New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 149937)

Twisted Pins - BEWARE!

By PinballRevival

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

issac_kulek_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 4 years ago

All games sold out, I was able to find someone that could slide their extra purchase spot to me. THey had already had the distributor, so I had to work with that distributor. If I would of known it could be bought from PPS today, I would of waited, but it sold out in a day, so ya....

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

CGC, not Rick/pps, to my knowledge had the down payment. I was one of the very first tp customers getting an allocation. It took a few months for Doug and Rick to chase down Travis and get the rest from him, the manufacturing date of mine is September but I got it in December. Sounds like he's gone awol and not even Rick can help getting the rest from him. I truly hope he makes things right soon, this sucks so bad

Ones like you who got their game, gave me hope. I'm paid in full and now am not feeling very good :/

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from miggitymac:

I'm with you, man. This was supposed to be my first pin and start in the hobby. Looks like I'm going to be out of the hobby before I even had any fun with it. Feeling pretty cheated.

on PPS forum, as well, there have been some people getting games....so I hope he is paying CGC. Once production is back and going, and all are made we shall see... what sucks is PPS themselves have games ready to ship if you buy from them :/

1 month later
    #97 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

I understand, maybe the guys who got screwed could get a game at cost ? Or discounted.one thing this country needs to do is make people accountable for there shannigans ! Embezzlement is the worst kind of thief. I apologize for any negativity towards Rick/ CGC I just hate dishonest individuals,
    Pinball world doesn't need this !

Mmm not looking to pay twice

5 months later
    #111 4 years ago
    Quoted from dnieter:

I paid my $1000 and didn't get s#(t...
    Guy's a dirtbag. I hope he goes to jail and gets to play the part of Ned Beatty in the love scene from Deliverance over, and over, and over....

Quoted from fosaisu:

Maybe this has been addressed already in this thread and I missed it. But wasn't CGC/PPS supposed to be holding the deposit money, not the distributors? I found the following in the "MMR FAQ" on PPS' website:
    Q: When and how do I have to pay?
    A: There is a $1000 deposit required for the MMR that is placed with the distributor who then forwards that $1000 to PPS to constitute an ordered game. Deposits are refundable in the event for any reason the game is not produced. The MMR LE Deposit is refundable up thru the point at which WMS approves the game (expected end of 2013), at which point the procurement of parts for the game occurs. For the MMR STD, a deposit received will determine where in the production sequence the customer is to get their game (deposit received to PPS, which customers must request that any distributor insure that their deposit has been forwarded to PPS), as well as to insure that there is a valid order for the game. The customer is then reponsible to pay the balance due to the distributor for the game,1-2 weeks before the game is ready to ship.
    http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr-faq/
    So is the story that Twisted Pins took $1,000 deposits from buyers ~ three years ago, but never reported it to CGC/PPS? I.e. Twisted Pins just kept their deposit money knowing from day one that no game would ever be made for that buyer since the manufacturer didn't even know they'd placed an order? Did Twisted Pins forward the deposit money for some orders but not others to CGC/PPS (we know CGC/PPS was aware that Twisted Pins existed since it was on their distributor list from day one -- presumably CGC/PPS expected at least a few orders to be placed through Twisted Pins?). Or did CGC/PPS decide for some reason to deviate from this policy when it came to Twisted Pins, and let them keep the deposit money for some/all orders? And if so has that ever been explained? I thought PPS' intention in structuring the deposit system this way was at least in part to avoid another debacle like the WOZ/failed Australian distributor thing,
    I get if Twisted Pins customers are avoiding conversation on this while contemplating a lawsuit, but I hope at some point the role CGC/PPS played in all of this can be clarified.

dneiter - if you aren't in convo with PPS/CGC please pm me or Call Doug.

PPS and CGC and the customers involved are all working together. That is all I can say.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 3.70
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    £ 50.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Loop Combo Pinball
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinwize.com
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,599.00
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 29.95
    $ 64.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 0.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinJewels

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside