Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Twister_Suck_s.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Hello,

I have a Twister pinball machine. Right now both magnets do not work. I think i have a board issue. The lights on the board are suppose to work but do not. They stay solid and do not blink. I got a new chip (PIC16C54-HS-P) but was told it needed to be programed for the twister pinball. HELP ME GUYS!!! Has anyone w/ a Twister experienced this before.. If so, what did you do to fix it.. Thanks alot. You guys are always a big help.

#2 12 years ago

I do believe Goldeneye and Twister have the same boards.The reason is how Sega/Stern implemented this design. There’s a custom board under the playfield with a custom PAL chip. The PAL chip has its “fuse blown”, so you can’t copy the chip. Replacements are available from Stern, but are like $25 each. Unfortunately the chip/board is fragile and does go bad often.

#3 12 years ago

I had a twister, but never experienced the problem so I am not much help on this one.

Not sure who can program the chip, but they can usually be found on ebay pre programed.

#4 12 years ago

I had a Twister 1 tyme,, and i will NEVER Own it again,,, Skymount ,, I have a CPU for Goldeneye that they sell at Mad for $ 400 + .. Do you need it..Might work in Twister

Twister_Suck_s.jpgTwister_Suck_s.jpg

#5 12 years ago

I've got a Twister that's actually in pretty good shape, except for the magnets not working. Sega put out a Service bulletin on a problem with them, # 91. I followed it and got the magnets to work for a couple of games but now they're out again. The bulletin suggested making sure you have the latest code roms; replacing a certain diode on the magnet board with two in parallel; removing a neon bulb and replacing it with a resistor. I also replaced the PAL chip at the same time with one I bought from E-Bay. Since it stopped working again I replaced the PAL chip one more time, but no joy. Fuses seem good so I'm not sure what to do next either. Good luck!

#6 12 years ago

Thanks to you all. I found a company in CA that had the magnet board chip already programed for the twister. It should come in Saturday or Monday. I hope this is the problem. Thank you guys again..

#7 12 years ago

BR i will let you know about the CPU board. Sorry i did not call you back. Got home, wife had dinner, then the kids grabbed me to watch a movie. By the time i am free, its 12 midnight.

3 years later
#8 8 years ago

I know this thread is old but...
I own two Twisters currently and the last one purchased had the dreaded magnets not working issue. I swapped
the magnet board from the working unit into non working and they still would not fire. After researching problem there is a third fuse,
F-20 on the I/O power driver board that runs the magnets. Check this one, mine was bad and the fix cost $1.

I hope this helps other Twister owners solve this problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twister-who-has-this-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.