Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pinsrus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Ok guys, the lady of the house loves the pin. And she loves twister the movie, happens to be twister pin for sale. Any info on the pin is appreciated and how much is it worth.??? She wants her own

#2 11 years ago

I almost snagged one of these before I got TFTC. Since it has the Sega name on it, you might as well start below $1500, and I'm not kidding. Sega games are like auto sub-$1500 games, but they are starting to get a bit of a following by those who are willing to give them a try (those of us who own SST and XF, you know who you are ).

The #1 thing you need to make sure works is the magnet underneath the twister spinner disc. Ideally, it is supposed to hold onto all 3-4 balls before multiball kicks in and the disc sends them flying everywhere. Most of the time, the magnet may get 2 balls, and you'll be flipping the 3rd one around as multiball starts. When it works right, it is an outstanding start to multiball.

The real problem with Sega games is the cost cutting - 1 speaker sound systems, playfields that hold up like wet paint, and some of their games just really struggle when it comes to flow. Twister is like "Whirlwind 2.0" in essence - same theme with some of the exact same toys (spinner discs, topper fan), but I love it personally. I think it's a very eye-catching game, and when everything is working right - man - I'd play it over an A-List title any day of the week and 2x on Sundays.

Bottom line: I'd go for about $1400. $1500 if it's in immaculate condition.

#3 11 years ago

Thankyou, great review. And ya the guys asking 2800 which we know hel never see.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from pinsrus:

Ok guys, the lady of the house loves the pin. And she loves Twister the movie, happens to be Twister pin for sale. Any info on the pin is appreciated and how much is it worth.??? She wants her own

I bought one in May for 1500. Needed a little work, but overall in good shape. I think it was priced right

Chris (in NH)

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from pinsrus:

...the guys asking 2800 which we know hel never see.

$2800 ? Bwhahahahhahaha. maybe if the pin came with a fully-driveable 1 ratio 1996 Dodge Ram like the one featured in the movie...

I'd pay half that if the pin was in nearly absolute immaculate condition.

Here's the deal: it comes down to shopping around/how big your network is vs how much do you just "want it now." Some say wait half a year or more for a good price; others say "spend more and get what you want." Personally, if it was between $2800 and the $1900 Twister over there on Mr. Pinball's Classified posted on June 7, 2012, I'd say go call that one up for $1900 and end the hunt. That one has been around for quite a while, so I'd be willing to bet you could negotiate the price a lil' bit - especially with the addition of shipping.

#6 11 years ago

Guy won't budge on price, I offered 2k knowing it was still high and said he take 150 off.. lol.. so I told him to call me back when he really wants to sell it. It's crazy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twister-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.