Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

letitgo.jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    6665A520-D4C7-4684-8007-86346EE15FD3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademrs:

I was once a regular listener of Kaneda and even was a Patreon subscriber to his shows but he gradually wore on me with is negativity. So much so that I was constantly reminded that I did not have to listen to "Special K". That is sage advice. Unfortunately, I did not heed it and I listened to his #400 podcast. That one exemplified all the things that I find irritating about him. His incessant boasting was nauseating. He constantly proclaimed himself to be a self appointed guardian of pinball and chided that we should be glad that he, unlike all other podcasters, is looking out for us. Does he ever listen to himself? Don't his listeners find it sadly amusing that he claims "I get $300. an hour" but then he asks them to make donations so that he can take his wife to dinner. He tells the manufacturers that they cannot run their business without his help. If they don't accept his offer he then proceeds to bash their product; he once admitted that he does have a vendetta against American Pinball because they slighted him by not calling him for his help. But, beyond his self proclaimed expertise as a marketing 'expert', what are his qualifications for running any company? I doubt he has ever built, designed or created anything mechanical in his life, especially a pinball machine. To be clear, I'm not saying he is a terrible or 'mean' person (the topic of another one of his recent 'poor me' podcasts) though I do understand why others may think so. What I am saying is that what he says is often needlessly sarcastic and overly critical. Besides ripping manufacturers, have you heard him describe other podcasters' efforts? And yet, he wonders why few, if any, will come on his podcasts. He just needs to listen to himself. He frequently badmouths people in general that are on Pinside and questions why people spend so much time on it. If it is such a waste of time, why then is it that he is so very much aware of everything that is on the site? He says people are getting angry and yes, they are. It seems to me though that he is instigating much of it by 'role modelling' the same bad behavior that he decries. If you don't build a game the way he wants it, all he does is bitch about it. His comments, like those in #400, frequently have so much insincerity and wallowing in alternating bouts of self aggrandizement and self pity that they are hard to ignore. So henceforth I will take all the good advice, freely given, and choose to simply ignore him and his antics. I know he won't miss me and likewise I will not miss him. And yes, I am no longer a Patreon of him. One last point though. I just find it hard to believe that he is the TWIP winner for 2 years now. Now, he is the only podcaster that is already actively campaigning to be number 1 again. I do hope the voters send a message by not voting for him because he could really benefit from a dose of humility.

A paragraph or two would have been nice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twipy-podcaster-award?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.