Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Two Many Balls

Letter received on Saturday May 11th 2013.

Saturday May 11th 2013

Lloyd, I have a Whitewater that now delivers two balls to the shooting lane instead of one, there are 3 microswitches in the trough, plus the one in the shooing lane and I tested all 4 and they test fine, there is no opto in the trough. The diodes seem to test fine also, any suggestion what to test next? My schematics don’t seem to show the 4 switches so I don’t know what they are controlling, thanks, T T

Dear TT

Two things come to mind. Most likely is the metal arm that kicks the ball to the shooter lane has enough play that when engaged trips the last switch in your ball trough when it is activated.

You can look at it and pull the plunger with your fingers and see if it's close or hits it. You can gently bend it away from the switch.

Long shot is the shooter lane switch. Go into switch edge test and roll a ball to the plunger, see if the switch closes and stays closed.

This should be an easy tweak and you'll have the right number of balls in no time.

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/two-many-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.