(Topic ID: 304559)

The TWIPY Pinball Awards: Live show at the Texas Pinball Festival on March 26th

By pin2d

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BBB6C630-EDC9-4154-AADB-DB06079D796F.gif
    65B4D42B-E56A-46B9-804A-C4CF375CAA9F (resized).jpeg
    giphy (14).gif
    121E7776-A773-4CB7-B973-E9888A7FAED9.gif
    34DF282F-21CC-4B9F-950B-C713C076E9E6 (resized).jpeg
    FE582A75-AA2C-4930-B7E2-D1F88C4E44B9 (resized).jpeg
    276012514_363220932350263_1557846762155243472_n (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 7.45.20 AM (resized).png
    276023215_725318268845290_3780100241430276985_n (resized).jpg
    0291D7B2-5296-404D-8984-03D8FDED5D57 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220116_101627 (resized).jpg
    a9693ef36f2f8b6fef9a30e1fdf64eb8db5f85c7 (resized).jpg
    157178f2be48de8eeb66947ea09f2310eeeb1a3a (resized).jpg
    49ef9aadda1068d865eb62cd7c1a23dbd6a70812 (1) (resized).jpg
    57bbf457101f948364020a30a1e96649cfadcb82 (resized).jpg
    520fe7d6a73f8bc6b25b10c2ca23afb8724d4e31 (resized).jpg

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Oof...That was brutal. First time I ever tapped out. Have watched every TWIPY ceremony and look forward to them each year.
    I miss Zach & Greg.

And the PRODUCTION VALUES they brought with.

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

“The TWIPYs went 100% smoothly, there were absolutely no issues.”
    - Mirco Playfields Guy

"The audience caused the issues."

-- JJP

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Now all we need is to see Todd give Kaneda the people’s elbow! [quoted image]

"Can you smell what the Tuckey's cookin'?"

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Agree, but with all due respect, it wasn't just the sound issues.

Agreed. I was just addressing the previous post about the screwed up sound. I thought the whole thing was a train wreck.

I will say I appreciated Kaneda showing some class, though, in thanking his family and supporters. That was actually a high point for me, although I'm not a fan of his show or previous shenanigans. (And yes, I know that's not saying much.)

#105 2 years ago

Having a kid can be pretty humbling and adjust your priorities. I was a tool before I had kids and got sober. But it all came from not knowing my worth and being fixated on things that weren’t really important. It’s why I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Agreed. I was just addressing the previous post about the screwed up sound. I thought the whole thing was a train wreck.
    I will say I appreciated Kaneda showing some class, though, in thanking his family and supporters. That was actually a high point for me, although I'm not a fan of his show or previous shenanigans. (And yes, I know that's not saying much.)

#106 2 years ago

Is there a list of the winners ?

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is there a list of the winners ?

Here's the list: Godzilla.

Oh...and Halloween for the topper, which Godzilla doesn't have.

Now you're caught up. You're welcome.

#108 2 years ago

Such a helpful guy

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Cringe worthy, had to turn off.

Actually the Oscars are more cringeworthy and woke that no one gives a shit about.

#110 2 years ago

The only thing I care about the awards is Next Level winning Best Pinball Location along with TNT Amusements winning Best Pinball YouTuber and they both absolutely deserved it 100%.

#111 2 years ago

Hey all, just wanted to make a quick update post here.

Results:
    Full results will be posted soon, will get those up as soon as possible.

A/V issues:
    I am truly truly sorry for the audio/video issues that were experienced. This will be our top priority and will be fixed for next year.

I haven’t had a chance to watch the show yet so I’ll learn more after I watch it too. On hosts, we’ll probably switch that up for next year and keep switching it up every year or two like we’ve been doing. On general production/editing of the show, we’re going to bring in a third party for more assistance next year. We had a lot of fun this year but obviously have areas that need to get much better. By bringing in some extra help we’ll get where we need to be for next year.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions and please feel to email me if you have any suggestions you want to share privately, my email is [email protected] or just PM me on here. Thanks!

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

On hosts, we’ll probably switch that up for next year and keep switching it up every year or two like we’ve been doing. On general production/editing of the show, we’re going to bring in a third party for more assistance next year.

Definitely need to do at least one, maybe two practice runthroughs to work out the kinks. It will make a much smoother show for the one that counts.

Really appreciate your efforts with the awards and show. It's not easy to pull off.

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely need to do at least one, maybe two practice runthroughs to work out the kinks. It will make a much smoother show for the one that counts.

100%

#114 2 years ago

You need a Smith / Rock moment and that will go viral and Make pinball great again.
    Its a joke, please don't slap me!

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Now all we need is to see Todd give Kaneda the people’s elbow! [quoted image]

That looked like a corporate elbow

#117 2 years ago
    65B4D42B-E56A-46B9-804A-C4CF375CAA9F (resized).jpeg65B4D42B-E56A-46B9-804A-C4CF375CAA9F (resized).jpeg
    #118 2 years ago

and the twippy . after party, music was way to loud ,, had to leave , my ears were going to fall off.

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

[quoted image]

Ca-ca-catch the wave.....

#120 2 years ago

Post the results already.
    Please don’t make me watch it to the end. Thanks
    BBB6C630-EDC9-4154-AADB-DB06079D796F.gifBBB6C630-EDC9-4154-AADB-DB06079D796F.gif

#121 2 years ago

Yea I’d like to see the results but don’t have time for the whole video.

#122 2 years ago

Lurked for a while, I use pinside sparingly, not even sure why I'm posting now except I'm still appalled even after a few days. I'm surprised no one else commented as to the hosts, which I felt was the worst part. I don't want to flog a dead horse in a race I don't even care about, but they (mostly the dude host) are objectively a bad fit. I won't detail my opinion with "evidence", just curious if anyone else felt the same. The awards director is smart to change up the hosts for next year and wrap the announcement in such a way as to offend no one.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from anon_pinchick:

Lurked for a while, I use pinside sparingly, not even sure why I'm posting now except I'm still appalled even after a few days. I'm surprised no one else commented as to the hosts, which I felt was the worst part. I don't want to flog a dead horse in a race I don't even care about, but they (mostly the dude host) are objectively a bad fit. I won't detail my opinion with "evidence", just curious if anyone else felt the same. The awards director is smart to change up the hosts for next year and wrap the announcement in such a way as to offend no one.

Jack Danger is kind of a polarizing guy. Some people love him....others not so much.

I agree that switching up hosts next year is a good idea.

#124 2 years ago

Consider adding a requirement that "homebrew" games cannot be based on commercial game code.

Calling a rethemed Mustang with a ROM hack a homebrew is pretty insulting to the talented creators who have put in the hundreds of hours of hard work it takes to bring up an original game.

#125 2 years ago

Reading this thread had me curious about the show, so I watched it. It was painful to say the least. I was left scratching my head and thinking WTF.

This industry has been on the upswing and was thinking that it would have been much more polished than what I viewed.

You can like or hate Kaneda, Greg, or Zach, but they were the best parts of that entire production!

#126 2 years ago

"Insulting"

"appalled"

"painful"

Man, I thought the reviews for Guy Fierie's Times Square restaurant were rough.

#128 2 years ago

Consider adding a requirement that the emcees not wear hats that obscure the camera's view of their faces.
    .................David Marston

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Consider adding a requirement that "homebrew" games cannot be based on commercial game code.
    Calling a rethemed Mustang with a ROM hack a homebrew is pretty insulting to the talented creators who have put in the hundreds of hours of hard work it takes to bring up an original game.

One could say the same about off-the-shelf toys in the mod category.

I knew I couldn't win with AMH, so no issue with that, but I did dedicate nearly a year of my life to developing and producing it, ultimately for next to nothing after expenses and paying the hired help well for 11 months to buy the time to make it, so it was disappointing to see a win for something that could be rigged up in a day, especially when the rules say the mod category can't use IP (perhaps only applies if you make it yourself).

Based on the comments from the live feed ("Target" - "K-Mart"), it seems others saw it that way.

