6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by TKDalumni
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B9D51E9A-4099-47FC-B076-8E0BC13CFA13 (resized).jpeg
    E6E3F169-3A92-4AF3-9DCB-1AC7DF06727E (resized).jpeg
    2E6CF6F8-EEFD-4520-A918-E82583EB35BF (resized).jpeg
    2C667DD1-B27F-48A0-AE84-84DF400FAD2C (resized).jpeg
    79B75449-CBAD-48EB-B9F4-36462A31A1F2 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    roy_batty___blade_runner_by_danielmurrayart-d83imgm (resized).jpg
    harrison-ford-blade-runner-ht-mem-171004_4x3_992 (resized).jpg
    00798B42-75DB-48F8-88F8-D898F1540940 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 months ago

Thought I'd pull this article out of the This Week in Pinball post this morning (http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-happy-new-year-two-huge-new-themes-revealed-plus-kingpin/) in case anyone wants to discuss some new themes that will be revealed in the next couple weeks

-----------

Happy New Year everyone! What better way to start 2018 than with some EXCLUSIVE theme reveals brought to you by This Week in Pinball?

We can reveal/confirm that TWO of the themes below have been secured by a pinball manufacturer:

Back to the Future
    The Beastie Boys
    The Beatles
    Fast and the Furious
    The Goonies
    Harry Potter
    Iron Maiden
    It
    James Bond
    Jaws
    Jurassic World
    Led Zeppelin
    The Matrix
    Men in Black
    Michael Jackson
    Mission Impossible
    Muppets
    Price is Right
    Pulp Fiction
    Super Mario Bros.
    Superman
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    Zelda

We don’t know WHICH manufacturer(s) landed the two titles, only that the licenses have been secured and are being worked on, and that we’ll see a pinball machine based on the title in the future (possibly the near future). And if one is eliminated that you really want to see, it doesn’t mean that machine isn’t going to happen – heck, all of these licenses might be secured by manufacturers (they’re not, but they could be).

We’ll eliminate one right now – it isn’t Price is Right.

Should we do more? Ok, we’ll give you one more just to show you how it works – it isn’t Iron Maiden either. That title could be released by Stern in the next week or month or year – but it isn’t one of the two titles we’ve learned about.

Over the next two weeks on our Facebook page and our Twitter account, we’ll eliminate them one by one. So you can follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook to find out the titles FIRST before anyone else. Why not just tell you the title straight away, why do this silly game of eliminating them one by one? Well we worked hard to learn about these, and it would just be boring to just share them immediately! It is much better to do a mildly-annoying marketing tactic to share the news, right!?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thisweekinpinball
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/__twip__
    Email: thisweekinpinball@gmail.com

#2 6 months ago

So 2 themes to be revealed in next two weeks. What makes you believe they would possibly be revealed in near future, when it takes years to develop a pin? Unless ... this pin was already developed and intended to be produced in small one off manner until now - The Matrix. Or .. if theme was fairly general and easy to paste into an already designed game - Fast and Furious.

#3 6 months ago

Iron Maiden and Price is Right are out.

#4 6 months ago

My guesses
    Jurassic world or Fast & Furious by Stern
    The Muppets by JJP

#5 6 months ago
    Quoted from pballjunkie:

My guesses

I’m thinking the same thing for stern

#6 6 months ago

It’s JP for sure with the sequel coming out 1st quarter 2018, but I’m Praying to the pinball gods it’s BTTF from one of the boutique manufacturers. Would love Stern or JJP to make it, but I know hat is not on their radar.

#7 6 months ago

Ok...I'll play along.

Willy Wonka for JJP and Fast & Furious for Stern

#8 6 months ago

Wonka and Toy Story from JJP.

#9 6 months ago

Jurassic world meets Jaws. Beatles

#10 6 months ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Wonka and Toy Story from JJP.

I could see JJP hitting a home run with Willy Wonka just like they did with WOZ.

