Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by terryb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys I have questions concerning the Twister Magnet Board underneath the playfield. My board is currently shot and I need a new one. Problem is there no where that I can buy a new board. I checked macro and they have had it out of stock for months and I'm getting frustrated that my Twister doesn't work. I found that Goldeneye has close to the same board and they have that in stock. Would this be compatible with Twister other then the chip needing to be changed out. Anyone that could help me out with that I would appreciate it.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5143-01

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5143-02

#2 7 years ago

I'm not sure about it working properly. There may be a different timing program and I believe that board uses a programmed PAL. An email to Stern Tech Service will answer your question.

#4 7 years ago

I already got the PIC Chip. I'm just wondering if the board would indeed work the same?

#5 7 years ago

As far as I remember they are the exact same board.

#6 7 years ago

The reason I mentioned the PIC chip is because it is a common failure point.

#7 7 years ago

As mentioned above the boards are the same, maybe just check the online manuals for twister and goldeneye to compare part numbers just to confirm? But I'm positive the boards are the same when I brought my new board it was listed as twister/goldeneye, hope that helps

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

The reason I mentioned the PIC chip is because it is a common failure point.

Yeah I got a new one cause I was thinking that could have been the problem but then really checking into I found my board is scorched to hell.

#10 7 years ago

Tony from GLM is on here...or you can email him at his site. I think his board maybe used in several machines. click on the link, the go to the products page look for magnet processor board.

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Tony from GLM is on here...or you can email him at his site. I think his board maybe used in several machines. click on the link, the go to the products page look for magnet processor board.
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/

I see that one but it looks as if the connections are different?

Quoted from Butch2099:

Both links say out of stock

I did order the last goldeneye board. I'm giving it a shot and I'm not happy paying 300 but I guess it is what it is

#12 7 years ago

Yeah...that's highway robbery. You never mentioned how bad is your original board, I tell you this because there are guys on here that can repair just about any damage on a pcb. It may have been cheaper to repair the old one. In any case you have to find out why the old board got damaged. Just be careful when you hook up the new board if you hear the magnet turn on and stay on cut the power. Magnets can burn right through the pf graphics if they get too hot.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah...that's highway robbery. You never mentioned how bad is your original board, I tell you this because there are guys on here that can repair just about any damage on a pcb. It may have been cheaper to repair the old one. In any case you have to find out why the old board got damaged. Just be careful when you hook up the new board if you hear the magnet turn on and stay on cut the power. Magnets can burn right through the pf graphics if they get too hot.

Get your old board repaired and sell it for a couple of hundred.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twistergoldeneye-magnet-processor-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.