Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TKDalumni
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9D51E9A-4099-47FC-B076-8E0BC13CFA13 (resized).jpeg
    E6E3F169-3A92-4AF3-9DCB-1AC7DF06727E (resized).jpeg
    2E6CF6F8-EEFD-4520-A918-E82583EB35BF (resized).jpeg
    2C667DD1-B27F-48A0-AE84-84DF400FAD2C (resized).jpeg
    79B75449-CBAD-48EB-B9F4-36462A31A1F2 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    roy_batty___blade_runner_by_danielmurrayart-d83imgm (resized).jpg
    harrison-ford-blade-runner-ht-mem-171004_4x3_992 (resized).jpg
    00798B42-75DB-48F8-88F8-D898F1540940 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin2d.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

Thought I'd pull this article out of the This Week in Pinball post this morning (http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-happy-new-year-two-huge-new-themes-revealed-plus-kingpin/) in case anyone wants to discuss some new themes that will be revealed in the next couple weeks

-----------

Happy New Year everyone! What better way to start 2018 than with some EXCLUSIVE theme reveals brought to you by This Week in Pinball?

We can reveal/confirm that TWO of the themes below have been secured by a pinball manufacturer:

Back to the Future
    The Beastie Boys
    The Beatles
    Fast and the Furious
    The Goonies
    Harry Potter
    Iron Maiden
    It
    James Bond
    Jaws
    Jurassic World
    Led Zeppelin
    The Matrix
    Men in Black
    Michael Jackson
    Mission Impossible
    Muppets
    Price is Right
    Pulp Fiction
    Super Mario Bros.
    Superman
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    Zelda

We don’t know WHICH manufacturer(s) landed the two titles, only that the licenses have been secured and are being worked on, and that we’ll see a pinball machine based on the title in the future (possibly the near future). And if one is eliminated that you really want to see, it doesn’t mean that machine isn’t going to happen – heck, all of these licenses might be secured by manufacturers (they’re not, but they could be).

We’ll eliminate one right now – it isn’t Price is Right.

Should we do more? Ok, we’ll give you one more just to show you how it works – it isn’t Iron Maiden either. That title could be released by Stern in the next week or month or year – but it isn’t one of the two titles we’ve learned about.

Over the next two weeks on our Facebook page and our Twitter account, we’ll eliminate them one by one. So you can follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook to find out the titles FIRST before anyone else. Why not just tell you the title straight away, why do this silly game of eliminating them one by one? Well we worked hard to learn about these, and it would just be boring to just share them immediately! It is much better to do a mildly-annoying marketing tactic to share the news, right!?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thisweekinpinball
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/__twip__
    Email: [email protected]

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What makes you believe they would possibly be revealed in near future, when it takes years to develop a pin?

Quoted from frolic:

I hope by "announced" it also means "We're showing a completed game that will be for sale soon" and not "we're announcing a theme to kick start years of waiting".

To clarify, I don't know when the manufacturer(s) obtained the licenses - it could've been years ago. I also don't know when the pins will be released - could be next week, could be next year. My best guess is one in 2018 and one in 2019, but that is just a guess though. Maybe both this year.

Quoted from lordloss:

How did you conclude two weeks?

I just figured two titles, two weeks, didn't really put that much thought into it - long enough to make it a bit fun but not too long to be too annoying.

#48 6 years ago

My most thumbs down on one post, I must be becoming too clickbaity

Tough crowd. Ah well.

#57 6 years ago

Alright everybody, I got it. Thought you all would be interested in new themes and it'd be a bit of fun, but I overdid it.

Can we lock this thread please mods?

Thanks!

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stosel:

Overall good idea, but next time better execution, but no down votes here..you tried!

I did! Good effort. Been sitting on these for a while, couldn't wait to share them, just bad execution. Live and learn!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin2d.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-two-upcoming-themes-will-be-revealed-in-the-next-two-weeks?tu=pin2d and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.