Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by derek533
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Going to look at a Twister today. Asking price is $1,800.

What do I need to look for?

#2 5 years ago

Make sure the spinning magnet disk in the middle works. That pin has a ton of issues with that particular part.

#3 5 years ago

Went and looked. The cab is in great shape except for some very crappy touch up near the buttons, it's a reimport from Belgium. The magnetic multiball spinner worked perfectly, but the sticker is worn. Didn't notice any real wear on the playfield and it just needs a shop job. I figure the button wear can be rectified (covered LOL) with some protectors. Overall, a nice specimen and I'm probably going to buy it today. I know it doesn't get a lot of love around here but there's some very cool elements to it especially, all the Oklahoma ties in it. There's even audio of local weathermen that are legends around here (Gary England).

I've never seen coin mechs like it had. Only one slot and there was a small board coming off the mechs with dip switches. I'm assuming it's programmable to accept all different kinds of coins. Even had the original coinbox.

#4 5 years ago

$1800 is what I would expect to pay for a shopped one. Pretty sure that spinner decal is available. Anything you can get knocked off that price would be helpful to you in parts and time you will spend cleaning it up. Also, you could make or buy some cabinet protectors around the flipper area to cover it up. Maybe I can get my friend to make you a set.

#5 5 years ago

This is a great game, but it's pretty hard to find parts. it will be difficult to find plastic set, decal set and the spinning disc decal...
But I really love this game!!
Good luck !!

#6 5 years ago

I love Twister. I think it's a bad game, but I still love it. I think $1,800 is really high because for around $1,800 you can get games that are much better like JD, JM, JS2, DM etc. I think it's closer to a $1,500 game, maybe even $1,400.

#7 5 years ago

1500 for sure

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I love Twister. I think it's a bad game, but I still love it. I think $1,800 is really high because for around $1,800 you can get games that are much better like JD, JM, JS2, DM etc. I think it's closer to a $1,500 game, maybe even $1,400.

Well here in OKC, pickings are pretty slim as to what we have available and the prices are reflective of that. Right now on CL for a SS game, there is a NGG for $3400, Breakshot for $1795, and a very dirty Hurricane for $1395. All three of them have been routed, and are player's condition machines except for Breakshot which is a little above that. Nothing else other than some older EM games and someone who loves to spam the heck out of CL trying to sell a King Kool for $750 that is all beat to hell with four ads a day.

Around here, all those games you mention (what's JS2?) are way north of $2K in decent condition and a minimum of at least $2200.

#9 5 years ago

$1800 is what I'll be asking once I'm ready to sell my Twister. Currently it is a friends' house. Too bad there would be a $400 shipping charge via North American Van Lines from Houston.

You definitely don't want to buy just any machine. Price should always reflect condition and whether it is fully functional/cleaned/shopped out.

#10 5 years ago

Sure, right now. But just wait.

Quoted from derek533:

Well here in OKC, pickings are pretty slim as to what we have available and the prices are reflective of that. Right now on CL for a SS game, there is a NGG for $3400, Breakshot for $1795, and a very dirty Hurricane for $1395.

JS2 was a typo, supposed to be HS2.

Quoted from derek533:

Around here, all those games you mention (what's JS2?) are way north of $2K in decent condition and a minimum of at least $2200.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from derek533:

Well here in OKC, pickings are pretty slim as to what we have available and the prices are reflective of that. Right now on CL for a SS game, there is a NGG for $3400, Breakshot for $1795, and a very dirty Hurricane for $1395. All three of them have been routed, and are player's condition machines except for Breakshot which is a little above that. Nothing else other than some older EM games and someone who loves to spam the heck out of CL trying to sell a King Kool for $750 that is all beat to hell with four ads a day.

I agree just because games are few and far in between doesnt mean you should have to overpay for anything. Offer the guy 1400 and meet somewhere in the middle.

#12 5 years ago

Look for about 3 replacement electro-magnets.
They run hot on that game for some reason.

Fun pin though, and fast.
Well worth $1,800 if in good enough shape.
$1,400-$1,650...you'd be very, very solid.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Fun pin though, and fast.
Well worth $1,800 if in good enough shape.
$1,400-$1,650...you'd be very, very solid.

Agreed. I paid $1700 a couple years ago for a routed unit because I had to have one. They didn't make all that many. And in that time much higher (cough, cough) rated pins have come and gone from my collection, but Twister still stands tall.
Cointakers and a fresh shop job have made that game pop, and it is still a favorite player of my guests.

John Borg did a wonderful job with this one.

#14 5 years ago

Well, I bought it. Plans are to LED it, shop it, and enjoy the heck out of it. Will post pictures of before and after all the mods that I do to it in a separate thread.

Looking at it more closely, it really is in nice shape, just needs a very, very thorough cleaning, some light touch up, and some button protectors to cover the terrible touch up someone.

Paid $1700 for it which may be slightly high by about $50-$100, but I didn't want to lose out because I rarely see these for sale, let alone locally within 10 minutes of my house. I guess I have a Sega addiction considering my other pin is a BF. That or they're great bang for the buck (probably both!). I really like the Portals menu system Sega uses.

BTW, anyone know of a place where i can get a replacement sticker for the spinning disk? Looks like Marco used to sell it but are out of stock. TIA.

#15 5 years ago

Dang. One day this machine will join my collection. Congrats man.

#16 5 years ago

Congratulations on your purchase. Can you take a picture of the sticker of what it looks like now?
I am thinking you could color it in if it isn't completely missing.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from derek533:

Well, I bought it. Plans are to LED it, shop it, and enjoy the heck out of it.

Quoted from derek533:

Paid $1700 for it which may be slightly high by about $50-$100, but I didn't want to lose out because I rarely see these for sale, let alone locally within 10 minutes of my house.

Congrats! My story exactly. Two years later and it is still a blast to play.

#18 5 years ago

I made a new thread for it and put in a couple of pictures. Let me know what you guys thing about the legs and whether or not I should continue on with the lock down bar and rails.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-used-but-new-to-me

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venedocia, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
€ 279.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 67.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside