Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150625_1757031.jpg
20150625_1756521.jpg
20150625_1755121.jpg
20150625_1753531.jpg
#1 8 years ago

my Twister has been giving me fits lately with an odd flipper problem you can start a game & they work but once ball goes up the shooter lane one or both stop working or only work intermittently its really strange you can hold one down & see it pulse just a little bit try to play & they stop then work then stop again any help would be much appreciated as always BTW I love Pinside

#2 8 years ago

First I'd check every switch in the ball trough and shooter lane, sounds like the game wants to end things early.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago

Thanks LTG !! so here is what I found checking those switches so far .... when I went into switch test mode it said the only active switches were the 5 on the ball trough I then removed all 5 balls & restarted switch test & had no active switches, I then put one ball in at a time & each switch registered as active once a ball came to rest on it .... I did re notice , as I had noticed this in the past that there is a possibly hack of sorts on this machine , on the ball trough there is a green wire not factory that someone has soldered onto the first trough switch to the far left & it runs up to a connector in the back box looks like that the connector they used MAY have been blank originally ?? what should I check next ? attached a few pics.

20150625_1753531.jpg20150625_1753531.jpg

20150625_1755121.jpg20150625_1755121.jpg

20150625_1756521.jpg20150625_1756521.jpg

20150625_1757031.jpg20150625_1757031.jpg

#4 8 years ago

I'd disconnect the green wire, then see if it's okay or if the green wire red stripe doesn't have continuity from the switch to the board in the head.

LTG : )™

1 week later
#5 8 years ago

Thanks LTG!! update: ok so I disconnected that connector & tried to play a game and it says 5 balls missing so unplugging it affects that , here is what I found on voltage test green wire/red tracer has 6 volts on end coming from playfield , the added in aftermarket green wire soldered onto the trough switch has 7 volts on end coming up from the switch & the connector end inside the back box only has one connector in it & that end that is currently connected to the added in green wire & it has 5 volts on that end / so we have a 7 volt connection from the trough switch going into 5 volts in the backbox ?? does not sound like a complete circuit to me ? because it has voltage on both ends ?? side note this repair/hack added wire was in machine when purchased and since then the driver board has been replaced but that was several months ago & problem did not occur when board was replaced it just happened recently ??

#6 8 years ago

the proper solution is to carefully....

carefully....

carefully.... disconnect the wire, package the game up and ship it to me. I want a twister!

seriously, disabling the flippers is also done by logic. since it just kind of happened it could be a board-related problem, but it sounds like power. What is the power across the flipper solenoids? does it go down as you start playing?

#7 8 years ago

Thanks! will check out all that as far as connections go & etc.. ....... & for the enthusiasm regarding Twister I dig it too

1 month later
#8 8 years ago

gave up & took it to a tech. he rebuilt the magna board & reflowed & repaired some other connections & it seems to have fixed everything .... playing great now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twister-funky-flippers-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.