(Topic ID: 348035)

TWIPY media categories removed, this is why we can’t have nice things!

By PantherCityPins

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you agree with removing the media categories from the Twipys?”

• Yes, there was too much toxicity around the awards. 30 votes
      13%
    • No, the categories should be kept the same regardless of any one person’s behavior. 112 votes
      48%
    • Who the hell cares, it’s a stupid plastic trophy! 90 votes
      39%

(232 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

applause.gif
    IMG_2423 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    609smh (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 12.04.11?PM (resized).png
    main-qimg-7f33e25a1467c3b36ededd30ec13dc81-lq (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20231213_144900_Messenger (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1702497983076 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_141146_Facebook (resized).jpg
    20231213_140954 (resized).jpg
    ChrisKooluris (resized).jpg
    IMG_5348 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1353.gif
    giphy (8).gif
    IMG_6778 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 627 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.
    #351 4 months ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I was going to bring up the fact he gets banned on Challenger forums too lol.
    And yes, I think he looks like a clown.

Neo Geo forum as well.

#352 4 months ago

This is just my perspective as someone who knows nothing about what is happening behind the scenes, only what is directly known:

Kaneda got banned from several forums for trolling. Though frankly his trolling behavior here was but a fraction of other people here, but because he got banned from KLOV and there are members here from that forum, his leash was very short.
    So they forced him off all platforms, and as a result he made his own platform.

People continued to complain about him, for some reason they couldn't just 'not listen', and continued to poke at him even though he was gone

There were continual cheap shots going back and forth between people and him, and a large part of those he's owned up to and apologized for to some degree. He is aware that when he drinks he made poor decisions, including one major thing at a tourney I believe.

Because he doesn't tow the pinball motto 'everything is awesome' he's on the outs with pretty much every manufacturer and other podcaster as he's hurting their income. How are podcasters/youtubers/influencers supposed to get kickbacks if someone is pointing out the flaws in games and holding people accountable?

So now fast forward to present. And this is the real crux of the situation. A large majority of the pinball podcasts are saying K is the enemy, don't listen to him, you wouldn't believe what bad things he's done but a) never really saying what he's done usually and b) not actually saying what they have been doing to provoke him. So the listener is left to decide if a) the guy who's trying to profit off the pinball hobby by selling you stuff or by helping out friends in the industry is the one I should trust, of b) the one who isn't trying to sell me anything. And that's the real problem. The whole pinball media except for a minor few are completely in a situation where they can't tell the truth on games due to friends in the industry, them selling the games, or receiving kickbacks for talking about games.

It makes it really hard on the listener/casual observer. K wouldn't have nearly the platform he does if some of the other major podcasts weren't only reporting the positive stuff and avoiding all the issues. I kind of liken it to this...would you listen to a podcast where they talked about stocks, but only if they went up? So they talk about apple every episode until it crashes 40%, then they pretend like it never happened. That's what pinball podcasting is like, just the positive stuff with the issues swept under the rug, lol.

In summary:

It's really hard to take the large majority of pinball media seriously when the ONLY negative thing they complain about in the pinball hobby is Kaneda, lol, the one thing hurting their pocketbook.

#353 4 months ago

AM I SUPPOSED TO READ ALL THAT?
    hqdefault (2) (resized).jpghqdefault (2) (resized).jpg

#354 4 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

Neo Geo forum as well.

Known as one of the most toxic hobby forums in existence, and he got kicked from there...

#355 4 months ago

As a "multi-time TWIPY nominated pinball streamer" (yes I laugh as I type that) I completely agree with this decision. I can only speak for myself but the content creator part of this stopped being fun for me about two years in. People started taking it far too seriously. I enjoyed it when it was just a silly popularity contest done as a celebration of our tiny little hobby. When content creators started taking it seriously it ruined it. It became less about celebration and instead became about validation. The real key of what went wrong is that the nominees cared several orders of magnitude more than the people doing the voting.

