(Topic ID: 348035)

TWIPY media categories removed, this is why we can’t have nice things!

By PantherCityPins

82 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you agree with removing the media categories from the Twipys?”

• Yes, there was too much toxicity around the awards. 30 votes
      13%
    • No, the categories should be kept the same regardless of any one person’s behavior. 112 votes
      48%
    • Who the hell cares, it’s a stupid plastic trophy! 90 votes
      39%

(232 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

applause.gif
    IMG_2423 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    609smh (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 12.04.11?PM (resized).png
    main-qimg-7f33e25a1467c3b36ededd30ec13dc81-lq (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20231213_144900_Messenger (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1702497983076 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_141146_Facebook (resized).jpg
    20231213_140954 (resized).jpg
    ChrisKooluris (resized).jpg
    IMG_5348 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1353.gif
    giphy (8).gif
    IMG_6778 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 627 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
    #151 82 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I dunno man, its really easy to write off producing a podcast or youtube video as "not real work" and "easy" but I feel like thats just completely false. You have to be able to put your thoughts out in a coherent and engaging manner (something I struggle with) and keep it up for the duration of the content. Plus there is a ton of editing, research sometimes, ect. Anyone can't just pick up a mic, say some stuff, and bam there you go a finished product. I mean...some people do and they make terrible content. Its not hard to distinguish between a well made show and a poorly made show. It does require work and meanwhile most people are paid absolutely nothing for it as well.

Agree 100%. Making content is hard work and there should be some recognition of those who do it well and contribute to the hobby. Unfortunately it seems the actions of a few are removing that recognition for all. Oh well.

#152 82 days ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

shoyu vs. shio vs. miso

This person knows !

#153 82 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I dunno man, its really easy to write off producing a podcast or youtube video as "not real work" and "easy" but I feel like thats just completely false. You have to be able to put your thoughts out in a coherent and engaging manner (something I struggle with) and keep it up for the duration of the content. Plus there is a ton of editing, research sometimes, ect. Anyone can't just pick up a mic, say some stuff, and bam there you go a finished product. I mean...some people do and they make terrible content. Its not hard to distinguish between a well made show and a poorly made show. It does require work and meanwhile most people are paid absolutely nothing for it as well.
    I mean you might as well say being a good journalist isn't hard work, or being a good TV producer isn't hard work, ect.

I’ve been on several pinball podcasts. I’ve blathered on for an hour and then listened to it.

The 3 hour podcast I did on deep root was uploaded virtually unedited - they removed one comment
    I asked them to.

Generally there seems to be virtually no editing or anything else that would constitute “hard work.”

It doesn’t seem like hard work, or any more difficult than the content I create on a daily basis here. We do this shit because it’s fun, not because we are making sacrifices to create content for the pinball community. Claiming otherwise seems disingenuous.

#154 82 days ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

BUT...I wanted to win a third twipy maybe......!

I’m gonna start my own awards show and call it the Twottys. Now to come up with an acronym…

#155 82 days ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Agree 100%. Making content is hard work and there should be some recognition of those who do it well and contribute to the hobby. Unfortunately it seems the actions of a few are removing that recognition for all. Oh well.

Recognition can come from follows/subs/patreons etc imo, I never took any award nominations as meaning much back when I was streaming.

I’m gonna start my own awards show and call it the Twottys. Now to come up with an acronym…

This Weeks Other Toddler Tantrums You'll See

#156 82 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve been on pinball podcasts. I’ve blathered on for an hour and then listened to it.
    The 3 hour podcast I did on deep root was uploaded virtually unedited - they removed one comment
    I asked them to.
    Generally there’s virtually no editing or anything else that would constitute “hard work.”
    Pretending that any of this stuff is difficult doesn’t ring true to me at all. I mean yeah, you have to press start. You have to upload it.
    Maybe you even have to edit it a little, though in my experience there’s very little of that. Maybe you even have to make a clickbait title screen.
    It’s hard work? I’d love to see what your hands look like!

Yes I remember your podcast. It was fine. A bit sloppy. Not everyone is you though and will fill up a hour with 45 minutes of "uhh's" and "Umm's" not to mention you just did it like 1 time. Do it every week or multiple times a week. I mean dude you're just flat wrong about this. Any well produced content is going to require skills and editing and a host(s) that isn't a marble mouth every other word and at least talks about something you might have some interest in listening to.

