Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by lmcdonald111
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Been trying to contact Twisted Pins regarding one side on the stencil being a reversed image.

No responses to email or calls

#2 6 years ago

What game is it for?

Honestly with the disaster over the White Water topper foil alone I'd never order from those guys, communication nightmare. But beyond that, I've heard their stencils aren't even any good.

#3 6 years ago

Grand Prix
    I submitted the info that's used for the game

#4 6 years ago

It's been talked about in another thread maybe try a search.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks I was looking.
    I didn't see the stencil issue link.

I did see them not responding to people.

Suggestions?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from legotech1:

It's been talked about in another thread maybe try a search.

That can be said about most threads.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from lmcdonald111:

Thanks I was looking.
    I didn't see the stencil issue link.
    I did see them not responding to people.
    Suggestions?

Chalk it up as a relative inexpensive learning experience. If you can get TP to respond to your issue then you must be some sort of wizard. Folks have been trying for 2 years to get TP to respond to the WH2O topper issue with no success. Good luck in your endeavor.

Gord

#9 6 years ago

I think TP has thrown in the towel. When he changed the stencil material form Oramask 811 to 813, it was the worst thing I had ever dealt with as far as a re-paint. This was the fall of last year and he was very difficult to get in touch with, email or phone. And I know he ripped off for the WH20 topper. Try the new guy Pinball Pimp, so far so good.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pinball-pimp-cabinet-stencils-available-now

#10 6 years ago

I had another set from them that was so sticky it ripped the base paint off

#11 6 years ago

I got a set for Centaur that were 1" too wide on backbox. He did send me a correct set, though. And yes they were a bit sticky, but they worked out with a bit of touch up.

#12 6 years ago

Sounds like my only recourse would be to put them on something
    Cut the stencil and shoot from the reverse which is the correct side

#13 6 years ago

I had another set from them that was so sticky it ripped the base paint off

When TP first started to sell stencils, I ordered a set for FG. The material was Oramask 811. It's white and was easy to work with. I didn't get to the re-paint for a year after buying the stencils. I goofed up alignment on one side. I had to order a new section and that's when I received the blue Oramask 813. The stuff was so sticky that it stretched as I was pulling it away. I complained to Travis about it and his response was that the 813 was easier for him to work with on his machine. I was afraid of the base paint getting torn away from the cab because the adhesion was ridiculously strong. The artwork wasn't perfect and I had to make some adjustments.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-makes-mystic-cabinet-stencils

#14 6 years ago

I was contacted this week to see what my stencil issue looked like.

No offer to fix the issue yet.
    I have left more emails and VMs.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

What game is it for?
    Honestly with the disaster over the White Water topper foil alone I'd never order from those guys, communication nightmare. But beyond that, I've heard their stencils aren't even any good.

What sucks is that when you buy from other sellers(Marco, BAA, etc), you dont know that youre buying a Twisted Pins product.

When you tell Marco about your problem, he refers you to contact Twisted Pins. Thats not how it should work.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

I think TP has thrown in the towel. When he changed the stencil material form Oramask 811 to 813, it was the worst thing I had ever dealt with as far as a re-paint. This was the fall of last year and he was very difficult to get in touch with, email or phone. And I know he ripped off for the WH20 topper. Try the new guy Pinball Pimp, so far so good.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pinball-pimp-cabinet-stencils-available-now

Pinball Pimp is the best in the business

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Pinball Pimp is the best in the business

I can't wait to try his product.

#18 6 years ago

I have sent Pinball Pimp a message to see if they can make the stencil

#19 6 years ago

Close to a dozen emails and calls to Twisted Pins.

Travis doesn't understand customer service at all

#20 6 years ago

Lets hope from this thread & others that the message gets out on this supplier. My experience mirrors those above-appalling & insulting lack of communication and a stencil adhesion that would literally lift a jumbo from the tarmac!!

#21 6 years ago

Close to a dozen emails and calls to Twisted Pins.
    Travis doesn't understand customer service at all

Hate to say it, but I think it's time to move on.

#22 6 years ago

You'd think that Marcos would put major pressure on these folks

#23 6 years ago

You'd think that Marcos would put major pressure on these folks

The folks at Marco are very nice people, I don't think they are the type to get involved. Does Marco sell his stencils? I thought they sold Classic Arcades? Anyway you can't force somebody to do what they don't want to do. Personally I think Travis couldn't handle the demand for making all these stencil to the standards we are used to. He could have other issues that we don't know about as well. I know the frustration of having trouble with a re-paint on a pin cab. Been there a few times. You may have to sand the cab and try it again with another brand.

#24 6 years ago

Making stencils is easy. I've made 20-30 in the last year alone. Scan, draw, send to plotter, premask, done. Travis is a moron and a thief - I had to repaint my Centaur three @&$%€£ times! Marco should stop selling that garbage.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Travis is a moron and a thief. Marco should stop selling that garbage.

After hearing 99% horrible things aboot them I have no idea why they continue to get business & sales through Marco.

#26 6 years ago

On another note, just ordered some Genie Stencils from Flipper Rescue

http://www.flipperescue.com/

1 week later
    #27 6 years ago

Thank you Pinball Pimp for stepping up and making a great set of stencils !

I hope you take all Twisted Pins business
    Great quality and service

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside