(Topic ID: 282713)

It's Time for The TWIPY Pinball Awards! Come hang out TONIGHT at 8PM Eastern!!

By pin2d

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jaeg
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210412_195643074_HDR.jpg
    source.gif
    EB44AB77-2AE4-48F8-A715-E818C6006CF5 (resized).png
    voting (resized).png
    2020-TWIPY-Cheat-Sheet (resized).png
    TWIPY-2020-Program (resized).png
    TWIPYS-Contest-Swag-1 (resized).jpg
    unisex-tri-blend-t-shirt-charcoal-black-triblend-5ff4944e8d49a_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
    kiss-cut-stickers-5.5x5.5-5feb7c9220d4f_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
    enamel-mug-white-12oz-5feb7a8ee93cc_740x (resized).jpg
    TWIPY 2020 Program (resized).png
    IMG_5202 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5201 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5200 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5199 (resized).JPG
    2020-TWIPY-Cheat-Sheet-3.png

There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 2 years ago

You should have a best Pinsound orchestration award. Thanks.

#52 2 years ago

1. AIQ
    2. Guns'N Roses
    3. Stranger Things
    4. Rick and Morty
    5. TMNT

Neil.

#53 2 years ago

Played them all and this is how I believe it will shake out

1. GnR
    2. AIQ
    3. Rick an Morty
    4. TMNT
    5. Stranger Things

#54 2 years ago

1. Guns'N Roses
    2. AIQ
    3. Rick and Morty
    4. TMNT
    5. Stranger Things

#55 2 years ago

1. Heist
    2. RITR
    3. R&M
    4. Hot Wheels
    5. GnR

Congrats to all the nominees and creators. Still can't believe my game was even on the ballot!

#56 2 years ago

TWIPY Teaser #2 with a sneak peek at one of the Special Presenters that will be joining us Saturday night during the show!!

#57 2 years ago

C'mon Oktoberfest - you can still make it! (Pinhead Veterans Committee vote)

#58 2 years ago

It's TWIPY TIME!!

We can't wait to virtually hang out you all, it is going to be a super fun evening - Join us TONIGHT at 8PM Eastern to celebrate the pinball hobby with the TWIPY Pinball Awards!!

Tune in here at 8PM to watch: https://twipys.com/#live

More info here:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/happy-twipy-day-come-celebrate-the-hobby-tonight-at-8pm-eastern-for-the-twipy-pinball-awards/

See you tonight!!

2020-TWIPY-Cheat-Sheet (resized).png2020-TWIPY-Cheat-Sheet (resized).pngTWIPY-2020-Program (resized).pngTWIPY-2020-Program (resized).png
    #59 2 years ago

1. Guns'N Roses
    2. AIQ
    3. TMNT
    4. Rick and Morty
    5. Stranger Things

#60 2 years ago

How soon after the show will it be available to watch. (Family coming over tonight)

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

How soon after the show will it be available to watch. (Family coming over tonight)

The VOD should be available at around 10:30pm Eastern.

#62 2 years ago

Just being among top 09 best youtube channels is already a BIG award for Pinball Mods Brasil (https://www.youtube.com/pinballmodsbrasil)!

Thanks for all the voters!

And thanks Jeff and TWIP staff for making this event for us, pinball lovers!

Pinball Mods Brasil

#63 2 years ago

1. Avenger's Infinity Quest
    2. Guns N' Roses
    3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    4. Stranger Things
    5. Rick and Morty

#64 2 years ago

1. Guns and Roses
    2. Avengers IQ
    3. Stranger Things
    4. TMNT
    5. Rick and Morty

#65 2 years ago

1. AIQ
    2. GnR
    3. TMNT
    4. Stranger Things
    5. Hot Wheels

#66 2 years ago

30 minutes of promos/commercials to start the show????????

#67 2 years ago

I really like the Pinside ad.

Quoted from AUKraut:

30 minutes of promos/commercials to start the show????????

Yeah..They did the same thing last year.

#68 2 years ago

LIVE NOW!! Celebrate the pinball hobby with the TWIPY Pinball Awards!!

https://twipys.com/#live

#69 2 years ago

13 minutes until previews are over and show starts.

#70 2 years ago

I tune in every year specifically for the cringworthy ads

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

13 minutes until previews are over and show starts.

I know ads suck, but 100% of the donations from sponsors goes directly into the show. So please support them!!

#72 2 years ago

1. Guns'N Roses
    2. AIQ
    3. Rick and Morty
    4. TMNT
    5. Stranger Things

#74 2 years ago

That was my first live TWIPY event. Really enjoyed the presentation, and the chat interaction was a lot of fun too. Congrats to the organizers, the hosts, the presenters, all of the nominees, and the winners. We all truly appreciate those who give life to the hobby, and push the creative boundaries to keep it fun and entertaining.

#75 2 years ago

Great show and...BTTF is coming!

#76 2 years ago

Thanks TWIP

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

I know ads suck, but 100% of the donations from sponsors goes directly into the show. So please support them!!

Hopefully you didn't read anything negative into my comment (nor was I negative at all in the chat session - I actually watched all 30 minutes of of the pre-show ads). I was just hoping to alert any Pinsiders not keeping up with the show time (somehow I've missed it every year until now). I actually liked learning more about companies like Marco's, Coin Taker, etc. that I order from on a regular basis, and learning officially about 2022 TPF was awesome! I personally support nearly all of the sponsors you showed on an ongoing and regular basis with my business, and they are all great for pinball.

#78 2 years ago

Good show Jeff! I think the biggest surprise was how you assembled all of those presenters from different showbiz worlds!

#79 2 years ago

I still can't BELIEVE I got a TWIPY cameo.

#80 2 years ago

How about showing HEP some love and creating a "Best pinball restoration of the year" category (of course others would be eligible)?

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

Great show and...BTTF is coming!

Meh.. believe it when I see it.

#82 2 years ago

Stern wins the best Mod - hahahaha

I am sure it was a later released withheld feature

#83 2 years ago

Thanks Jeff for all your work with This Week in Pinball and the Twipys

#84 2 years ago

I keep hoping for Favorite Pinball Location.

Maybe next year.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Great show. Thank you all who made it possible.

#85 2 years ago

ZzzzLandozzzz

#86 2 years ago

Thank you Jeff and everyone involved with the TWIPYs production - well done!

i can only imagine the gigantic amount of effort required to create such a professional and entertaining show!

#87 2 years ago

Well done.
    Thanks for the show.

#88 2 years ago

Is there a list of winners posted anywhere?

#89 2 years ago

Great show guys- maybe not as slick a production as that OTHER new awards show but definitely more REAL !!!

#90 2 years ago

Only was able to catch the final award live but looked good! Thanks again for all the hard work in putting this together. Always interesting to see how he votes shakes out afterwards too.

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Is there a list of winners posted anywhere?

There is a link to to results in post number 73.

#92 2 years ago

Thanks all for the kind words, it was definitely a HUGE team effort - Imoto with a ridiculous amount of editing, Jack Danger, William Oetting, Marc Silk, Cary Hardy, Rusty Hardy, Steve Bowden, Josh Sharpe, Lloyd Olson, Joel Reeves, so many people helped make this happen.

Not to mention the hundred or so people in the industry that came together to be presenters and make acceptance speeches for the awards!

We also raised right at $3000 to help support some struggling pinball locations, a HUGE thank you to all the generous donations including TITAN PINBALL that gave $1k!! Those funds will be distributed in the next day or two, every little bit helps.

#93 2 years ago

Eric Smith at Titan is the greatest!

#94 2 years ago

these awards are lame, horrible and awful (horraweful) and in no way represents the general publics opinion. this is a buddy system to the extreme. Stern withholds a part of a game..released it months later for an extra $$price...and you give them an award for it? smh.

last year they were giving awards to unfinished games because your buddy Jack is building it? has the man finished the f@%king thing first and seen how it plays

#95 2 years ago

You know the pinball community at large votes on these, right? So, they literally do reflect the opinions of the "general public".

Doesn't mean your preferences will win (some of mine didn't).

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You know the pinball community at large votes on these, right? So, they literally do reflect the opinions of the "general public".

No - it reflects the opinion of those who bother with this stuff. It is not a poll or representation of the whole... just results within a demographic who felt they should participate.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

No - it reflects the opinion of those who bother with this stuff. It is not a poll or representation of the whole... just results within a demographic who felt they should participate.

Which is probably the best and most fair way to do it.
    Anybody complaining, i dare you come up with a better system.

#98 2 years ago

that was a lot of fun and nicely put together. thx to all involved.

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Which is probably the best and most fair way to do it.
    Anybody complaining, i dare you come up with a better system.

It all depends on what you want it to be - the problem is people will take it to be whatever they want it to be.

The fundamental flaw is the sample set

There is well established science in how to do this if you wanted to actually measure a population. But that’s not the intent - so it isn’t really a good answer here. You should just know what it is... and what it isn’t necessarily.

I do like the rank voting to help add value to the rankings of finishes.

#100 2 years ago

Another great set of award winners, congratulations, take pride in the fun you create! Thanks for the show TWIPY team!

There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twipys-are-back-for-a-4th-year-pre-voting-starts-tomorrow/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.