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No results for best tournament?

Ah we missed that one. We'll get that added tonight after work.

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Jack Danger is kind of a polarizing guy. Some people love him....others not so much.
    I agree that switching up hosts next year is a good idea.

Jacks great at what he does streaming and holding random conversations and chats while playing with viewers, I watch a lot of his streams and all of his reveals but it’s on his terms it’s off the cuff and he’s great that.

The TWIPYs is completely different, it is more of a scripted routine, but it honestly felt like Imoto and Jack didn’t really know what was going on from one minute to the next, a rehearsal or 2 would have likely made a massive improvement.

#133 2 years ago

Can you add rookie of the year? Jack Danger gave kudos to a runner up, but I didn't recognize their name or know what project they were associated with.

Thanks!

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Jack Danger gave kudos to a runner up, but I didn't recognize their name or know what project they were associated with.

That was my daughter, Sophia. She co-designed Silver Falls when she was 10 years old. Silver Falls is a 3rd party P3 game that uses the Heist playfield module. It is a mash-up of a simulation game with pinball. It features a chillhop soundtrack by Scott Danesi!

The player earns points to spend in a shop located in the central shot. Once each room is furnished, a hurry-up mode starts that is unique to each room. For example, you might need to turn the TV on to be entertained, or put out a fire. Hitting a shot will start a combo sequence, randomized. Side targets and crane hits award a temporary multiplier. It's especially fun to tackle the game in co-op or groups using Team Play. There are six different voice actors and dozens of appearance choices for an avatar that you select at game start.

Needless to say, I'm very proud of her, and humbled that I was able to nominate her this year. Silver Falls was my second commercially released game. It was very kind of Jack to shout her out during his acceptance, and it was fun to watch with her. Did I mention that I'm proud?

#135 1 year ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

TNT for the win
    Great stuff for a great bloke and great crew
    Well done and long overdue

Thank you!!

#136 1 year ago
    Quoted from Acronymicon:

The only award I cared about was Todd's, and he won!
    Todd, Frank, Curt, and even the twins are all great, and Ive loved that goofy channel for near a decade now.
    Glad he finally won.

Thank you...I was so happy!

#137 1 year ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

Yes , Todd should have won this years ago and I’m glad to see him and his crew win . I really enjoyed his seminar Friday night and hope he is back for next years.show.
    I hate the show is over , but now I can’t wait to get home to watch Todd’s You Tube videos of the show!!!

Thank you very much! Lots more videos coming!

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

As someone else had said, he is the people’s champion!

Thank you!!

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Thank you very much! Lots more videos coming!

I really enjoy your videos! Love your sense of humor and your attention to detail. Thanks for all your hard work. Good seeing you at TPF

#140 1 year ago

Kids go nuts for Todds videos.

#141 1 year ago

Todd poked my eyes at TPF and I’ll forever be grateful. Congrats!

#142 1 year ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

I really enjoy your videos! Love your sense of humor and your attention to detail. Thanks for all your hard work. Good seeing you at TPF

Thank you!

#143 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Todd poked my eyes at TPF and I’ll forever be grateful. Congrats!

Next time, you get crowned with my cane!

#144 1 year ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Kids go nuts for Todds videos.

The also go BONKERS for them!

#146 1 year ago

Todd Tuckey should be hosting the TWIPY awards. You don't need all the BS. Just announce the winners.

#147 1 year ago

Fairly new-ish to Pinball and don’t know who Todd is or where to watch these awesome videos. If anyone wants to clue me in I’d be eager to get in on the good times.

#148 1 year ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Fairly new-ish to Pinball and don’t know who Todd is or where to watch these awesome videos. If anyone wants to clue me in I’d be eager to get in on the good times.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tntamusements/videos

#149 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

Congrats Todd N Tuckey!

Thank you!

#150 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Todd Tuckey should be hosting the TWIPY awards. You don't need all the BS. Just announce the winners.

I would LOVE to! Glad you suggest me!

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twipys-pre-voting-starts-in-december/page/3?hl=animedude892 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.