(Topic ID: 282713)

It's Time for The TWIPY Pinball Awards! Come hang out TONIGHT at 8PM Eastern!!

By pin2d

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jaeg
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210412_195643074_HDR.jpg
    source.gif
    EB44AB77-2AE4-48F8-A715-E818C6006CF5 (resized).png
    voting (resized).png
    2020-TWIPY-Cheat-Sheet (resized).png
    TWIPY-2020-Program (resized).png
    TWIPYS-Contest-Swag-1 (resized).jpg
    unisex-tri-blend-t-shirt-charcoal-black-triblend-5ff4944e8d49a_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
    kiss-cut-stickers-5.5x5.5-5feb7c9220d4f_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
    enamel-mug-white-12oz-5feb7a8ee93cc_740x (resized).jpg
    TWIPY 2020 Program (resized).png
    IMG_5202 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5201 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5200 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5199 (resized).JPG
    2020-TWIPY-Cheat-Sheet-3.png

There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

TUNE IN HERE at 8PM tonight!!

https://twipys.com

-------------

UPDATE 1/1:

TWIPY VOTING NOW OPEN!!

We are excited to announce the fourth annual TWIPY Pinball Awards will be taking place again this March! The TWIPYs are an annual celebration of the pinball hobby, where the public votes for their favorite features from pinball machines released in 2020, as well as their favorite pinball content creators. Voting runs from January 1st through January 31st.

---------------

Hi all, the TWIPYs are back again!

For those unfamiliar, the TWIPYs are a “People’s Choice” type awards, where the public votes for their favorites in the pinball world, it is a celebration of the hobby!!

The TWIPY Committee returns, and this year it is comprised of Steve Bowden, Imoto Harney, Josh Sharpe, Lloyd Olson, Joel Reeves, William Oetting, and Jeff Patterson.  The Committee will be responsible for determining game eligibility and categories, show and schedule coordination, and most importantly, maintaining the integrity of the voting process through our online secure voting process, and helping review and validate votes and results.

The main TWIPY voting period will be held in January as always. As with last year, we'll do a pre-voting period so the pinball community can decide which nominees will be included in the drop downs for the write-in categories, such as favorite streamers, podcasters, mods, etc. This helps provide voters with a better voting experience in January and saves time when compiling the votes so the TWIPY Committee and others can spend more time focusing on creating the event.

PRE-VOTING for the TWIPYs starts tomorrow, December 1st, and runs through Thursday, December 10th. These will determine the drop down selections for the January voting. The number of drop down selections will vary by category and be determined by the TWIPY Committee.

This year we have some changes, including a document for Eligibility Requirements, Minutes for the TWIPY Committee Meetings, and a new voting format.

This year, people can choose their top two Write-In nominees for each category if they wish (ex: these are my two favorite mods of 2020). These votes will determine nominees for the drop downs for the January voting.

Also new this year - during the January voting, voters can choose their top three for each category if they wish. Those will count as three "points" for 1st pick, two points for 2nd pick, and one point for third pick for January voting, and will determine the winners of the categories.

We are looking forward to making the 2020 TWIPYs the pinball event of the year - a huge celebration of the pinball hobby - you won't want to miss it!! More information such as hosts and dates will be coming soon.

The pre-voting opens at midnight tonight - I'll post a link tomorrow here morning if no one else has by then.

Thanks!
    Jeff
    This Week in Pinball

Screen-Shot-2020-11-28-at-9.12.59-PM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2020-11-28-at-9.12.59-PM (resized).png

#2 3 years ago

Happy TWIPY Tuesday Pinheads!! PRE-VOTING ballots for the TWIPYs are live - these votes for the categories below will determine the dropdowns for the official voting in January.

- Favorite Pinball Streamer
    - Favorite Pinball Podcast
    - Favorite Pinball YouTube Channel
    - Favorite Pinball Mod of 2020
    - Favorite Home Brew Pinball Machine
    - Favorite Pinball Website
    - Favorite Pinball Publication or Article
    - Favorite Pinball Location
    - Favorite Pinball Virtual Event
    - Favorite Pinball Topper of 2020

The Pre-Voting will be open from 12/1 to 12/10 and will determine the dropdowns for the official voting in January. Vote now!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-pinball-awards-pre-voting-open-now-2/

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Happy TWIPY Tuesday Pinheads!! PRE-VOTING ballots for the TWIPYs are live - these votes for the categories below will determine the dropdowns for the official voting in January.
    - Favorite Pinball Streamer
    - Favorite Pinball Podcast
    - Favorite Pinball YouTube Channel
    - Favorite Pinball Mod of 2020
    - Favorite Home Brew Pinball Machine
    - Favorite Pinball Website
    - Favorite Pinball Publication or Article
    - Favorite Pinball Location
    - Favorite Pinball Virtual Event
    - Favorite Pinball Topper of 2020
    The Pre-Voting will be open from 12/1 to 12/10 and will determine the dropdowns for the official voting in January. Vote now!!
    https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-pinball-awards-pre-voting-open-now-2/

Pre-voting went smoothly and it was pretty fun to start thinking about categories.

Can’t wait to see who is crowned game of the year. My faves from best-to-worst - R&M, GNR2, AIQ, STh, Hot Wheels and TMNT2. If we see a LZ or CCr released, they will be too late to be considered.

#4 3 years ago

That should be an o not an e.

LTG : )

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No worries, O or E you still got my vote!

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

DOH!! Fixed Lloyd!

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Pre-voting went smoothly and it was pretty fun to start thinking about categories.
    Can’t wait to see who is crowned game of the year. My faves from best-to-worst - R&M, GNR2, AIQ, Hot Wheels and TMNT2. If we see a LZ or CCr released, they will be too late to be considered.

I am also very interested in the game categories, will be interesting to see where things end up. The eligible games in alphabetical order are:

Avengers
    Guns N’ Roses
    Heist
    Hot Wheels
    Ranger in the Ruins (only eligible for Theme, Rules, Lightshow, Animations and Display, Music and Sound Effects, Callouts)
    Rick and Morty
    Star Wars Comic Art Pin (only eligible for Artwork)
    Stranger Things
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

#8 3 years ago

Ha I was thinking about other award shows like Academy Awards. While those come without any financial incentive, the winners always bump up their asking fees on future projects. So I am asking if anyone that has won a TWIPY ever saw any financial gains tied to that award.

1 week later
    #9 3 years ago

Today is the LAST DAY for PRE-VOTING for the TWIPY Awards – Vote Now!!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-pinball-awards-last-day-for-pre-voting-vote-now/

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 11.06.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-06 at 11.06.57 AM (resized).png
    3 weeks later
    #11 3 years ago

TWIPY VOTING NOW OPEN!!

We are excited to announce the fourth annual TWIPY Pinball Awards will be taking place again this March! The TWIPYs are an annual celebration of the pinball hobby, where the public votes for their favorite features from pinball machines released in 2020, as well as their favorite pinball content creators. Voting runs from January 1st through January 31st.

Vote Now!!

https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 11.51.55 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-31 at 11.51.55 AM (resized).png
    #12 3 years ago

Wow, that topper category this year is dire. I mean they were all pretty crap and uninspired considering the massively increased costs, but if that's my criteria, then the Rick and Morty one should win because it's free. In the end I went with Elvira since it had the most work in it, but still didn't didn't do much. R&M got second.

And thanks for making it so you can just skip categories you have no experience with for the nominees (like best location play in my case). Should probably have a message saying it's okay to skip if you don't have answers for a category. I just did, and hoped for the best, and it worked.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

skip categories you have no experience with for the nominees (like best location play in my case).

Can I introduce you to my photojournalism work which covers (so far) the action at a vast array of locations (including two nominees) via a pinball-specific Instagram feed that is the first thing you should check every morning?

Here’s the link...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJeDi2pHVnR/?igshid=rgbqgh1rnki7

Note: Even if you do not have an Instagram account, you can still open that link in a web browser and see the images for no cost or registration.
    Note-note: Images are cycled out at a unpredictable pace.
    Note-note-note: the physical edition is sold out.

