Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 174 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by galore2112
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sure.gif
    coke (resized).png
    musk-lawsuit3 (resized).jpg
    musk-lawsuit2 (resized).jpg
    musk-lawsuit1 (resized).jpg
    musk lawsuit-3 (resized).png
    A4786721-3BA4-492B-A259-CBE73B046120 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221118-122816 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20221118-122834 (resized).png
    1224578858_YOUTWITFACEPIC.jpg.5ffaa021a97fe98785bed5cf6f819743 (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    twitter-outages (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 1 year ago

It seems that Twitter may be on life support. Just wanted to get a feel from the Pinside about this.

#2 1 year ago

Why would anyone use Twitter when Pinside is an option? /s (though I've never used Twitter, and wouldn't know the difference if it goes away).

#3 1 year ago

Is it imploding? Seems to be working to me. /s

I'm guessing that Elon either knows that the bare minimum staff to keep the site up are committed to staying, or he has people ready to come in and at least take over the cloud management.

I don't think it's going anywhere.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from chucktee:

It seems that Twitter may be on life support. Just wanted to get a feel from the Pinside about this.

It seems legacy media is on life support. Can’t even report on basic fact anymore and most major media organizations are barely pulling 1mil viewer numbers.

#5 1 year ago

We'll see.
    Musk isn't really known for his failures. Maybe...just maybe...he's actually a shrewder businessman and leader than us Pinsiders?

...nah. Implode away.

#6 1 year ago

I signed up for it when it first started but never used it and still haven't except if I click a video link and it turns out to be on Twitter. Why would I want to 'follow' a bunch of stupid politicians and mostly untalented celebrities? He should have spent the 44 bil on a better rocket ship or something.

#7 1 year ago

the stock is up over $11 in the last month.

#8 1 year ago

If Elon is firing all these kinds of employees like the one in this video, no loss of manpower whatsoever and the company will be massively more profitable.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1585395267552960512

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from chucktee:

You are up at 3:27 am EST posting on Pinside about Twitter imploding? Are you an Twitter employee that got a pink slip?

#10 1 year ago

Who cares

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Is it imploding? Seems to be working to me. /s
    I'm guessing that Elon either knows that the bare minimum staff to keep the site up are committed to staying, or he has people ready to come in and at least take over the cloud management.
    I don't think it's going anywhere.

Outage was pretty widespread earlier when huge amounts of the people left quit rather than submit to their new "I lied about having degrees in physics for years" owner. Looks like they're doing better, but with all the critical staff fired or quit, I'm not sure it will last.

twitter-outages (resized).jpgtwitter-outages (resized).jpg
    #12 1 year ago

I'm with you brother... who, apart from the saddos in this world, gives a flying fook.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

the stock is up over $11 in the last month.

There is no Twitter stock any more. Elon bought everyone's shares. It's a private company now.

#14 1 year ago

We survived before Twitter, I bet we can survive after.

#15 1 year ago

The only tweets I want to see are the birds in the morning.

#16 1 year ago

It makes me giddy. The world will be better without it.

#17 1 year ago

Be better with no social media.

#18 1 year ago

Social media is only training people to be less empathetic and dumber with the attention span of a goldfish. Twitter/Facebook/TicTok are the cesspool of humanity.

#19 1 year ago

Hopefully Facebook is next

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Hopefully Facebook is next

With the stock dropping 70%, someone else will buy them out. And yeah, it's overdue. It's almost getting worse than MySpace if that's believable. Then again, MySpace didn't censor you heavily either.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Social media is only training people to be less empathetic and dumber with the attention span of a goldfish. Twitter/Facebook are the cesspool of humanity.

But now where will people with half their head shaved and/or blue hair tell me how to think???

#22 1 year ago

Don’t know don’t care. Social media to me, started the downfall of society. I don’t post and I’m only on FB to follow some bands and some pinball stuff. Low hanging fruit - would love to see it all go away.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

But now where will people with half their head shaved and/or blue hair tell me how to think???

Tik-Tok

#24 1 year ago

I quit Twitter when they started censoring vaccine "misinformation" and just re-joined Twitter after Elon bought it back. It's so much better now and you get actual information vs what the media heavily filters out. The recent FTX/SBF stuff is a great example - it was all hitting Twitter in real time vs reading SBF puff pieces in the media days later.

The whole "Twitter doesn't censor anything now" is a bunch of garbage perpetuated by people who want to see it fail.

#25 1 year ago

Never understood the point of it and have zero interest in using it.

#26 1 year ago

He paid $6 million per employee then fired half of them; now more have left. What are we at, $15 million per employee? Nuts!

Twitter runs on advertising, brands will not want to be associated with this chaos.

#27 1 year ago

Theres no way whatever happens with Twitter isn't funny and thats literally all I care about. People seething about Twitter is pretty funny too. Honestly, I'd just be happy if the disease that is social media just died out (Although I admit I use it).

Also IBTL even though I'm probably pretty early on this one

#28 1 year ago

Finally some good news! I hope Facebook, Tik tok, Instagram etc are next.

#29 1 year ago

What's Twitter? Is it an EM?

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

It makes me giddy. The world will be better without it.

