12.JPG
11.JPG
10.JPG
9.JPG
8.JPG
7.JPG
6.JPG
5.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snowman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I just joined Pinside yesterday, but have been following it for awhile now. A lot of great information and users here and thought I would share a quick story of my personal project. As the title of my post indicates, yes, I did build (2) new Medieval Madness games by using an original as a pattern to copy from. I know this has been done before by two great fellow pinsiders "Wally" and most recently by "Ed" from Texas, (Probably others out there as well). My hats off to you both because I can now personally attest to the dedication that it takes to accomplish this task. My approach was not to convert an NBA, but instead start from the ground up and to build (2) games as quickly as possible instead of converting only one. My start date for this project was 9-5-2013, exactly 2-1/2 Months (or 75 days) ago. While a lot of the parts are still attainable thru various vendors, there are many that are not and a person needs to be creative to overcome the challenges, however that is part of the fun of doing this kind of project. I must acknowledge the help I received from some wonderful people out there that helped me along the way and I would like to mention their names and express my gratitude to them: Paul at "VirtuaPin" who made the cabinets, Matthew at "Rollingballscultures" who made the wire rails, Robert at "ZPlating" for brass plating the wire rails, Wayne at "Mr Pinball" and Mark at "Spare Parts Australia" for both providing numerous hard to find parts, the folks at Marco Specialties, Bay Area Amusements, Pinball Life, and K's Arcade. The photos share some stages of the project and I hope you enjoy viewing them.MM (5).JPGMM (5).JPGMM (14).JPGMM (14).JPGMM (24).JPGMM (24).JPGMM (35).JPGMM (35).JPGMM (41).JPGMM (41).JPGMM (51).JPGMM (51).JPGMM (63).JPGMM (63).JPGMM (92).JPGMM (92).JPGMM (97)-807.JPGMM (97)-807.JPGMM (103).JPGMM (103).JPGMM (109).JPGMM (109).JPGMM (110).JPGMM (110).JPG

#95 10 years ago

Hello again, and Thanks for the great feedback comments too. The people at Williams did a fantastic job designing this game and it has been a lot of fun to recreate two completely new games in their honor as a tribute to this particular fun title. My only intention of posting this topic was to share with everyone a recent project of mine and to let people decide for themselves if it was interesting or not. I do not want to suggest or imply anything, just simply share a few photos as a new pinside member of this terrific website and the great people on it who all enjoy the pinball hobby. I would like answer the main questions that some have asked about how I did this project, the cost, why, and within the questionable short time frame of only (75) days. My approach was to think of the game in terms of many "sub-assemblies" all being assembled simultaneously, and then simply duplicate everything for the second game at the same time. Once you are finished with a "pair" of a specific sub-assembly and have it installed, you go onto the next one. As to the short time frame, well, it is simply just dedicating yourself to a project thru to completion. Trust me, there were a lot of late nights on this project. Also, please remember that I did not do everything all by myself. The cabinets were made for me, also the wire rails, and at least half of the wire harnesses. Even so, it was still up to me to assemble both games (electrically and mechanically) and still make all of the metal ball guides that are nowhere to be found from any vendor, along with the second half of the wire harnesses that no one has. Without having an actual game to copy from I doubt it would have been possible, at least for me, to have built these two games. As to the "why", well, it seemed like a good idea at the time, and why not build (2)? I am glad it was not more than just the (2) because the cost to buy the available parts alone became more than anticipated in the beginning. The actual feel of the game play is identical between the original and the new ones, exactly the same. So, in the end I will place one of the new games in my parents home for all of the grandkids to play, and the second new game in my home. The 3rd & original game I am seriously thinking of donating to a local charity to use in a raffle and raise funds for a good cause. I am excited for everyone who is ordering a new PPS MM game and I hope it is successful and works well. Thanks again for the great feedback on this posting, I really enjoy being a new member and corresponding with fellow members. Hope you enjoy some additional photos, and have a great evening everyone!

1.JPG1.JPG 2.JPG2.JPG 3.JPG3.JPG 4.JPG4.JPG 5.JPG5.JPG 6.JPG6.JPG 7.JPG7.JPG 8.JPG8.JPG 9.JPG9.JPG 10.JPG10.JPG 11.JPG11.JPG 12.JPG12.JPG 13.JPG13.JPG 14.JPG14.JPG 15.JPG15.JPG 16.JPG16.JPG 17.JPG17.JPG 18.JPG18.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snowman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/two-new-medieval-madness-games-hand-built-in-minnesota?tu=Snowman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.