Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by galore2112
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sure.gif
    coke (resized).png
    musk-lawsuit3 (resized).jpg
    musk-lawsuit2 (resized).jpg
    musk-lawsuit1 (resized).jpg
    musk lawsuit-3 (resized).png
    A4786721-3BA4-492B-A259-CBE73B046120 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221118-122816 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221118-122834 (resized).png
    1224578858_YOUTWITFACEPIC.jpg.5ffaa021a97fe98785bed5cf6f819743 (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    twitter-outages (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 1 year ago
    Quoted from isJ:

It's almost like representing yourself honestly isn't important anymore, as long as the ends justify the means. It's a lot easier to fudge the numbers when you grow with a silver spoon in your mouth. When you don't have to play by the rules, it's a lot easier to win the game.

If that were true and so easy then why hasn’t so many others accomplished that type of success?

Fudging the numbers and lying. Sam Bankman Fraud. Case in point. $30 billion poof

The next “JP Morgan”, “Carnegie”. They only have themselves to blame for feeding at the trough of corruption, greed and FOMO

That’s the difference

#152 1 year ago

IMHO, Elon has done two things of significance in his career; proven that electric cars can outperform comparable ICE cars and realized that the killer app for a rocket company is low orbit internet. Those are two meaningful and profitable accomplishments. He has also made plenty of mistakes, gotten lucky, and lied along the way. I hate his politics, but he is an fascinating figure. Sometimes his behavior makes me think he might have a coke habit.

coke (resized).pngcoke (resized).png
    #153 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

IMHO, Elon has done two things of significance in his career; proven that electric cars can outperform comparable ICE cars and realized that the killer app for a rocket company is low orbit internet. Those are two meaningful and profitable accomplishments. He has also made plenty of mistakes, gotten lucky, and lied along the way. I hate his politics, but he is an fascinating figure. Sometimes his behavior makes me think he might have a coke habit.[quoted image]

What exactly are his politics because I don’t know?

He marches to his own beat, the common sense one mostly. And that might be after doing a bunch of drugs.

The federal Govt has license his low orbit satellite cubes and technology. Brilliant

#154 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

The truth is in the headlines; Elon doesn't have a plan, never had a plan

The 193 billionaire doesn't have a plan,

sure.gifsure.gif
    #155 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

What exactly are his politics because I don’t know?

He's good friends with Peter Theil, his old paypal partner. Basically libertarian but drifting further and further right. Pro-capitalist but also pro-green.

#156 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Pro-capitalist but also pro-green.

Yes he has learned to game the system because people think his cars are green and the government pays him to make them.

#157 1 year ago

Silicon Valley fraud Theranos CEO going to jail for 11 yrs

Just came down. Liz Holmes

#158 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

IMHO, Elon has done two things of significance in his career; proven that electric cars can outperform comparable ICE cars and realized that the killer app for a rocket company is low orbit internet. Those are two meaningful and profitable accomplishments. He has also made plenty of mistakes, gotten lucky, and lied along the way. I hate his politics, but he is an fascinating figure. Sometimes his behavior makes me think he might have a coke habit.[quoted image]

Never trust a screenshot on social media. They can be made up too easily. Links are reliable.

#159 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

He's good friends with Peter Theil, his old paypal partner. Basically libertarian but drifting further and further right. Pro-capitalist but also pro-green.

He’s good friends with Jack Dorsey too.

Like his libertarian approach. Common sense.

He’s only “drifting right” because the crybaby wokeys just had their eliteist blue check program dismantled. Lol

#160 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Yes he has learned to game the system because people think his cars are green and the government pays him to make them.

Do you mean our government pays billions to subsidize such con men like Elon in the name of “green energy”

Nah, who supports that?

#161 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, there's a LOT of detail in that thread about pretty much Elon's entire lying history.

What you see is a lot of interpretation put on top of cites... interpretation that isn't necessarily correct. You have some internet sleuths who actual claims haven't been cross-examined or challenged. Citing the allegations of a lawsuit is just that.. claims - not findings. The cited documents include interpretation of what the docs say, not Black & White conclusions. You find people after the fact drawing conclusions (on their own) of what the diploma language means or should be, etc. Remember when people did the same thing about birth certificates?

This is classic internet conspiracy tactics... cite sources to present an image of authenticity but then misapply them or make other leaps not supported by the cites. Puts up a good front for circling in alt-media stuff but doesn't pass muster for vetted publishing.

Did he overstate stuff? Probably.. Was he a drop out? Not from Penn.

Do I care either way? Nah.

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Never trust a screenshot on social media. They can be made up too easily. Links are reliable.

The stuff I posted screenshots of are all available at a massive document repository for pdfs from the 2009 lawsuit when Musk was sued by one of the co-founders from Tesla. It's here:

https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/3cberzj42/superior-court-of-california-county-of-san-mateo/martin-eberhard-v-elon-musk-et-al/

#163 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I hate his politics, but he is an fascinating figure.

What does his politics have anything to do with it? What if I hate Bankman-Fried's politics?

#164 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Silicon Valley fraud Theranos CEO going to jail for 11 yrs
    Just came down. Liz Holmes

Not enough.

#165 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

This is classic internet conspiracy tactics... cite sources to present an image of authenticity but then misapply them or make other leaps not supported by the cites. Puts up a good front for circling in alt-media stuff but doesn't pass muster for vetted publishing.