#356 4 months ago
    Quoted from Venetic:

I personally don't think any awards from anyone are needed, always weirded me out that they exist for a pretty niche hobby. If it were a huge industry with millions of people paying attention, then maybe? But as it stands I think its more of a detriment, and no one really makes any serious money making this type of content, so I would hope folks are doing it solely for the fun of it and potential of meeting like minded friends, and not for the sake of internet validation. I can only speak from my own experiences, so it may not be the best take? I felt our success during the pandemic was validated by the people who wanted to chat with us and be friends, and for me that was more than plenty. All the toxicity and competitiveness around content creation burned me out and turned me off to the whole of streaming, and in retrospect I wish I had been better at just tuning it all out and doing our own thing.
    -Fliptronic

Yep. I think the only reason I've been able to stream for as many years as I have is because for the most part I just exist in my own little bubble. People come hang out, I meet up with folks at cons, and I pay as little attention as possible as to what happens outside of that.

-PBU

#357 4 months ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

This is just my perspective as someone who knows nothing about what is happening behind the scenes, only what is directly known:
    Kaneda got banned from several forums for trolling. Though frankly his trolling behavior here was but a fraction of other people here, but because he got banned from KLOV and there are members here from that forum, his leash was very short.
    So they forced him off all platforms, and as a result he made his own platform.
    People continued to complain about him, for some reason they couldn't just 'not listen', and continued to poke at him even though he was gone
    There were continual cheap shots going back and forth between people and him, and a large part of those he's owned up to and apologized for to some degree. He is aware that when he drinks he made poor decisions, including one major thing at a tourney I believe.
    Because he doesn't tow the pinball motto 'everything is awesome' he's on the outs with pretty much every manufacturer and other podcaster as he's hurting their income. How are podcasters/youtubers/influencers supposed to get kickbacks if someone is pointing out the flaws in games and holding people accountable?
    So now fast forward to present. And this is the real crux of the situation. A large majority of the pinball podcasts are saying K is the enemy, don't listen to him, you wouldn't believe what bad things he's done but a) never really saying what he's done usually and b) not actually saying what they have been doing to provoke him. So the listener is left to decide if a) the guy who's trying to profit off the pinball hobby by selling you stuff or by helping out friends in the industry is the one I should trust, of b) the one who isn't trying to sell me anything. And that's the real problem. The whole pinball media except for a minor few are completely in a situation where they can't tell the truth on games due to friends in the industry, them selling the games, or receiving kickbacks for talking about games.
    It makes it really hard on the listener/casual observer. K wouldn't have nearly the platform he does if some of the other major podcasts weren't only reporting the positive stuff and avoiding all the issues. I kind of liken it to this...would you listen to a podcast where they talked about stocks, but only if they went up? So they talk about apple every episode until it crashes 40%, then they pretend like it never happened. That's what pinball podcasting is like, just the positive stuff with the issues swept under the rug, lol.
    In summary:
    It's really hard to take the large majority of pinball media seriously when the ONLY negative thing they complain about in the pinball hobby is Kaneda, lol, the one thing hurting their pocketbook.

You don’t listen to Buffalo Pinball, obviously - they aren’t 100% roses. They keep it real

#358 4 months ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Because he doesn't tow the pinball motto 'everything is awesome' he's on the outs with pretty much every manufacturer and other podcaster as he's hurting their income.

No, he's "on the outs" because he makes cheap shots, drinks, makes poor decisions, including being a complete ass at a tourney, and apparently can't handle rejection very well at all. Has nothing to do with income... his 700 fans are a drop in the pinball marketplace bucket.

#359 4 months ago

Wouldn't it have been easier if TWIPY followed Oscars?

Have as many categories as you want.

But all votes done by a committee.

That would have created the outcome they desired as they could have chosen any of the many podcasters for best podcaster.

#360 4 months ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wouldn't it have been easier if TWIPY followed Oscars?
    Have as many categories as you want.
    But all votes done by a committee.
    That would have created the outcome they desired as they could have chosen any of the many podcasters for best podcaster.

In other words, just manipulate the vote. Sounds great!

#361 4 months ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Everybody makes mistakes and says some dumb shit right? Chris's problem is that he never learns from those mistakes, he constantly pisses people off and says hurtful crap (not always when drunk) and then apologizes and expects everything to be okay. When people don't accept his apology, he plays the victim very well. Yes, he has grown and matured but he still does this and he's done this so many times you lose track. Some humbleness and humility would go a long way for him.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#362 4 months ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

In other words, just manipulate the vote. Sounds great!

Same as most other award ceremonies!!

#363 4 months ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

You don’t listen to Buffalo Pinball, obviously - they aren’t 100% roses. They keep it real

They shill for JJP/P3 big time because they are sponsored by them. But they do keep it real for the other companies who don't give them money/discounts.

#364 4 months ago

If you're looking for a pinball podcast that doesn't shill for a company, try Slam Tilt. Those guys don't pull punches.

#365 4 months ago

He's evolving. I watched his latest Spooky live reaction. "hmmm yeaaa I don't know, let me gather my thoughts." Seemed like he was holding back because Spooky are good guys and they've been nice with him. He always complains about lack of innovative mechs, but this time he passed. Maybe some change for the better.

Bragging about a hungover from being wasted and posting drunk, slurring videos is fine, but you got a kid now. Time spent with your family sober is much better for you and them.

#366 4 months ago
    Quoted from dpadam450:

He's evolving. I watched his latest Spooky live reaction. "hmmm yeaaa I don't know, let me gather my thoughts." Seemed like he was holding back because Spooky are good guys and they've been nice with him.

So you're saying he's a shill.....

#368 4 months ago

The TWIPYS need to be cancelled. Enough said.

#369 4 months ago

Honestly who cares about the TWIPYS anymore.

#370 4 months ago
    Quoted from AnimeDude892:

Honestly who cares about the TWIPYS anymore.

Kaneda apparently.

#371 4 months ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

The TWIPYs are so vicious because the stakes are so small.

This!
    It’s a shame, but that’s human nature.

#372 4 months ago

Not sure who cares more, Kaneda or the guy that bought the twipys just to cancel them....

#373 4 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Not sure who cares more, Kaneda or the guy that bought the twipys just to cancel them....

Buyer didn't cancel the twipys, he just canceled chris's category.

#374 4 months ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Buyer didn't cancel the twipys, he just canceled chris's category.

And he didn't even do that.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 12.52.11?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-12-10 at 12.52.11?PM (resized).png

https://twipys.com/2023-twipy-pinball-awards/

#375 4 months ago

I still find all of this hilarious.

#376 4 months ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Who is responsible for removing the categories and changing the award ceremony? Who did this. I’m curious.

It was Colin but since it was kanada, pinside is doing mental gymnastics to justify immaturity from someone who should have known better but they did it.

#377 4 months ago

Pinside has what I now calling Kanada Derangement Syndrome, KDS.

Everytime Kanada gets brought up it manifest itself.

#378 4 months ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Bmad has K-loveitis

#379 4 months ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Kaneda, is that you??

#380 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Kaneda, is that you??

No.

#381 4 months ago

That’s exactly what he would say.

#382 4 months ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

So you're saying he's a shill.....

Well no.... because he doesn't directly profit off of the distributors or manufacturers.

I feel like pinball has always been a bit sketchy.

Kaneda is bad for business so he gets vilified by an industry that doesn't want you to think too much about the quality or cost of their products. Buy! Buy! Buy!

This makes Kaneda defensive like most voice in the wilderness types become.

If you listen to his podcasts he can come off as a bit of a broken record but only because the manufacturers keep doing the same crap.

