used pitch and bat to see how your location takes to the game.
    Anyone wanting to buy this new game for location use needs to have the right customer base and be willing to place a sizable bet on it.

Good take. I wish more were out there so people can admire the art, running players, and the knuckleball. Maybe I need to bring one to Expo for people to check out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZMeny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/two-new-pitch-n-bats-from-gizmo-games-valley-dynamo-games?tu=ZMeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.