Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Paladin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I've been spending some time today working on the Police Force I just picked up. I've got nearly everything electronic working, although I'm saving the diverter and playfield teardown for last.

One thing I noticed is that of all the bulbs in the game, there are only two I can't get working right. The two extra ball inserts in the left outlanes look to be about half brightness. I swapped the 555 holders around with no change. No more time to work on it today, was looking for suggestions on where to start looking tomorrow.

Does this sound like an IDC/header issue for just two bulbs? The connectors all look fine, although I know that doesn't mean anything. The bulbs are in one lamp PCB, could it be bad? Any ideas would be appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

When you took the lamp holders out, were there two divots in the solder? They create resistance and will dim the bulbs. Reflow the solder and they should be good as new. Also reflow the header pins while you have the soldering iron out, they are likely cracked

#3 10 years ago

LOL! I assumed that two dim bulbs on one lamp board indicated a larger problem. Turns out someone put two of the wrong type bulbs in! Made me feel stupid for not checking that right away but at least I found it before wasting time trying to track down a non existent problem!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/two-dim-bulbs-on-police-force and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.