Here's the gist of his manifesto lately for those that can't be bothered:

Prices are too high for what you get. Prices might be justified if machines were actually rare (Stern seems hell bent on killing rarity lately) or if they had better theme integration or better mechs that interacted with the ball. Instead we get over priced games where shots are the new toys, unfinished code, bad NIB quality, or missed (sometimes by YEARS) shipping deadlines. And if you succumb to FOMO you're going to lose your shirt in the secondary market on anything but the most popular titles if you try to sell because NIB pricing doesn't reflect true value at the moment.

He may rub people the wrong way but he's not wrong.

Oh and as my wife pointed out...he also calls for transparency regarding the manufacturing capabilities of the boutique builders so we can make more informed determination of lead times when it comes time to make purchasing decisions. Unless you're into Ponzi schemes this also seems reasonable.

#383 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Kaneda, is that you??

It can't be. His posts have been too succinct.

#384 4 months ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:

Well no.... because he doesn't directly profit off of the distributors or manufacturers.
    Kaneda is bad for business so he gets vilified by an industry that doesn't want you to think too much about the quality or cost of their products. Buy! Buy! Buy!
    If you listen to his podcasts he can come off as a bit of a broken record but only because the manufacturers keep doing the same crap.
    Prices are too high for what you get. Prices might be justified if machines were actually rare (Stern seems hell bent on killing rarity lately) or if they had better theme integration or better mechs that interacted with the ball. Instead we get over priced games where shots are the new toys, unfinished code, bad NIB quality, or missed (sometimes by YEARS) shipping deadlines. And if you succumb to FOMO you're going to lose your shirt in the secondary market on anything but the most popular titles if you try to sell because NIB pricing doesn't reflect true value at the moment.
    Oh and as my wife pointed out...he also calls for transparency regarding the manufacturing capabilities of the boutique builders so we can make more informed determination of lead times when it comes time to make purchasing decisions. Unless you're into Ponzi schemes this also seems reasonable.

Yes, this is the narrative among the Kaneda followers. He is the lone voice in the wilderness, crying out against the all powerful pinball manufacturer machine. All the other podcasters are just shills and thus we should excuse his infantile behavior because he is the only one to bring balance to the force.

Problem is, it isn't true. There are at least three podcasts I can give you that are definitely not shilling for the manufacturers and call the good and bad like they see it. Slam Tilt, Eclectic Gamers and Poor Man's. I personally feel Buffalo Pinball also does a good job but they do seem to have a soft spot for JJP so I'll leave them out for the sake of argument. I haven't started listening to Don's yet, I've heard it is good also though.

The bottom line for me is that what Kaneda brings as a positive to the hobby is far outweighed by the negatives that come along with him. I would put a decent wager that there is a lot more behavior behind the scenes that the general Pinside public doesn't know about. Zach Meny has accused him of harrassing his family, we know that he released Colin's personal email address (he admitted to that on a recent livestream) and threatened to release his personal cell phone number. He since deleted the post on Facebook but the screenshot is in this thread. He's been kicked out of pinball events before for poor behavior and we haven't even begun to discuss all the poor behavior that resulted in his banning from multiple online communities, including this one. And that's just his own personal actions, who knows what his "army" has done on his behalf (I fully understand he can't control other people, but as the figurehead he has to be held somewhat responsible for the environment he creates).

Anyhow, to each his own, I don't pay for his podcasts, I do listen to his FB live streams now and again but generally fast forward to any pinball news. He does seem to leak a lot of information but there is debate as to how accurate it all is.

I thought it was funny, I was listening to the Poor Man's Podcast today and the host said that if the Twipys were reinstated that Kaneda wouldn't be a d!ck anymore (his words, not mine). Fat chance of that lol. If he hasn't learned his lesson in the past 10 years why would you think he would start now??

