• Latest reply 10 years ago by kvan99
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1412b_captain-hindsight_1920x1200[1].jpg
#1 10 years ago

I am wondering if anyone has canceled their MMr with Twisted Pins and has been successful getting their refund?

I canceled my MMr order with Twisted Pins on November 14th and asked for a refund. They confirmed that same day. Several emails later with only one additional response finally on December 9th (check is in the mail!!) and I still have not received my refund. I know the mail doesn't take that long because I sent them a check in quick fashion and they cashed it within a few days.

I think I have been pretty patient...not sure what to do now which is why I am posting this here. I sent another email tonight, we'll see if I get a response tomorrow. Over two months seems a little excessive and I am getting worried...

#2 10 years ago

Nov 14 to Dec. 18 is less than 2 months. Still a lot of time and I would really be worried. Hope you get it soon.

#3 10 years ago

I canceled with them, took a couple of weeks to get my card credited.

#4 10 years ago

:/ yeah... ummm... might be time to CALL them.
Ask for them to email proof of canceled check or something.

#5 10 years ago

lol Yeah, I meant "over a month", not "over two months".

#6 10 years ago

Cancelled mine 3 weeks ago. Email back same day saying they will process it. Still no refund. Will not do business with them again.

#7 10 years ago

Don't they have to go through Planetary for the refund?

#8 10 years ago

I requested a refund with Jack and had a check in two days. Why would they wait a month?

#9 10 years ago

I would be call them for sure

#10 10 years ago

They can't earn any interest if the money is in your account.

#11 10 years ago

I tried calling but no answer. However Travis did email me back this morning saying he has been gone for a couple weeks and thought my check had been sent already. Now he will take care of sending it out today. So we will see...

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from CCPL:

I tried calling but no answer. However Travis did email me back this morning saying he has been gone for a couple weeks and thought my check had been sent already. Now he will take care of sending it out today. So we will see...

I hope u get it back

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from CCPL:

Was going to add that you will be getting the old "soz it took soo long" been ill/on holiday, its been crazy busy lately, computers playing up or check is in the post

Hope it all works out for you in the end.

#14 10 years ago

I still can not get my Magic Girl refund and its been since the last day of Expo when I signed its release. I hated to let it go,even sold BBB back in Feb to raise money on another tax issue. I still believe its coming, just like my kids believe in Santa. I hope it arrives soon to pay for the NEC digital projector that cost me almost 80k and Magic Girl is a large part of my down payment. Please John don"t disappoint my kids, we want to open by June for peak drive in season.

#15 10 years ago

Hmmmm.... methinks you guys shouldn't be putting deposits on things.... We're not dealing with Ford Motor Company. These guys are small businesses and use that money to fund the projects. Despite popular belief none of these guys are getting rich. And dealing with a bunch of girls that can't make up their minds or can't handle delays in production can't exactly be a treat either.

There are people who should pre-order games and can commit and handle the waiting period... and then there are people who really shouldn't buy anything until they can pick it up personally and drive away with it. You should all think carefully about which one you are before you screw around and waste someone's time.... and them blame them. You're acting like women in a shoe store that can't decide between the red pair and the green pair so you buy both knowing that you'll bring one back in two months and then you end up bringing both back because you want to buy a projector. And then it's the store that ruins you're kids Christmas because you spend stupidly.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from kismetnumber1:

Hmmmm.... methinks you guys shouldn't be putting deposits on things.... We're not dealing with Ford Motor Company. These guys are small businesses and use that money to fund the projects. Despite popular belief none of these guys are getting rich. And dealing with a bunch of girls that can't make up their minds or can't handle delays in production can't exactly be a treat either.
There are people who should pre-order games and can commit and handle the waiting period... and then there are people who really shouldn't buy anything until they can pick it up personally and drive away with it. You should all think carefully about which one you are before you screw around and waste someone's time.... and them blame them. You're acting like women in a shoe store that can't decide between the red pair and the green pair so you buy both knowing that you'll bring one back in two months and then you end up bringing both back because you want to buy a projector. And then it's the store that ruins you're kids Christmas because you spend stupidly.

1412b_captain-hindsight_1920x1200[1].jpg1412b_captain-hindsight_1920x1200[1].jpg

In other words, your post:
[x] is maybe somewhat true
[ ] is maybe somewhat helpful for the people looking for their refunds

#17 10 years ago

Thanks, Frank.

#18 10 years ago

Holy cow - he's just asking if anyone else is having trouble getting a refund they are entitled to get and were told they would get. He's not asking for you to make up some insulting (to him and to women in general) story - you have no idea why he's asking for a refund and it's no one's business but his...

1 week later
#19 10 years ago

In case anyone was curious, I received the refund today in the mail. Postmarked Dec. 30th.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I still can not get my Magic Girl refund and its been since the last day of Expo when I signed its release. I hated to let it go,even sold BBB back in Feb to raise money on another tax issue. I still believe its coming, just like my kids believe in Santa. I hope it arrives soon to pay for the NEC digital projector that cost me almost 80k and Magic Girl is a large part of my down payment. Please John don"t disappoint my kids, we want to open by June for peak drive in season.

I would not think there would be any difficulties for JPop to get another taker for a Magic Girl spot, especially with them being so limited.

#21 10 years ago

I had a lot issues with twisted pins too..I ordered an MMR 10 minutes after he posted, charged a grand on my card but had no confirmation. I called a couple of days later he did not even know about my order but he said I was in for an LE. A week later my money was refunded (as per my CC statement) and I was not told or emailed anything. 3 weeks after my order I called and he said that the needed a check and that's why they had refunded my money, at that point I was cancelling so it did not matter but wtf.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twisted-pins-mmr-refund-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.