Forum Topic

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Twister - who has this pin?

Twister - who has this pin?

No one calls this topic a favorite.

By Skyemont

3 years ago

Stats

• Started 3 years ago
  • 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Skyemont

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

#1 3 years ago

Hello,

I have a Twister pinball machine. Right now both magnets do not work. I think i have a board issue. The lights on the board are suppose to work but do not. They stay solid and do not blink. I got a new chip (PIC16C54-HS-P) but was told it needed to be programed for the Twister pinball. HELP ME GUYS!!! Has anyone w/ a Twister experienced this before.. If so, what did you do to fix it.. Thanks alot. You guys are always a big help.

#2 3 years ago

I do believe Goldeneye and Twister have the same boards.The reason is how Sega/Stern implemented this design. There’s a custom board under the playfield with a custom PAL chip. The PAL chip has its “fuse blown”, so you can’t copy the chip. Replacements are available from Stern, but are like $25 each. Unfortunately the chip/board is fragile and does go bad often.

#3 3 years ago

I had a Twister, but never experienced the problem so I am not much help on this one.

Not sure who can program the chip, but they can usually be found on ebay pre programed.

#4 3 years ago

I had a Twister 1 tyme,, and i will NEVER Own it again,,, Skymount ,, I have a CPU for Goldeneye that they sell at Mad for $ 400 + .. Do you need it..Might work in Twister

Twister_Suck_s.jpgTwister_Suck_s.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

#5 3 years ago

I've got a Twister that's actually in pretty good shape, except for the magnets not working. Sega put out a Service bulletin on a problem with them, # 91. I followed it and got the magnets to work for a couple of games but now they're out again. The bulletin suggested making sure you have the latest code roms; replacing a certain diode on the magnet board with two in parallel; removing a neon bulb and replacing it with a resistor. I also replaced the PAL chip at the same time with one I bought from E-Bay. Since it stopped working again I replaced the PAL chip one more time, but no joy. Fuses seem good so I'm not sure what to do next either. Good luck!

#6 3 years ago

Thanks to you all. I found a company in CA that had the magnet board chip already programed for the Twister. It should come in Saturday or Monday. I hope this is the problem. Thank you guys again..

#7 3 years ago

BR i will let you know about the CPU board. Sorry i did not call you back. Got home, wife had dinner, then the kids grabbed me to watch a movie. By the time i am free, its 12 midnight.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.