I can't see the categories coming back now, too much has happened for them to back off and reinstate them. Maybe someone else will start some pinball media awards but God help them if they aren't a completely neutral party, the pitchforks will be out immediately on both sides.

#385 4 months ago

The bottom line for me is that what Kaneda brings as a positive to the hobby is far outweighed by the negatives that come along with him. I would put a decent wager that there is a lot more behavior behind the scenes that the general Pinside public doesn't know about.

I suppose it's possible that Kaneda killed the Archduke Ferdinand sparking WWI as well....

***eyeroll***

#386 4 months ago

The bottom line for me is that what Kaneda brings as a positive to the hobby is far outweighed by the negatives that come along with him. I would put a decent wager that there is a lot more behavior behind the scenes that the general Pinside public doesn't know about. Zach Meny has accused him of harrassing his family, we know that he released Colin's personal email address (he admitted to that on a recent livestream) and threatened to release his personal cell phone number. He since deleted the post on Facebook but the screenshot is in this thread. He's been kicked out of pinball events before for poor behavior and we haven't even begun to discuss all the poor behavior that resulted in his banning from multiple online communities, including this one. And that's just his own personal actions, who knows what his "army" has done on his behalf (I fully understand he can't control other people, but as the figurehead he has to be held somewhat responsible for the environment he creates).

You point out that stuff, but what does that have to do with me, average joe consumer? I don't care really care who he's bickering with behind the scenes, people on this website have been WAY meaner to me here than Kaneda, who's never done anything to me (and probably 99.9% of the people on this website). But he is voicing concerns about pricing, quality, etc that actually do affect me, while not adding 1.5 hours of tournament talk and other stuff to the podcast.

#387 4 months ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:

I suppose it's possible that Kaneda killed the Archduke Ferdinand sparking WWI as well....
    ***eyeroll***

Nope! He's not old enough!

It is important to understand the positives and negatives behind the situation though, isn't it?

#388 4 months ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

You point out that stuff, but what does that have to do with me, average joe consumer? I don't care really care who he's bickering with behind the scenes, people on this website have been WAY meaner to me here than Kaneda, who's never done anything to me (and probably 99.9% of the people on this website). But he is voicing concerns about pricing, quality, etc that actually do affect me, while not adding 1.5 hours of tournament talk and other stuff to the podcast.

1. It doesn't have anything to do with you if you are average joe consumer of pinball, assuming you don't listen to podcasts.
    2. If you do listen to podcasts then the argument that "it doesn't affect you, just don't listen" doesn't really work because his actions affect the other podcasters. He seems to seek out drama and often cause it. So, his drama leaks into the other podcasts and then it does start to affect you, even if you don't listen to Kaneda himself. Right now almost every podcast has a segment on this drama. You can't escape it if you listen to pinball podcasts at all.
    3. This problem/issue has been simmering for years now. This is not a new thing. The simmer finally came to a boil and now has spilled over and certainly has affected the whole community now that the media categories have been removed. We can debate whether that was a reasonable reaction or not (I happen to think it was an over reaction), but there is no denying that the source of the whole thing starts with one person.

Again, my point is simply that if you want a podcast that gives a balanced perspective on the hobby and the pinball market/manufacturers, there are multiple ones out there for you to consume. The argument that Kaneda is the only one out there criticizing the pinball manufacturers and calling a turd a turd simply isn't true.

#389 4 months ago

Seriously, in the grand scheme of life, pinball podcasts register on the radar of most, as a super low priority in anyone's life. Do something in life, not for a trophy of some sort, but to make a difference. Unfortunately, like the jr high playground, pinball has its clicks. It always devolves into tribalism.

#390 4 months ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

meh, I ignore the TWIPY anyways. It's dumb

Never even heard of it until now and nor do I care. Just enjoy your games.

