(Topic ID: 249327)

Two machine league formats?

By chdwbr

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

The cafe I manage is getting a second machine soon and I would love to run a small league. I know most leagues have at least four machines, but this is a small town and I don't expect a gigantic turnout so I think we may be able to get by with two machines. Any suggestions on what formats would be a good fit?

#2 4 years ago

I know you'll have some good suggestions AlbanyTim !

#3 4 years ago

group knockout. Bottom 2 gets strikes.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

group knockout. Bottom 2 gets strikes.

I could see this working for a tournament at the end of the season, but how would scoring/standings work with this on a week-to-week basis? (I'm new to the competitive side of pinball.)

#5 4 years ago

With 2 machines you could have everyone play them both twice each “meet”. Then take your high score on both games and award points accordingly.
    For example if 10 people are in the league, the top score gets 10pts, then 9,8,7, etc. for a maximum of 20pts a week.
    At the end of the season you could award 2 prizes, one for the highest score on each game during the season, and highest total points prize (maybe even top 3 if you have enough players).
    Then have a tournament at the end of the season where everyone is seeded based on their total point rank.

If you have a very small amount of players, I would hold a strikes tournament like Deez suggested every week/month and skip the league season idea.

#6 4 years ago

How many people do you know would be interested in playing at this point? If you're not sure, you might want to do a tournament first to gauge and generate interest.

I use this site for tournaments at my house with a free account https://matchplay.events/. My favorite format is to play at least 7 rounds of qualifying and then a finals for x amount of people, usually best-of-3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/two-machine-league-formats and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.