Stay tuned for updates.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from desiArnez:

Can I introduce you to my photojournalism work which covers (so far) the action at a vast array of locations (including two nominees) via a pinball-specific Instagram feed that is the first thing you should check every morning?
    Here’s the link...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CJeDi2pHVnR/?igshid=rgbqgh1rnki7
    Note: Even if you do not have an Instagram account, you can still open that link in a web browser and see the images for no cost or registration.
    Note-note: Images are cycled out at a unpredictable pace.
    Note-note-note: the physical edition is sold out.
    Stay tuned for updates.

Yeah, I skipped your category, too because I didn't have experience with enough of the nominees to choose.

I'd like to see what you did, but unfortunately, I don't mess with instagram at all. Facebook has poisoned all the associated companies they bought like Instagram and even just visiting with a link is bad.

You should set up a dedicated website if you're going to continue making more so people that shun facebook/instagram/whatsapp/oculus for privacy reasons can see your work.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

.You should set up a dedicated website if you're going to continue making more so people that shun facebook/instagram/whatsapp/oculus for privacy reasons can see your work.

Thanks! Good advice. Should I get a Square Space or WIX? Friendster, there was a shady site..

Actually, I aim to not be on the web at all. That’s a larger conversation about the beauty of seeing one’s work in print form.

I am putting together some sort of printed collection.

To bridge the gap, I personally financed two printings of the product actually offered.. see image.

But I keep selling out. And fast.

Who knows, I may just announce issue two tomorrow.

There’s a face group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/335896657587795/?ref=share

The nomination is for publication and there are about 250 of the sizzle ‘zine.

DM me and I’ll make sure you get a copy.

XTN

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from desiArnez:

Thanks! Good advice. Should I get a Square Space or WIX? Friendster, there was a shady site..
    Actually, I aim to not be on the web at all. That’s a larger conversation about the beauty of seeing one’s work in print form.
    I am putting together some sort of printed collection.
    To bridge the gap, I personally financed two printings of the product actually offered.. see image.
    But I keep selling out. And fast.
    Who knows, I may just announce issue two tomorrow.
    There’s a face group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/335896657587795/?ref=share
    The nomination is for publication and there are about 250 of the sizzle ‘zine.
    DM me and I’ll make sure you get a copy.
    XTN

31EB2282-72C4-4DCA-961C-BB9E77C85BF0 (resized).jpeg31EB2282-72C4-4DCA-961C-BB9E77C85BF0 (resized).jpeg
    #18 3 years ago

TWIPY Cheat Sheet!

5e80e34b9392dbe20354e8eaf26e69cb7ea499dc (resized).jpg5e80e34b9392dbe20354e8eaf26e69cb7ea499dc (resized).jpg
    #19 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

TWIPY Cheat Sheet!
    [quoted image]

Thanks for this. It was tough not being able to see all the categories and kind of get thinking about them before voting. Nice to have everything in one place to just look over.

#20 3 years ago

Hey all, the TWIPY Committee talked this morning, and for clarification (and to have it in writing) we have added an update on the Eligibility Document for the TWIPYs:

"Any nominee that solicits votes through direct payment or through any form of giveaways may be removed as a nominee."

You can view the Eligibility Document here: https://twipys.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2020-Eligibility-Document-Updated-1_6_2021.pdf

Nothing malicious, just closing some exploits/loopholes!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Hey all, the TWIPY Committee talked this morning, and for clarification (and to have it in writing) we have added an update on the Eligibility Document for the TWIPYs:
    "Any nominee that solicits votes through direct payment or through any form of giveaways may be removed as a nominee."
    You can view the Eligibility Document here: https://twipys.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/2020-Eligibility-Document-Updated-1_6_2021.pdf
    Nothing malicious, just closing some exploits/loopholes!

Has that happened in the past??

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Has that happened in the past??

Not to my knowledge, no. A question was recently asked regarding where the "line is" so we wanted to clarify (even though that is pretty common sense).

1 week later
    #23 3 years ago

Pinside is a TWIPY sponsor this year!

I made a banner to point everyone to the TWIPY ballot and hopefully get all Pinsiders to vote for their favorites in pinball. Remember, voting is open until Sun, January 31st!