John

#391 4 months ago

It is amazing kanada started the podcast as a weapon to fight back at being kicked off and banned from pinside. With all his fake accounts and no way to really keep this guy out, i kinda weened myself from being on this forum at all. Reminds me of a couple fools on RGP mega trolls that just killed it for all.
    People that think kanada is smart, clever, a straight shooter or has any morals is a bit dim in my eyes.

Im glad he finally pissed someone off that will not be afraid to fight back. Cancel all the media awards and everyone knows who da bad guy is, try as hard as you may to twist the truth but your not fooling me or anyone with half a brain.

It blows my mind that people contribute financially to this guy.
    SHAME !!!!!!on you

#392 4 months ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:

He’s bad for business… I guess when someone talks extensively about products that they have little to no hands on experience with, that would be bad for business.

Imagine listening to someone rail on a board game, only to find out they never cracked the box, can’t talk intelligently about the actual rules of the game. Heck… never even played the game.

Doesn’t make sense, does it.

#393 4 months ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

He’s bad for business… I guess when someone talks extensively about products that they have little to no hands on experience with, that would be bad for business.
    Imagine listening to someone rail on a board game, only to find out they never cracked the box, can’t talk intelligently about the actual rules of the game. Heck… never even played the game.
    Doesn’t make sense, does it.

I dont need to own a TS 4 to know its not with $15,000 in value. Venom ETC. Shots are the new mechs..

#394 4 months ago

After awhile I think it's important to separate the message from the messenger.

I understand why some people don't like him. And could he possibly catch more flies with honey vs his current approach? Most definitely.

But if you actually listen to him and distill it down to:

Prices are too high for what you get. Prices might be justified if machines were actually rare (Stern seems hell bent on killing rarity lately) or if they had better theme integration or better mechs that interacted with the ball. Instead we get over priced games where shots are the new toys, unfinished code, bad NIB quality, or missed (sometimes by YEARS) shipping deadlines. In general boutique manufacturers should be more transparent about their manufacturing capabilities. And if you succumb to FOMO you're going to lose your shirt in the secondary market on anything but the most popular titles if you try to sell because NIB pricing doesn't reflect true value at the moment.

Is any of the above an unreasonable take? Should Venom cost as much as Godzilla with less in the game? Should a boutique builder run what outwardly looks like a ponzi scheme? Is it okay to buy half of the assets on a theme and half ass the rest? Everybody can see recent price trends. How's that initial Stern build quality nowadays working out for you?

I personally think we should demand more for what we're paying. If you disagree money probably means less to you than it does to me. Which is fine.

#395 4 months ago
    Quoted from AMartin56:

After awhile I think it's important to separate the message from the messenger.
    I understand why some people don't like him. And could he possibly catch more flies with honey vs his current approach? Most definitely.
    But if you actually listen to him and distill it down to:
    Prices are too high for what you get. Prices might be justified if machines were actually rare (Stern seems hell bent on killing rarity lately) or if they had better theme integration or better mechs that interacted with the ball. Instead we get over priced games where shots are the new toys, unfinished code, bad NIB quality, or missed (sometimes by YEARS) shipping deadlines. In general boutique manufacturers should be more transparent about their manufacturing capabilities. And if you succumb to FOMO you're going to lose your shirt in the secondary market on anything but the most popular titles if you try to sell because NIB pricing doesn't reflect true value at the moment.
    Is any of the above an unreasonable take? Should Venom cost as much as Godzilla with less in the game? Should a boutique builder run what outwardly looks like a ponzi scheme? Is it okay to buy half of the assets on a theme and half ass the rest? Everybody can see recent price trends. How's that initial Stern build quality nowadays working out for you?
    I personally think we should demand more for what we're paying. If you disagree money probably means less to you than it does to me. Which is fine.

People can complain all they want - the fact is consumers drive the boat and make all of this behavior possible.

You have a lot of new sterns in your collection. Unless you've purchased secondhand at steep discounts, prices apparently aren't too high for what you get. No one is forcing anyone to buy NIB games, they certainly arent necessities, yet they keep being purchased at a clip that allows these companies to continue on their current course.

