Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by galore2112
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sure.gif
    coke (resized).png
    musk-lawsuit3 (resized).jpg
    musk-lawsuit2 (resized).jpg
    musk-lawsuit1 (resized).jpg
    musk lawsuit-3 (resized).png
    A4786721-3BA4-492B-A259-CBE73B046120 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221118-122816 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221118-122834 (resized).png
    1224578858_YOUTWITFACEPIC.jpg.5ffaa021a97fe98785bed5cf6f819743 (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    twitter-outages (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#34 1 year ago

I wish he would have bought FB instead of Twitter. I wouldn't have minded seeing FB, TikTok/, or IG implode, but I will miss Twitter.

Twitter is awesome for sports fans. You can talk-discuss-debate with other fans. Often times the team's beat reporters will post unfiltered views through their feed. They answer questions and really help to give you a better picture.

Even with the news - you can actually understand different journalists intent - without having their editor's headlines and agendas coming into play.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, he bought it to lose $44 billion cause he’s such a genius. He’s showing the business acumen and corporate leadership skills of our own Deep Root Mueller, except exponentially smarter because he’s so much richer.
    Lead us, oh brilliant Bilionaire! We are lost without you!

I don't get what Musk is doing. Everyone, and I mean ***EVERYONE*** who used Twitter knew his blue checkmark idea was a disaster. It honestly seems like he is trying to run it into the ground.

It sucks, because I really enjoy using Twitter. One example, on Sunday, while watching the NFL, you can get live commentary from the beat writers. They usually have 10x the info of the guys in the broadcast. The same is true for baseball, basketball, and etc. Also, the comments on Twitter range from insightful to super funny. I'll really miss it if it blows up (and for the record... I hate FB and TikTok... IG is ok-ish). For me, Twitter and YT are far and away the best two platforms.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s almost as if you have an army of brain-dead morons who worship you because you are rich, you start to believe that you are actually a genius and can’t do anything wrong.
    Hes showing the world he’s lucky rather than smart with one disastrous decision after another.

I mean... it certainly seems that way.

If I was an investor in Tesla or Space X... I'd be very worried.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Change is hard. It is harder than creating something new and Elon is figuring that out right now.
    I have no doubt that Twitter would be successful with Elon's vision in place, but the journey to get there may kill it.

I don't know, that blue checkmark idea was such a bad idea. It's known, across all platforms, that verification marks are way more useful to the users and platform than the actual person.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Isn't everyone using the Tik Tok now anyway?

The two platforms are pretty mutually exclusive.

#99 1 year ago

IG is probably the mid-point between TikTok and Twitter

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

He also knows that he bought a company where a lot of employees hate him and will work against him. He has to weed those people out.
    I won't be surprised if Twitter is worth $100 billion in 5 years and everyone looks back on this as brilliant execution. Could go either way.

Well, he traded a $8 blue checkmark for a multimillion dollar ad campaign from Eli Lilly.

#101 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

he's only done 2 things so far... cut payroll expenses by about 85%, and got everybody talking about it. I don't know a business in the world that doesn't dream of both of those. he's 2 for 2, best I can tell.

People talked about Enron

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Social media is only training people to be less empathetic and dumber with the attention span of a goldfish. Twitter/Facebook/TicTok are the cesspool of humanity.

Twitter is not in the same realm as FB and (especially) TikTok. A large number of Twitter users (myself included) use the platform to find out *more* information on a certain topic. If you see an article on MSM you can use Twitter to get a deeper understanding of the strengths/flaws. Often times the reporter will directly answer your question. It really is not for people with short-attention spans. When used correctly, Twitter is literally the opposite of TikTok.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twitter-s-imploding?tu=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.