Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gamera9
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I think it would be cool if these had pinside pages. Source to prove they exist:
    https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/valley-dynamo-games
    https://www.valley-dynamo.com/all-star-baseball/
    https://www.valley-dynamo.com/zombie-league-all-stars/

They're reskins of each other. Not sure what the relationship is between Gizmo and Valley-Dynamo, I would look it up but it's late and I'm too sleepy. Thank you for your consideration.

Edit: Gizmo designed, VD manufactured. I think. And I guess they're not really new, but they are the newest pitch n' bats. Except maybe the multimorphic one.

#2 4 years ago

Never was much into the pitch and bat pins but they do look pretty nice, gonna have to track one down and try it out.

#3 4 years ago

These have been around for some time. There is one on location in Paramus NJ.

#4 4 years ago

Flip N Out Pinball sells them

#5 4 years ago

I was seriously considering one of these games several months back.....until i learned the pricing ($5K +)....u can get a great SlugFest for less than half the price, and its arguably a better game....

#6 4 years ago

I played it at Chicago expo last year and found that it was just basically a newer version of Slugfest with a few minor upgrades.

While I did like it, I agree with what PtownPin said above- it’s pretty hard to justify the price they sell for.

#7 4 years ago

Big difference is they have men running units versus the light animation of Slugfest

#8 4 years ago

Cool machines and likely good earners on location. We even have a Classic version in stock ready to ship! The Zombie Version has Zombie Yeti artwork that is stellar. Call us with any questions you have. We are happy to help.

Zach Meny
    Flip N Out Pinball
    [email protected]

#9 4 years ago

Pitch’n’Bats are great in a larger collection... lousy single player games awesome two player games. The card dispenser in the Slugfest is cool but the running man unit is cooler my kids rarely touch my pins but really like the Slugfest when I had one.

#10 4 years ago

Love these. But I went with Slugfest because of value. I however have not seen one of these for sale used. Can’t justify the NIB price but would love the zombie version.

#11 4 years ago

We have a restored slugfest and its a great two player game with the kids (they love the card dispenser)....game sucks to play as one player. The only real difference between this and slugfest is that its new and has moving men (which is very cool)....although the call outs in Slug Fest are much better, and I like the home run ramp a lot more....I can see this game doing well on location although I have yet to see one in the wild.

#12 4 years ago

Whenever I see statements like, "likely good earner, would do well on location", or words to that effect, I have to ask how do you really know? Have you run the game for a couple of years? Have experience running pitch and bat games? Undoubtedly the game would be fun to play and it would get some coin drop, but enough to justify the initial price point?

I thought long and hard about buying one of these Gizmo/Valley dynamo pitch and bat games for location use, and then decided against it. I did run a pitch and bat for a few years and it was unexceptional with regard to earnings. Fun game to play, but at a quarter a throw it could barely justify itself to stay on location. Thankfully, I bought the game cheap so I didn't lose anything on it. Even with all the new bells and whistles I couldn't see this Gizmo game pulling in enough new money to make up the cost.

Looking at $5295, this pitch and bat game would have to earn as well as a new pin, and keep doing it for a long time. Not saying the game won't earn, just that it has to have long "earning legs" at this price point. It has unknown resale value. Odds are it won't hold value as well as a pin so if it doesn't earn well you could easily take a bath on it.

Also, it occurred to me that if a new pitch and bat game had done real well on location, why didn't Williams make another pitch and bat game after Slugfest? Previously to Slugfest, Williams produced Pennant Fever in 1984. So this tells me that demand for new pitch and bat games is relatively weak as compared to other coin op devices. My advice would be to run a used pitch and bat to see how your location takes to the game.

Anyone wanting to buy this new game for location use needs to have the right customer base and be willing to place a sizable bet on it.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Whenever I see statements like, "likely good earner, would do well on location", or words to that effect, I have to ask how do you really know? Have you run the game for a couple of years? Have experience running pitch and bat games? Undoubtedly the game would be fun to play and it would get some coin drop, but enough to justify the initial price point?
    I thought long and hard about buying one of these Gizmo/Valley dynamo pitch and bat games for location use, and then decided against it. I did run a pitch and bat for a few years and it was unexceptional with regard to earnings. Fun game to play, but at a quarter a throw it could barely justify itself to stay on location. Thankfully, I bought the game cheap so I didn't lose anything on it. Even with all the new bells and whistles I couldn't see this Gizmo game pulling in enough new money to make up the cost.
    Looking at $5295, this pitch and bat game would have to earn as well as a new pin, and keep doing it for a long time. Not saying the game won't earn, just that it has to have long "earning legs" at this price point. It has unknown resale value. Odds are it won't hold value as well as a pin so if it doesn't earn well you could easily take a bath on it.
    Also, it occurred to me that if a new pitch and bat game had done real well on location, why didn't Williams make another pitch and bat game after Slugfest? Previously to Slugfest, Williams produced Pennant Fever in 1984. So this tells me that demand for new pitch and bat games is relatively weak as compared to other coin op devices. My advice would be to run a used pitch and bat to see how your location takes to the game.
    Anyone wanting to buy this new game for location use needs to have the right customer base and be willing to place a sizable bet on it.

Good take. I wish more were out there so people can admire the art, running players, and the knuckleball. Maybe I need to bring one to Expo for people to check out.

#14 4 years ago

Casuals love Pitch N’ Bat, it’s just a fact. Everyone I talk to wants to buy the new one but just can’t reconcile the price.

Is Ice Cold Beer worth $4k? Non pinheads just love these mechanical games and they do seem busy at locations that have them. That said I would probably just buy a Golden Tee or Buck Hunter at $5k.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from oldbaby:

And I guess they're not really new, but they are the newest pitch n' bats.

To learn more about these games, you could have used the Search function to find these topics:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flip-n-out-pinball-now-has-the-gizmo-baseball-game
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gizmo-games-is-doing-pitch-and-bat
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-baseball-game-from-valleydynamo
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-from-gizmo-game-design
    Plenty has been written about them.
    .................David Marston

#16 4 years ago

I did use the search function, and I do know a lot about them. I'm not trying to unravel a mystery, I'm suggesting that these games receive pinside pages. I think a lot of people are seeing this thread and not realizing it's in the feature request sub-forum.

2 years later
    #17 2 years ago

At $6500 each these are looking pretty sweet nowadays. Would love to play one! Beautiful looking games.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Would love to play one!

You can stop by here if you are ever in the area.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Used one for sale:

I have the other one, purple Zombie theme.

I would like to play the regular one someday (like in this link you posted), to be able to hear the different callouts.

This Zombie one has funny callouts, I wonder if the other one is funny or serious?

(and if you liked pitch and bat games when you were young, this is a very good game).

I do not play it often, but I love it and play it for a while just for something fun and different.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I was seriously considering one of these games several months back.....until i learned the pricing ($5K +)....u can get a great SlugFest for less than half the price, and its arguably a better game....

No argument Slugfest is better.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/two-new-pitch-n-bats-from-gizmo-games-valley-dynamo-games?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.