But, none of that changes the fact of why someone might be considered a bit of an outcast. It has nothing to with opinions that are generally echoed elsewhere, and has everything to do with how they interact with and communicate with others. That's the issue.

#396 4 months ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

It is amazing kanada started the podcast as a weapon to fight back at being kicked off and banned from pinside. With all his fake accounts and no way to really keep this guy out, i kinda weened myself from being on this forum at all. Reminds me of a couple fools on RGP mega trolls that just killed it for all.
    People that think kanada is smart, clever, a straight shooter or has any morals is a bit dim in my eyes.
    Im glad he finally pissed someone off that will not be afraid to fight back. Cancel all the media awards and everyone knows who da bad guy is, try as hard as you may to twist the truth but your not fooling me or anyone with half a brain.
    It blows my mind that people contribute financially to this guy.
    SHAME !!!!!!on you

“People say things I don’t approve of and don’t want to hear, and other people actually listen to them! …for the love of humanity this needs to STOP! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

#397 4 months ago

At the end of the day kaneda is a jackass that doesn’t deserve my respect. I could not care less what he has to say in his podcast. It’s really not that important to me. Not sure why we even call him kaneda. Because he likes it and feeds his ego? In Japanese Kaneda means gold, money or metal. Stop feeding his narcissism

Just call him Chris from now on. That’s all he is

#398 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

Just call him Chris from now on. That’s all he is

That’ll teach him! LOL

#399 4 months ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

People can complain all they want - the fact is consumers drive the boat and make all of this behavior possible.
    You have a lot of new sterns in your collection. Unless you've purchased secondhand at steep discounts, prices apparently aren't too high for what you get. No one is forcing anyone to buy NIB games, they certainly arent necessities, yet they keep being purchased at a clip that allows these companies to continue on their current course.
    But, none of that changes the fact of why someone might be considered a bit of an outcast. It has nothing to with opinions that are generally echoed elsewhere, and has everything to do with how they interact with and communicate with others. That's the issue. Look, I don't know the guy any more than you do, but I do know that there have been situations where he hasn't treated others with respect. And that's important.
    People deserve second chances in life. I totally believe that. But, it's hard to blame others if there are repeated instances where that respect line gets crossed. I guess there are some folks out there that welcome and want clashes in their life... maybe that's an attractor. But, I think most people have enough going on that they aren't looking to introduce even more stress into their world.

Personally I think people are just as rude to each other here in this forum but I digress...

Two of my games were NIB. One was what I guess we'd call NOS. Others were used HUO. I'm second owner on one...third on the other. One NIB had one bad opto and needed a few adjustments..The other was a total lemon that required close to 20 hours of troubleshooting and multiple part deliveries to make it stop locking up.

None of them were less than two ish years from their initial release dates (with the majority bring closer to 4-5 years) and had well established reputations...meaning they weren't purchased due to FOMO. I was able to play all of them other than The Beatles prior to purchase and it was more of a vanity buy for a Beatles fan than anything else. And I think my collection represents Stern's greatest hits from 2018 to the present with nothing released since Godzilla interesting me AT ALL due to what I consider declining themes and lesser BOM. Maybe Jaws will break that trend. But I doubt it.

So Kaneda's message speaks to me. I get that it might not appeal to everyone. I enjoy pinball but I'm not obsessed with it. If someone is they might overlook all this value loss because they really want pinball to keep happening .I'm more stoic about it and can't afford to give my money away for low effort machines.

#400 4 months ago

And that's just his own personal actions, who knows what his "army" has done on his behalf .

At press time, they currently have 23 hostages, and talks for their peaceful surrender are being facilitated by the Chief Crisis Negotiator of the Price Police.

There are 627 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twipy-media-categories-removed-this-is-why-we-cant-have-nice-things/page/8?hl=acinbc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.