#157 82 days ago
    239c53fb8164dbb7f18a4400a9a2eb40 (resized).jpg239c53fb8164dbb7f18a4400a9a2eb40 (resized).jpg

#158 82 days ago

I was thinking the Pinball Definitive Industry Content Creator Awards, or Pinball D.I.C.Cs for short. There would have to be a category for pinside posting, and Levi would almost certainly win a D.I.C.C.

#159 82 days ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

Are you suggesting categories already?? I’ll have to form a committee or something now…

#160 82 days ago

I think we all know where this is going. It’s time for the TWIP - this week in Pinside awards.

Finally, the great content creators of Pinside (like myself) can have our hard work and all we do for the pinball community recognized.

Feel free to suggest your own categories:

Pinball pricing/bubble burst thread of the year
    Poster of the year
    Best new poster
    Best Rage Quit
    Best pinball investigative Reporting
    Comeback poster of the year
    Post of the year
    Thread of the year
    Best spelling/grammar
    Best drunk post
    Most congenial poster
    Best Prediction

#161 82 days ago

This is the most positive thing I have seen on my phone today. Hopefully, they don’t fix it soon.

IMG_4113 (resized).jpegIMG_4113 (resized).jpeg
    #162 82 days ago

And he’s now live streaming about how he doesn’t care about the Twipys…..while holding a Twipy.
    Can’t make this stuff up!

and you're tuning in to watch it apparently

#163 82 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think we all know where this is going. It’s time for the TWIP - this week in Pinside awards.
    Finally, the great content creators of Pinside (like myself) can have our hard work recognized.
    Feel free to suggest your own categories:
    Poster of the year
    Best new poster
    Comeback poster of the year
    Post of the year
    Thread of the year
    Best spelling/grammar
    Best drunk post
    Most congenial poster

Most Reasonably Written 'Pinball Prices are crashing!' post of the year? too specific?

#164 82 days ago

DUMBEST IDEA EVER. Just cancel the show all together because no one cares. The show doesn't drive sales or move the needle one inch on pinball. Its a two dollar plastic award and you're so over thinking this. When we talk about TOXIC look at pinside can this site get toxic? When we talk about Toxic lets talk about Twitter or Facebook and all the keyboard warriors. You're making a martyr out of ONE MAN with ONE little facebook page who can't post anywhere but his facebook page. ONE MAN who's actually been banned from pinball shows, so his voice is really his facebook page, and his podcast which people have the FREEDOM to choose listen or don't listen THE ONLY people who ever even talked about TWIPPY AWARD was Zach who does nothing but SHILL himself to sell games, and Kaneda who's ego just wanted to win this award. Who else talks about Twippy who cares? Some of the categories are so ridiculous like best place to play pinball like how would anyone in St Louis know if the best place is in New York? Best pinball of the year, when there is only like 4 to choose from wow exciting. People tuned into that show to see who won best streamer because people either loved Jack Danger or hated him, or best podcast because people either hated Kaneda or loved him. We already and I mean almost ALWAYS know who's going to win the awards because there was only 4 games to pick from. DUH! Elton John should SWEEP every category but it won't win because its a popularity contest so Jack Danger will win with Foo Fighters. People in pinball are pissed right now at 15k for Elton John when we didn't even want that theme made, or 13k for Venom which is why no one can sell it, or Stern making multiple re-runs of LE type games driving values down JP - ELVIRA and more. People like Kaneda call that out which is why they're popular. Oh well... you cancelling this category isn't going to change NOTHING. You just made him even more popular than before nothing is changing. You did the opposite by cutting out the categories you already knew he would SWEEP! You know JJP acts like they hate Kaneda but guess what Jack did an interview with him... WHY? Well probably because they want to SELL GAMES. Not rocket science. You know what Kaneda asked him questions no one else would ask, yet Jack with a lot of grace answered the questions. Good for Jack! That shows pinball works even if you don't like someone, or agree with everything they say you can just still be a man and and a promoter and take advantage of the audience. Jack was the bigger man and he did it for the best interest of his new game! Good for him. Today TWIP just showed they're shallow. I won't watch TWIPPY, I won't vote, and I bet the voting will be down by 50%. Just cancel the entire thing, like you trying to cancel things you don't like. Sad day today!

#165 82 days ago
    Quoted from blacklightprod:

DUMBEST IDEA EVER. Just cancel the show all together because no one cares. The show doesn't drive sales or move the needle one inch on pinball. Its a two dollar plastic award and you're so over thinking this. When we talk about TOXIC look at pinside what is MORE toxic than pinside? When we talk about Toxic lets talk about Twitter or Facebook and all the keyboard warriors. You're making a martyr out of ONE MAN with ONE little facebook page who can't post on TOXIC pinside. ONE MAN who's actually been banned from pinball shows, so his voice is really his facebook page, and his podcast which people have the FREEDOM to choose listen or don't listen. BAN pinside ridiculous downvotes which actually encourages people to be toxic to other people. THE ONLY people who ever even talked about TWIPPY AWARD was Zach who does nothing but SHILL himself to sell games, and Kaneda who's ego just wanted to win this award. Who else talks about Twippy who cares? Some of the categories are so ridiculous like best place to play pinball like how would anyone in St Louis know if the best place is in New York? Best pinball of the year, when there is only like 4 to choose from wow exciting. People tuned into that show to see who won best streamer because people either loved Jack Danger or hated him, or best podcast because people either hated Kaneda or loved him. We already and I mean almost ALWAYS know who's going to win the awards because there was only 4 games to pick from. DUH! Elton John should SWEEP every category but it won't win because its a popularity contest so Jack Danger will win with Foo Fighters. People in pinball are pissed right now at 15k for Elton John when we didn't even want that theme made, or 13k for Venom which is why no one can sell it, or Stern making multiple re-runs of LE type games driving values down JP - ELVIRA and more. People like Kaneda call that out which is why they're popular. Oh well... you cancelling this category isn't going to change NOTHING. You just made him even more popular than before nothing is changing. You did the opposite by cutting out the categories you already knew he would SWEEP! You know JJP acts like they hate Kaneda but guess what Jack did an interview with him... WHY? Well probably because they want to SELL GAMES. Not rocket science. You know what Kaneda asked him questions no one else would ask, yet Jack with a lot of grace answered the questions. Good for Jack! That shows pinball works even if you don't like someone, or agree with everything they say you can just still be a man and and a promoter and take advantage of the audience. Jack was the bigger man and he did it for the best interest of his new game! Good for him. Today TWIP just showed they're shallow. I won't watch TWIPPY, I won't vote, and I bet the voting will be down by 50%. Just cancel the entire thing, like you trying to cancel things you don't like. Sad day today!

Dude,
    you need to start a podcast.

#166 82 days ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Most Reasonably Written 'Pinball Prices are crashing!' post of the year? too specific?

All this hard work must have me fatigued. How did I leave that out?! Top of the list now!

#167 82 days ago

you cancelling this category isn't going to change NOTHING.

So it IS changing something?

#168 82 days ago

I think Kaneda needs to set up a booth at the NYC Pinball Championships and have people throw vodka sodas at him.
    (sorry if I posted before)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #169 82 days ago

DUMBEST IDEA EVER. Just cancel the show all together because no one cares. The show doesn't drive sales or move the needle one inch on pinball. Its a two dollar plastic award and you're so over thinking this. When we talk about TOXIC look at pinside can this site get toxic? When we talk about Toxic lets talk about Twitter or Facebook and all the keyboard warriors. You're making a martyr out of ONE MAN with ONE little facebook page who can't post anywhere but his facebook page. ONE MAN who's actually been banned from pinball shows, so his voice is really his facebook page, and his podcast which people have the FREEDOM to choose listen or don't listen THE ONLY people who ever even talked about TWIPPY AWARD was Zach who does nothing but SHILL himself to sell games, and Kaneda who's ego just wanted to win this award. Who else talks about Twippy who cares? Some of the categories are so ridiculous like best place to play pinball like how would anyone in St Louis know if the best place is in New York? Best pinball of the year, when there is only like 4 to choose from wow exciting. People tuned into that show to see who won best streamer because people either loved Jack Danger or hated him, or best podcast because people either hated Kaneda or loved him. We already and I mean almost ALWAYS know who's going to win the awards because there was only 4 games to pick from. DUH! Elton John should SWEEP every category but it won't win because its a popularity contest so Jack Danger will win with Foo Fighters. People in pinball are pissed right now at 15k for Elton John when we didn't even want that theme made, or 13k for Venom which is why no one can sell it, or Stern making multiple re-runs of LE type games driving values down JP - ELVIRA and more. People like Kaneda call that out which is why they're popular. Oh well... you cancelling this category isn't going to change NOTHING. You just made him even more popular than before nothing is changing. You did the opposite by cutting out the categories you already knew he would SWEEP! You know JJP acts like they hate Kaneda but guess what Jack did an interview with him... WHY? Well probably because they want to SELL GAMES. Not rocket science. You know what Kaneda asked him questions no one else would ask, yet Jack with a lot of grace answered the questions. Good for Jack! That shows pinball works even if you don't like someone, or agree with everything they say you can just still be a man and and a promoter and take advantage of the audience. Jack was the bigger man and he did it for the best interest of his new game! Good for him. Today TWIP just showed they're shallow. I won't watch TWIPPY, I won't vote, and I bet the voting will be down by 50%. Just cancel the entire thing, like you trying to cancel things you don't like. Sad day today!