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Pinside is a TWIPY sponsor this year!
    I made a banner to point everyone to the TWIPY ballot and hopefully get all Pinsiders to vote for their favorites in pinball. Remember, voting is open until Sun, January 31st!

Woohoo!! Thank you Robin!!

Vote for your favorites Pinsiders: https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

TWIPY Cheat Sheet![quoted image]

Pinball Mods Brasil is a TWIPY nominee, as YouTube Creator! It´s our first time and it´s amazing! Thanks Jeff and Twipy folks for this opportunity, I am really grateful.

In 5 minutes you can discover how to play a Monster Bash or how to buy a pinball machine! Pinball Mods Brasil creates short direct to the point pinball videos in Portuguese and also in English. Our mission is to spread pinball knowledge and culture all over the world, turbo mode on!

https://www.youtube.com/pinballmodsbrasil

Thanks for voting!!

Paulo Studart

logosolar (resized).pnglogosolar (resized).png
    #26 3 years ago

Happy TWIPY Tuesday everybody!! We are at over 4,000 votes now for the TWIPYs and I wanted to share an exciting update regarding the TWIPYs. This year, all donations we receive for the TWIPYs will be given to PINBALL LOCATIONS. Many locations are struggling with the pandemic and, even if it is just a little bit, we would love to give what we can to help folks through this rough patch and keep location pinball alive.

If you are a public pinball location (arcade / bar arcade / pinball museum) and would like to be considered for distribution of donations, you MUST fill out this form: https://twipys.com/2020-pinball-location-submission/

And don’t forget to vote in the TWIPYs if you haven’t already! https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/

#27 3 years ago

No Uncle Pinball's Podcast? hrrm

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

No Uncle Pinball's Podcast? hrrm

I didn't even know that podcast existed. Thanks for letting me know about it. I've added it to the TWIP Promoters DB: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/uncle-pinballs-podcast/

Go and give it a listen and please review!

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from yemons:

I didn't even know that podcast existed. Thanks for letting me know about it. I've added it to the TWIP Promoters DB:

Thanks Daddio! Interview with Tim Arnold just dropped!

#30 3 years ago

How about 2 new categories for next year or possibly add them this year:
    1- Best & Worst Quality Control Department from a pinball manufacturer. You know, like playfields ect.
    2- Best and Worst Customer Service Department from a pinball company. Like, who actually answers the phone or contacts you back with help.
    Pinsiders all know the prices of these new pins each year and I think it would be interesting to see these results.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

How about 2 new categories for next year or possibly add them this year:
    1- Best & Worst Quality Control Department from a pinball manufacturer. You know, like playfields ect.
    2- Best and Worst Customer Service Department from a pinball company. Like, who actually answers the phone or contacts you back with help.
    Pinsiders all know the prices of these new pins each year and I think it would be interesting to see these results.

That award show goes on via Pinside Every day. Seems redundant.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

That award show goes on via Pinside Every day. Seems redundant.

Thanks for pointing that out to me, I didn't know.

#33 3 years ago

TWIPY Voting Ends Sunday at Midnight!! Vote Now!!

Direct voting link: https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/

More info: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/the-twipy-pinball-awards-a-celebration-of-the-hobby-voting-ends-sunday-at-midnight-vote-now/

- The TWIPY Pinball Awards Show will take place March 27th at 8:00PM Eastern
    - Proceeds to go to Location Pinball
    - LIVE Social Media Interaction
    - Film/Music Celebrity Presenters
    - Surprise Guests
    - Acceptance Speeches
    - Over 5,000 Votes from Across the World!

2020 TWIPY Logo (resized).png2020 TWIPY Logo (resized).png2020-TWIPY-Cheat-Sheet-3.png2020-TWIPY-Cheat-Sheet-3.png
    #34 3 years ago

TWIPY Voting is now CLOSED! We had over 5,500 votes worldwide!

Now starts the voting verification process and preparation for the TWIPY Awards Show that will take place March 27th at 8:00PM Eastern!!

We will have:

FILM/MUSIC CELEBRITY PRESENTERS
    SURPRISE GUESTS
    ACCEPTANCE SPEECHES

Mark your calendars!