Musk basically bought it to have a 44 B$ funeral. I would have done the same if I had the disposable $! If he makes a profit in the end, it was for the best anyway, because as previously constituted, it needed a funeral

#31 1 year ago

Never been on Twatter, Faceshit, TikTak, Instacrap, and absolutely abhor what it's allowed people to do and done to the country, the world, and individuals. Pinside is my only social platform.

When the unhinged "leader of the free world" can get a worldwide platform to spew shit, have people lap it up, divide the country and make it ok for people to hate one another, it's time to wrap it up and call it a day.

Nobody cares what you're wearing today, whether your service at Starbucks sucked, what your cat did. Tell your friends in person, you don't need to share it with the entire planet.

#33 1 year ago

Though it's just a trailer below, my son and I watched the full 60 Minutes piece on Tik Tok last week after football and it was SUPER eye opening.

#34 1 year ago

I wish he would have bought FB instead of Twitter. I wouldn't have minded seeing FB, TikTok/, or IG implode, but I will miss Twitter.

Twitter is awesome for sports fans. You can talk-discuss-debate with other fans. Often times the team's beat reporters will post unfiltered views through their feed. They answer questions and really help to give you a better picture.

Even with the news - you can actually understand different journalists intent - without having their editor's headlines and agendas coming into play.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I wish he would have bought FB instead of Twitter. I wouldn't have minded seeing FB, TikTok/, or IG implode, but I will miss Twitter.
    Twitter is awesome for sports fans. You can talk-discuss-debate with other fans. Often times the team's beat reporters will post unfiltered views through their feed. They answer questions and really help to give you a better picture.
    Even with the news - you can actually understand different journalists intent - without having their editor's headlines and agendas coming into play.

So the richest guy in america buys a company for 40 billion and its going bankrupt in year ? yeah ok

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Jack Dorsey is already creating another social media site. It's in beta testing right now. It's called Bluesky.

I'm sure all the Twitter quitters will end up there.

#37 1 year ago

I'll just leave this here...

And In Before The Lock.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from twinturb089:

So the richest guy in america buys a company for 40 billion and its going bankrupt in year ? yeah ok

"Twitter is a crummy business. It’s only been profitable for two years of its existence, 2018 and 2019. In 2020 it lost over $1 billion, rebounding to lose a mere $222 million in 2021."

"To make matters worse, Musk’s deal to buy Twitter for $44 billion involved taking out $12.5 billion in loans. This means that Twitter will have to come up with an additional $1 billion a year to service this debt."

https://theintercept.com/2022/10/28/elon-musk-twitter/

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Jack Dorsey is already creating another social media site. It's in beta testing right now. It's called Bluesky.
    I'm sure all the Twitter quitters will end up there.

Bluesky. fits their target audience well. A imaginary world with no genders, free puppys for all, and flying unicorns delivering the latest iphones and hair dye.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Though it's just a trailer below, my son and I watched the full 60 Minutes piece on Tik Tok last week after football and it was SUPER eye opening.

60 minutes is amazing. Nearly everything they publish is enthralling and detailed.

Thanks for sharing this, I had forgotten to watch it last week.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Point and case for social media.

Here is the full segment featuring Tristan Harris an executive director and co-founder of the Center for Humane Technology. I've seen interviews with him before and he's a smart dude who has studied this phenomenon extensively.

"Pointing the most advanced AI in the world and aiming it at our brainstem to show you the most outraging content on a daily basis and the longer your scroll the more you get. We have never done that before."

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

60 minutes is amazing. Nearly everything they publish is enthralling and detailed.

If you want to be blown away, go find their piece a year or two ago on Prince. I'm only a casual fan at most, but my god they pulled back the curtain to his estate the locked vault of recordings and what a musical genius he was.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

I'll just leave this here...
    And In Before The Lock.

I’ll bet he does have answers but he’s smart not to share them because people aren’t going to want to hear them.

Being outraged and complaining seems to be acceptable. But offering solutions seems to be a huge HELL NO!

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

"Twitter is a crummy business. It’s only been profitable for two years of its existence, 2018 and 2019. In 2020 it lost over $1 billion, rebounding to lose a mere $222 million in 2021."
    "To make matters worse, Musk’s deal to buy Twitter for $44 billion involved taking out $12.5 billion in loans. This means that Twitter will have to come up with an additional $1 billion a year to service this debt."
    https://theintercept.com/2022/10/28/elon-musk-twitter/

I’ve never done the math, nor care to, but I’ve gotten the impression he didn’t buy it as an investment.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I’ve never done the math, nor care to, but I’ve gotten the impression he didn’t buy it as an investment.

No, he bought it to lose $44 billion cause he’s such a genius. He’s showing the business acumen and corporate leadership skills of our own Deep Root Mueller, except exponentially smarter because he’s so much richer.

Lead us, oh brilliant Bilionaire! We are lost without you!

#48 1 year ago

It’s all by design. Elon knows there are no hardcore employees at Twitter

#49 1 year ago

Let it burn. Pinside is the only social media I use. I think people are being manipulated and even brainwashed by using FB and Twitter without realizing it.

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

It’s all by design. Elon knows there are no hardcore employees at Twitter

They should ban all non-hardcore pinsiders from Pinside.

You are either all in or all out, scrubs!

Robin needs your answer by 5pm eastern.

There are 174 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twitter-s-imploding and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.