award (resized).jpgaward (resized).jpg
    #170 82 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I mean you might as well say being a good journalist isn't hard work, or being a good TV producer isn't putting in hard work, ect. Yeah, they aren't breaking their pack doing manual labor all day, but that doesn't mean its easy enough that anybody can pick it up and pull it off with any sort of success

the fact is that nearly 700 people in our very small community are paying the guy $5 a month, and he's basically saying the same shit every episode because there's not really pinball news every day or week, so people are paying because they think he's an entertaining / interesting person to listen to for 20 minutes a few times a week. like him or not, there's no one else coming close in the "getting paid to talk pinball" category.

#171 82 days ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Dude,
    you need to start a podcast.

Yes I'm going to and hopefully I can be the reason the TWIPPY two dollar plastic award keeps the category cancelled.

Love or hate Kaneda, he's not ruining pinball, the suppliers are with prices that are SKYHIGH and themes we don't want.

Who wants Elton John for 15k? Who wants Venom for 13k? No one wants Godfather for 15k, or Rush, Foo Fighters rather than NIRVANA. When you're asking for 13 to 15k for a pinball machines and you pick bad themes, you feed people like Kaneda. Does Twippy really think Godfather bombed because of Kaneda? Did Guns N Roses sell 5000 copies because Kaneda praised it? Please... Guns N Roses has a giant fan base and people outside of pinball bought the game because they're mega fans of the band. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE wanted Godfather... Kaneda has ZERO to do with that game bombing at 15k.

No ONE wants to pay 15K for Elton John even though the game looks amazing... its ELTON JOHN not Nirvana, Beastie Boys, Prince, Michael Jackson its ELTON JOHN! Who collects ANYTHING Elton John. JJP is a collector pinball company and you make Godfather which is a movie that no one cares about anymore since Pulp Fiction, Casino, and movies like that replaced it. JJP hurt itself, Stern making yet another Marvel pinball, when Marvel movies are bombing right now. Thats on Stern not kaneda.

Kaneda doesn't influence ANYONE to buy or not to buy anything. TWIPPY just gave him way to much credit.

TWIPPY awards showed they're not for freedom of speech, maybe they're communists who knows, don't care.

Twippy is dead!

#172 82 days ago

Here's the text broken into paragraphs by chatgpt for those who wanted to read it, but not like that:

DUMBEST IDEA EVER. Just cancel the show altogether because no one cares. The show doesn't drive sales or move the needle one inch on pinball. It's a two-dollar plastic award, and you're so overthinking this.

When we talk about TOXIC, look at Pinside. Can this site get toxic? When we talk about Toxic, let's talk about Twitter or Facebook and all the keyboard warriors. You're making a martyr out of ONE MAN with ONE little Facebook page who can't post anywhere but his Facebook page. ONE MAN who's actually been banned from pinball shows, so his voice is really his Facebook page and his podcast, which people have the FREEDOM to choose: listen or don't listen.

THE ONLY people who ever even talked about TWIPPY AWARD was Zach who does nothing but SHILL himself to sell games, and Kaneda, who's ego just wanted to win this award. Who else talks about Twippy? Who cares?

Some of the categories are so ridiculous, like the best place to play pinball. Like how would anyone in St. Louis know if the best place is in New York? Best pinball of the year, when there are only like 4 to choose from. Wow, exciting.

People tuned into that show to see who won the best streamer because people either loved Jack Danger or hated him, or the best podcast because people either hated Kaneda or loved him. We already, and I mean almost ALWAYS, know who's going to win the awards because there were only 4 games to pick from. DUH!

