Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TKDalumni
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9D51E9A-4099-47FC-B076-8E0BC13CFA13 (resized).jpeg
    E6E3F169-3A92-4AF3-9DCB-1AC7DF06727E (resized).jpeg
    2E6CF6F8-EEFD-4520-A918-E82583EB35BF (resized).jpeg
    2C667DD1-B27F-48A0-AE84-84DF400FAD2C (resized).jpeg
    79B75449-CBAD-48EB-B9F4-36462A31A1F2 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    roy_batty___blade_runner_by_danielmurrayart-d83imgm (resized).jpg
    harrison-ford-blade-runner-ht-mem-171004_4x3_992 (resized).jpg
    00798B42-75DB-48F8-88F8-D898F1540940 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#22 6 years ago

The CES show is in the next couple weeks, could Stern or someone else be announcing there?

I’m thinking one of them will for sure be a music license.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Let’s get the Led out already.

Hell Yeah!

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Here are my thoughts/opinions on these themes
    Back to the Future - I don't see this happening. As much as I love the movies I just don't see a resurgence in this theme.
    The Beastie Boys - Nope. Beastie Boys are cool but def not a strong enough act to carry a pinball machine.
    The Beatles - I am not a huge Beatles fan but this of course would make the most sense to me. Not sure how expensive it would be to get a license on this though.
    Fast and the Furious - Awful movies but I can see Stern doing a pin on this. Esp with a new dumb movie coming out.
    The Goonies - Awesome theme but for some reason not sure if this would get much coin drop from the younger crowd. Seems more of a nostalgic idea for those in our 30's/40's
    Harry Potter - Great theme and would make a great pin but would make more sense if this came out years ago when the hype/movies were there. The theme has a strong standing power though so would def make sense.
    Iron Maiden - Great band and I thought this was already in the mix so it could be this.
    It - Nope. Not strong enough of a theme. I'm a big King fan but I can't see this as a pin.
    James Bond - Yawn. Already have them and don't care to have more.
    Jaws - Awesome theme and can see this being a real cool pin. I am not a big Jaws fan but I wouldn't mind owning one for some reason.
    Jurassic World - This is prob the one being revealed. Would make the most sense and like Guardians would be a good earner on route for it being current.
    Led Zeppelin - Dream theme for me. Love me some Zep and would get one in a heart beat. For some reason though I don't see this happening anytime soon.
    The Matrix - Another yawn. The Matrix was awesome back in 99 and would have been a cool theme back then. Not now.
    Men in Black - Yawn again. Was a big MIB fan back in 97 but the sequels killed this franchise for me and I don't see this being an earner for any company.
    Michael Jackson - Would be awesome but too much drama around Jacko for this to get produced.
    Mission Impossible - Yeah no. Again would be cool if it came out with the first or second Cruise ones but cant see the hype on this.
    Muppets - Classic theme and would be a ton of fun. Could see this happening. As of late though The Muppets have done a poor job of staying relevant. Such a great franchise just not able to keep it going.
    Price is Right - Would have to be Bob Barker for me to care about. haha. Who doesn't love Price is Right.
    Pulp Fiction - Great movie just don't see this happening from a major manufacturer. Would have to be like something that Dutch did with the Big Lebowski.
    Super Mario Bros. - Dream theme for me but would rather want to see a Nintendo theme. This could make sense with the new Nintendo Land happening at Universal. Nintendo might get into pinball to get the hype going.
    Superman - Not sure if there is a new Superman movie but I can see this being more of a comic book theme than the movie. I just don't care about Superman.
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Would be awesome. Like others have said, JJP would make the most sense but I can't see them announcing this before getting any Pirates off the line but who knows. Would be fun!
    Zelda - Another dream theme. Would take it over Mario. But again, I am not sure if a company would take the chance on a Nintendo franchise. It would have to be Nintendo reaching out and contracting a manufacture to make.
    That's my two cents on this and of course my opinions don't matter. Exciting to see what it will be. I am good with all of them except for Fast and the Furious and Mission Impossible.

I wouldn’t count out the Zeppelin theme. 2018 is their 50th anniversary and in an interview from early December Page and Plant said there were going to be some special things coming.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-two-upcoming-themes-will-be-revealed-in-the-next-two-weeks?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.