Well, the fact that he was unable to produce a degree of any kind in Physics (even in two lawsuits that challenged him on it) despite claiming he had one is pretty damning.

#166 1 year ago

Twitter is not a thing in central/eastern europe but i hope for west guys to have it as much free speech as it can be.

#167 1 year ago

Whales ? I was always interested in the slender ( can we still say that word) pronoun miss/ms/f

Quoted from PinMonk:

The stuff I posted screenshots of are all available at a massive document repository for pdfs from the 2009 lawsuit when Musk was sued by one of the co-founders from Tesla. It's here:
    https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/3cberzj42/superior-court-of-california-county-of-san-mateo/martin-eberhard-v-elon-musk-et-al/

All those 2009 documents really damaged him on accelerating in life after that . I Hope he can gather some money now to survive. Sorry kids … i got the 4 hour ban hammer on this train wreck of a thread. A bunch of pinball guys arguing about the richest guy in the world being dumb and a high school dropout. Wowza

#168 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

The 193 billionaire doesn't have a plan, [quoted image]

Exactly!

Rich people are scientifically incapable of making mistakes or doing stupid, impulsive things.

That’s probably why in the end he was trying to welch on the deal, and only honored it because he knew he would lose in court. He obviously wasnt trying to welch because he realized he had made a huge mistake that was gonna cost him a lot of money.

Rich people, they are better than you and I. They are smarter. This is a scientific fact; money makes you a better person. Billionaires always “have a plan” by virtue of being rich.

Just like so many of you said about Deep Root Mueller; guy is rich, therefore he knows what he’s doing. And his success in pinball is proof of this!

Glad so many people here understand this so they’ll finally respect my opinions once my stock market gambles take off!

#169 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Sometimes his behavior makes me think he might have a coke habit.

I wonder if he's started saving his piss in Mason jars? It's coming...

#170 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, the fact that he was unable to produce a degree of any kind in Physics (even in two lawsuits that challenged him on it) despite claiming he had one is pretty damning.

But that wasn't the assertion made here initially either

Like I said... 'Did he overstate stuff? Probably..'

Notice the guy's archive doesn't include a finding saying he couldn't produce a degree of any kind in Physics - it included assertions and depositions only. Not the judgements or interpretations under cross.

I'm sure it's something like he studied physics there but maybe didn't major. But the internet sleuths make the conclusion on their own about what his BA diploma was for, and can't actually prove what it IS for.. they just have cites that generate uncertainty.. for which they insert their own answers for. That's why I'm saying it's not some slam dunk. And I'm not going to invest to close it... but I can spot the difference between claims and vetted conclusions. The fact this hasn't gone further should also be a hint... Pretty sure Elon doesn't have immunity from everyone else and plenty of people would happily crucify him.

#171 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Exactly!
    Rich people are scientifically incapable of making mistakes or doing stupid, impulsive things.
    That’s probably why in the end he was trying to welch on the deal, and only honored it because he knew he would lose in court. He obviously wasnt trying to welch because he realized he had made a huge mistake that was gonna cost him a lot of money.
    Rich people, they are better than you and I. They are smarter. This is a scientific fact; money makes you a better person. Billionaires always “have a plan” by virtue of being rich.
    Just like Deep Root Mueller; guy is rich, therefore he knows what he’s doing. And his success in pinball is proof of this!
    Glad so many people here understand this so they’ll finally respect my opinions once my stock market gambles take off!

Mueller does not equal Elon Musk you Crazy sob!

Bobby was a broke dick.

How did your Crypto FTX go?

Rich Elites. You live with them. All around them

And Elon isn’t just a “rich person”

Sammy Bankman, hero of the lefties, WAS an ultra rich billionaire. Now he’s a broke dick loser going to jail with Bobby.

No Sammy Bank fraud condemnation. Classic

Bobby gonna share a cell with him

Drop that mic

#172 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

But that wasn't the assertion made here initially either
    Like I said... 'Did he overstate stuff? Probably..'
    Notice the guy's archive doesn't include a finding saying he couldn't produce a degree of any kind in Physics - it included assertions and depositions only. Not the judgements or interpretations under cross.
    I'm sure it's something like he studied physics there but maybe didn't major. But the internet sleuths make the conclusion on their own about what his BA diploma was for, and can't actually prove what it IS for.. they just have cites that generate uncertainty.. for which they insert their own answers for. That's why I'm saying it's not some slam dunk. And I'm not going to invest to close it... but I can spot the difference between claims and vetted conclusions. The fact this hasn't gone further should also be a hint... Pretty sure Elon doesn't have immunity from everyone else and plenty of people would happily crucify him.

Worrying about his educational background is not worth arguing about Flynnie. Save your powder for a better issue

#173 1 year ago

For all its MANY faults, twitter has been a wonderful tool for the OSINT community, and there is quite a bit of frantic backup planning occurring right now. Lots of angst of a "how do we survive and thrive if this goes away" variety.

To be clear, I WANT Elon to succeed. I want twitter to be improved. I also want my corner to not get drowned in his wake.

#174 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

He’s good friends with Jack Dorsey too.
    Like his libertarian approach. Common sense.
    He’s only “drifting right” because …

Haha I love it that’s nowadays considered “common sense” to name their child X AE A-XII

Sounds ultra woke to me.

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twitter-s-imploding/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.