Elton John should SWEEP every category, but it won't win because it's a popularity contest, so Jack Danger will win with Foo Fighters. People in pinball are pissed right now at 15k for Elton John when we didn't even want that theme made, or 13k for Venom, which is why no one can sell it, or Stern making multiple reruns of LE type games driving values down JP - ELVIRA and more. People like Kaneda call that out, which is why they're popular.

Oh well... you canceling this category isn't going to change NOTHING. You just made him even more popular than before; nothing is changing. You did the opposite by cutting out the categories you already knew he would SWEEP!

You know JJP acts like they hate Kaneda, but guess what? Jack did an interview with him... WHY? Well, probably because they want to SELL GAMES. Not rocket science. You know what Kaneda asked him questions no one else would ask, yet Jack with a lot of grace answered the questions. Good for Jack! That shows pinball works even if you don't like someone or agree with everything they say; you can just still be a man and a promoter and take advantage of the audience. Jack was the bigger man, and he did it for the best interest of his new game! Good for him.

Today TWIP just showed they're shallow. I won't watch TWIPPY, I won't vote, and I bet the voting will be down by 50%. Just cancel the entire thing, like you trying to cancel things you don't like. Sad day today!

#173 82 days ago
    Quoted from Venetic:

So it IS changing something

Its not changing if people listen or don't listen to Kaneda on podcast or facebook. I take back what I said actually it really just made him MORE popular, and Twippy pointless.

Only two people even promoted Twippy because they both wanted to win... Kaneda and shill Zach Memy. Stern doesn't care about these awards by the time they award comes out they're already onto a new game.

Stern cares about selling games not plastic awards. An award show is a feel good for the fans, and now you just made the feel good feel pointless. Does anyone need to watch the TWIPPY to know Foo Fighters will win everything, and some place you've never been to will win best place to play pinball? Love or hate Kaneda you tuned into the show to see what crazy thing he was going to say as an acceptance speech or to see if finally Zach might win.

Pointless.

#174 82 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

You have to be able to put your thoughts out in a coherent and engaging manner

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 2.15.13 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-12-06 at 2.15.13 PM (resized).png
    #175 82 days ago

How do you choose which words to all caps?

#176 82 days ago

Hey look its Dr. Frightner. Why haven't you been banned yet for multiple accounts?

#177 82 days ago

Its not changing if people listen or don't listen to Kaneda on podcast or facebook. I take back what I said actually it really just made him MORE popular, and Twippy pointless.
    Only two people even promoted Twippy because they both wanted to win... Kaneda and shill Zach Memy. Stern doesn't care about these awards by the time they award comes out they're already onto a new game.
    Stern cares about selling games not plastic awards. An award show is a feel good for the fans, and now you just made the feel good feel pointless. Does anyone need to watch the TWIPPY to know Foo Fighters will win everything, and some place you've never been to will win best place to play pinball? Love or hate Kaneda you tuned into the show to see what crazy thing he was going to say as an acceptance speech or to see if finally Zach might win.
    Pointless.

I was poking fun at your double negative

Isn't going to change Nothing is the same as saying it is going to change something. The joke clearly went over your head, basically you just needed to put 'is' and not 'isn't' in your statement. Enjoy your day.

#178 82 days ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Here's the text broken into paragraphs by chatgpt for those who wanted to read it, but not like that:
    DUMBEST IDEA EVER. Just cancel the show altogether because no one cares. The show doesn't drive sales or move the needle one inch on pinball. It's a two-dollar plastic award, and you're so overthinking this.
    When we talk about TOXIC, look at Pinside. Can this site get toxic? When we talk about Toxic, let's talk about Twitter or Facebook and all the keyboard warriors. You're making a martyr out of ONE MAN with ONE little Facebook page who can't post anywhere but his Facebook page. ONE MAN who's actually been banned from pinball shows, so his voice is really his Facebook page and his podcast, which people have the FREEDOM to choose: listen or don't listen.
    THE ONLY people who ever even talked about TWIPPY AWARD was Zach who does nothing but SHILL himself to sell games, and Kaneda, who's ego just wanted to win this award. Who else talks about Twippy? Who cares?
    Some of the categories are so ridiculous, like the best place to play pinball. Like how would anyone in St. Louis know if the best place is in New York? Best pinball of the year, when there are only like 4 to choose from. Wow, exciting.
    People tuned into that show to see who won the best streamer because people either loved Jack Danger or hated him, or the best podcast because people either hated Kaneda or loved him. We already, and I mean almost ALWAYS, know who's going to win the awards because there were only 4 games to pick from. DUH!
    Elton John should SWEEP every category, but it won't win because it's a popularity contest, so Jack Danger will win with Foo Fighters. People in pinball are pissed right now at 15k for Elton John when we didn't even want that theme made, or 13k for Venom, which is why no one can sell it, or Stern making multiple reruns of LE type games driving values down JP - ELVIRA and more. People like Kaneda call that out, which is why they're popular.
    Oh well... you canceling this category isn't going to change NOTHING. You just made him even more popular than before; nothing is changing. You did the opposite by cutting out the categories you already knew he would SWEEP!
    You know JJP acts like they hate Kaneda, but guess what? Jack did an interview with him... WHY? Well, probably because they want to SELL GAMES. Not rocket science. You know what Kaneda asked him questions no one else would ask, yet Jack with a lot of grace answered the questions. Good for Jack! That shows pinball works even if you don't like someone or agree with everything they say; you can just still be a man and a promoter and take advantage of the audience. Jack was the bigger man, and he did it for the best interest of his new game! Good for him.
    Today TWIP just showed they're shallow. I won't watch TWIPPY, I won't vote, and I bet the voting will be down by 50%. Just cancel the entire thing, like you trying to cancel things you don't like. Sad day today!

Breaking this into paragraphs was harder work than any pinball podcast in history.

Where’s blueberry’s parade ?!

#179 82 days ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Hey look its Dr. Frightner. Why haven't you been banned yet for multiple accounts?

I don't have multiple accounts and thanks for steering off topic. I have one account name and got it approved to change because I was selling games and wanted the name to be that of our company. This isn't a conspiracy. I'm sorry what I'm saying is accurate and you don't agree. Just say why you don't agree rather. I'll post the same comments as myself, from my facebook, from your moms house doesn't matter to me. I don't care what you think these are my opinions and I'll share them.

#180 82 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Breaking this into paragraphs was harder work than any pinball podcast in history.
    Where’s blueberry’s parade ?!

Best AI Edited Post?

#181 82 days ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

he's basically saying the same shit every episode because there's not really pinball news every day or week, so people are paying because they think he's an entertaining / interesting person to listen to for 20 minutes a few times a week. like him or not, there's no one else coming close in the "getting paid to talk pinball" category.

Probably because all the people I'd really be interested in listening to are already busy creating more useful things than "content." Game designers, programmers, musicians, tournament directors, factory managers, etc... those are actually interesting people.

#182 82 days ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Probably because all the people I'd really be interested in listening to are already busy creating more useful things than "content." Game designers, programmers, musicians, tournament directors, factory managers, etc... those are actually interesting people.

Talk to a lot of programmers have you?

Just joking on the stereotype but just because someone creates things that you enjoy doesn't mean they can talk about them in an engaging way. There is skill in talking about, writing about, or otherwise creating content about any subject. Some people enjoy consuming content like that more than others. I don't like watching streams on twitch. video games or pinball. bores me. I prefer reading. I don't listen to many podcasts. Most are too long. but 20 minutes of some guy bitching about almost pinball in an entertaining way, sure. Takes 20 minutes for Zach and Dennis to finish talking about what they had for dinner 3 nights ago.

#183 82 days ago

Winning an egg and spoon race has more kudos than a TWIPY

#184 82 days ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

the fact is that nearly 700 people in our very small community are paying the guy $5 a month, and he's basically saying the same shit every episode because there's not really pinball news every day or week, so people are paying because they think he's an entertaining / interesting person to listen to for 20 minutes a few times a week. like him or not, there's no one else coming close in the "getting paid to talk pinball" category.

I’d guess virtually everyone who pays for his content also buys NIB games. Like you said, 700 people seems small, but the universe of people who actually buy NIB pins cannot be all that much bigger. He’s probably got at least 10-20 percent of the serious market listening to him, if not more. Just seems silly to exclude the dude who constantly advertises the TWIPYs to his audience by way of bragging nonstop about how many he has. I’d have zero clue what the award was if he didn’t brag about it all the time.

#185 82 days ago

I’m disappointed in this decision, and I hope that they reconsider. I am an equal opportunity listener, and I listen to pretty much all of the Pinball media creators. I love Todd Tuckey, the Pinball show, Cary Hardy, Jack danger, I probably consume too much of it.