4 weeks later
    #35 3 years ago

23 DAYS.

The new TWIPY trophies and finalist plaques have arrived!!

The TWIPY Pinball Awards Show takes place March 27th at 8PM Eastern - mark your calendars!!

#twipys

IMG_5199 (resized).JPGIMG_5199 (resized).JPGIMG_5200 (resized).jpgIMG_5200 (resized).jpgIMG_5201 (resized).jpgIMG_5201 (resized).jpgIMG_5202 (resized).jpgIMG_5202 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #36 3 years ago

Coming March 27th!! And if you watch close there is either a "hint" or a "troll" in the video...

#37 3 years ago

The TWIPY Pinball Awards Virtual Program - celebrate the pinball hobby with everyone next Saturday, March 27th!!

TWIPY 2020 Program (resized).pngTWIPY 2020 Program (resized).png
    #38 3 years ago

As you get ready for the TWIPYS don't forget about the swag you will need to celebrate all things pinball! Profits go to pinball locations that are in need of help. #twipys

https://twipys.com/shop/

unisex-tri-blend-t-shirt-charcoal-black-triblend-5ff4944e8d49a_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpgunisex-tri-blend-t-shirt-charcoal-black-triblend-5ff4944e8d49a_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg

kiss-cut-stickers-5.5x5.5-5feb7c9220d4f_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpgkiss-cut-stickers-5.5x5.5-5feb7c9220d4f_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpgenamel-mug-white-12oz-5feb7a8ee93cc_740x (resized).jpgenamel-mug-white-12oz-5feb7a8ee93cc_740x (resized).jpg

#39 2 years ago

TWIPY Game of the year predictions... top 5 in order of votes that will be received
    1. Avenger's Infinity Quest
    2. Guns N' Roses
    3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    4. Stranger Things
    5. Rick and Morty

#40 2 years ago

TWIPY Game of the year predictions... top 5 in order of votes that will be received
    1. Guns N' Roses
    2. Avenger's Infinity Quest
    3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    4. Rick and Morty
    5. Hot Wheels

#41 2 years ago

We’re doing a fun challenge this year for the TWIPYs – name the TOP FIVE finishers for the Game of the Year IN ORDER and you will be entered in to win a TWIPYs prize pack!

You can post your picks with #twipys to either Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube – OR just post them here in this thread!!

TWIPYS-Contest-Swag-1 (resized).jpgTWIPYS-Contest-Swag-1 (resized).jpg
    #42 2 years ago

My guess at the top 5 games in order of selection:
    1. Guns and Roses
    2. Avengers IQ
    3. TMNT
    4. Rick and Morty
    5. Stranger Things

#43 2 years ago

1. Guns N' Roses
    2. Avenger's Infinity Quest
    3. Rick and Morty
    4. Stranger Things
    5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

#44 2 years ago

My guess at the top 5 games in order of selection:
    1. Guns and Roses
    2. Avengers IQ
    3. TMNT
    4. Stranger Things
    5. Rick and Morty

#45 2 years ago

My guess...

1. Guns and Roses
    2. Avengers
    3. Rick and Morty
    4. Stranger Things
    5. TMNT

#46 2 years ago

Note that this is not my personal ranking, but how I think the Game of the Year will go:

1. Guns and Roses
    2. Rick and Morty
    3. Avengers
    4. TMNT
    5. Stranger Things

#47 2 years ago

1. GNR
    2. Avengers
    3. TMNT
    4. Rick & Morty
    5. Hot Wheels

My personal favorite rankings would actually be Avengers, R&M, TMNT, HW, GNR, ST. JJP voters will be unified though.

#48 2 years ago

1. Guns N Roses
    2. Avengers
    3. Turtles
    4. Rick and Morty
    5. Stranger Things

#49 2 years ago

My top 5 guess:
    1) GNR
    2) AIQ
    3) Rick and Morty
    4) TMNT
    5) Stranger Things

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jomo33:

My personal favorite rankings would actually be Avengers, R&M, TMNT, HW, GNR, ST. JJP voters will be unified though.

Alas ... poor Stern. The downside of so many game offerings.

There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twipys-are-back-for-a-4th-year-pre-voting-starts-tomorrow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.