• Latest reply 9 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3370.JPG
IMG_3335 (Small).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beadwindow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Went with dry. Trimmed with straight edge to make alignment easier (thanks for the tip Wayner).
Yes, the adhesive is way too strong, but I had no issues with it. Cab looks fantastic so far, a bit heavy handed on the webbing, but I will live with it.

IMG_3335 (Small).JPG 33 KB

Looks very nice. Is that rattle can webbing?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

No, I used Clay's stiff wire mason's brush & flicked on black lacquer. I think if I had thinned the paint slightly it would have been slightly finer webbing.
The cabinet was really beat up when I got it... the "ghetto plate" was gone & someone had screwed 2x4's around the inside where the cashbox went so they could screw a 1/2" plywood piece to the bottom. I ended up removing the excess lumber, notched a bit out of the bottom back of the cab & this allowed me to slide out what was left of the old bottom. Then replaced the bottom board with new. I did not really want to knock the rear of the cabinet out to replace. Corners are reinforced with the later Williams braces.. they fit with very little modification & really help keep this old girl together.

I see. I have a Dimension that a previous owner did an outstanding job on the repaint but the webbing's a tad thick. Not a big deal though. I mix enamel paint with thinner and plastic cement glue that I shoot thru an airbrush. Factory results can be achieved easily. I posted about it on here before.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

For me this was never about price-it was what was available at the time of my resto. I am conscious that a local supplier has now produced the stencil kit for High Hand and I propose to purchase a set to redo my cabinet in the future.

Can you share the source for the stencil? I have a Capt Card I'd like to redo the cab on at some point.
Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beadwindow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twisted-pins-stencil-installation-wet-or-dry-high-hand?tu=beadwindow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.