I always really enjoyed voting for and watching the twippys specifically for the categories that they have just eliminated. I am planning on going to the show at TPF I guess now I’m going to skip the award part of TPF.

I never understood the whole best location thing as most people are unaware of other states locations.

It seems like a bunch of egos were bruised here. Grow up. You didn’t like one guy so you decided to tank the entire thing? It doesn’t make sense. My advice would be to back out of this and say you made a mistake.

Peoples choice awards. Lol
    It sounds like now it’s Colin and Will’s awards.

#186 82 days ago
    Quoted from Jj557:

I’d guess virtually everyone who pays for his content also buys NIB games. Like you said, 700 people seems small, but the universe of people who actually buy NIB pins cannot be all that much bigger. He’s probably got at least 10-20 percent of the serious market listening to him, if not more. Just seems silly to exclude the dude who constantly advertises the TWIPYs to his audience by way of bragging nonstop about how many he has. I’d have zero clue what the award was if he didn’t brag about it all the time.

Yeah, it seems like they forgot about who advertises their show and therefore their website. It’s mostly the podcasters and streamers.

#187 82 days ago

Didn’t Kaneda, start his podcast because he was ousted out of Pinside after his post and getting into arguments with others? Mostly with Whysnow? Or is my history wrong?

#188 82 days ago

I don't have a handle on Ramen quality. I went from 10 cents a bag to restaurant and I've never had anything in-between.
    The place I ate lunch today is essentially a food truck with chairs and its quite tasty!

Udon is my favorite style Japanese noodle. I once went to an amazing Udon place in Hawaii. I've been chasing that perfection ever since. There is none locally.

We are very fortunate to have a sizeable Vietnamese community in Shreveport and have some delicious dining options for Pho.

#189 82 days ago
    Quoted from slashfive:

Didn’t Kaneda, start his podcast because he was ousted out of Pinside after his post and getting into arguments with others? Mostly with Whysnow? Or is my history wrong?

Your history is correct. Wasn't just arguments though.

Robin and the mods gave him several chances. They were super patient with him. Then he started threatening Robin and he was gonzo.

Any other way Chris spins this is revisionist history.

#190 82 days ago

My favorite ramen: https://tatsuramen.com/our-food/

Best broth, noodles, and toppings (both what comes with the order and what's available from the table to add)*

*Experience limited to hippie ramen at Melrose location, and I haven't been in a few years.
    Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.54.02?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.54.02?PM (resized).png

#191 82 days ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Udon is my favorite style Japanese noodle. I once went to an amazing Udon place in Hawaii. I've been chasing that perfection ever since. There is none locally.
    We are very fortunate to have a sizeable Vietnamese community in Shreveport and have some delicious dining options for Pho.

Both are so good !!
    Curry Udon in Tokyo and homemade Pho at home .

IMG_4824 (resized).jpegIMG_4824 (resized).jpegIMG_4825 (resized).jpegIMG_4825 (resized).jpeg
    #192 82 days ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Talk to a lot of programmers have you?
    Just joking on the stereotype but just because someone creates things that you enjoy doesn't mean they can talk about them in an engaging way.

I can personally attest to being a programmer and being someone FAR from interesting.

#193 82 days ago

Can somebody tell me what that thinly sliced slightly chewy white thing with pink edges is in a bowl of udon?

I have no idea what it is. But I love it.

#194 82 days ago

Just had Tonkonsu ramen for lunch today

IMG_7136 (resized).jpegIMG_7136 (resized).jpeg
    #195 82 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can somebody tell me what that thinly sliced slightly chewy white thing with pink edges is in a bowl of udon?

image reference, please

#196 82 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fish cake

#197 82 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tendon maybe... strike that.

Fish cake. Yes!

#198 82 days ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Both are so good !!
    Curry Udon in Tokyo and homemade Pho at home .[quoted image][quoted image]

You made that pho at home?? That’s awesome!

#200 82 days ago

Holy fuck. You are right!!

I always thought it was root or something.

After a lot of hard award-deserving work, I came up with this reference photo:

IMG_0500 (resized).jpegIMG_0500 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0501 (resized).jpegIMG_0501 (resized).jpeg
    There are 627 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twipy-media-categories-removed-this-is-why-we-cant-have-nice-things/page/4?hl=anago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.