#11 6 months ago

I wouldn’t expect jjp to announce game 5 with 4 not shipping yet. I can only dream someone will do the Matrix, and hope it’s not on a stern spike system with studio voices.

#12 6 months ago

What about “Interiors”, the Woody Allen flick? Or maybe a pin based on Picasso’s “Minotaur” sketches? Or the Kronos Quartet!

We need to up the anti here, smarten things up in terms of more adult themes with some real meat on the bone.

#13 6 months ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Back to the Future
    Fast and the Furious
    James Bond
    Jaws
    Jurassic World
    Mission Impossible

I’d take any of the above providing they had full audio and video licensing.

#14 6 months ago

Already thought we had confirmed intel that JAWS was going to be Sterns first Widebody pin??

#15 6 months ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Already thought we had confirmed intel that JAWS was going to be Sterns first Widebody pin??

I don’t mind admitting I missed that intel

When was that mentioned and by who Eric? If true that’s a hell of a way to start my year so thank you

#16 6 months ago

I hope by "announced" it also means "We're showing a completed game that will be for sale soon" and not "we're announcing a theme to kick start years of waiting".

#17 6 months ago

Yes, most of us pinheads are truly pinheads... give me a great theme and SEND MONEY NOW! New year same shit...

#18 6 months ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Yes, most of us pinheads are truly pinheads... give me a great theme and SEND MONEY NOW! New year same shit...

Not here, I might bite with a great theme but I won’t let that line reel me in until that code and quality is tasty, I have been drinking and fishing today so excuse the fishing anaology.

P.s. However your still right are a bunch of pinheaded pinheads

#19 6 months ago

How did you conclude two weeks?

#20 6 months ago

If it’s Legend of Zelda I would lieterly cry tears of joy and check one more item off my bucket list. Truly, a title that needs to be made.

#21 6 months ago

Sign in local bar: “Free beer tomorrow.” Sign in local pincade: “New pinball in two weeks.” Always seems to fit...

#22 6 months ago

The CES show is in the next couple weeks, could Stern or someone else be announcing there?

I’m thinking one of them will for sure be a music license.

#23 6 months ago
    Quoted from cleland:

If it’s Legend of Zelda I would lieterly cry tears of joy and check one more item off my bucket list. Truly, a title that needs to be made.

Can you imagine a Nintendo MarioKart or smash brothers theme that incorporates all of the Nintendo themed games from Jersey Jack!

#24 6 months ago

Let’s get the Led out already.

00798B42-75DB-48F8-88F8-D898F1540940 (resized).jpeg

#25 6 months ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wait...what....really?

#26 6 months ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Hell Yeah!

#27 6 months ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Makes sense

#28 6 months ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Wait...what....really?

I know.....I already thought cat was out of the bag. You guys really need to hit the trade show in Vegas come April! You get Gary drunk enough....LOL. Here's a hint. When's that Batman 66 code going to be finished?

#29 6 months ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What makes you believe they would possibly be revealed in near future, when it takes years to develop a pin?

Quoted from frolic:

I hope by "announced" it also means "We're showing a completed game that will be for sale soon" and not "we're announcing a theme to kick start years of waiting".

To clarify, I don't know when the manufacturer(s) obtained the licenses - it could've been years ago. I also don't know when the pins will be released - could be next week, could be next year. My best guess is one in 2018 and one in 2019, but that is just a guess though. Maybe both this year.

Quoted from lordloss:

How did you conclude two weeks?

I just figured two titles, two weeks, didn't really put that much thought into it - long enough to make it a bit fun but not too long to be too annoying.

#30 6 months ago
    Quoted from teekee:

It wouldn't be New Year's Day without a send money now post from teekee.

#31 6 months ago

I would sell my kidney for a well done, fully featured Zelda Pinball game. Man oh man. What an experience that could be!

#32 6 months ago

I saw a rumour post about Zelda before in the Homepin thread but I hope that isn’t the platform for a Zelda pin.

#33 6 months ago

Zelda would best be serviced by JJP, imho. A huge widebody game packed with features, and loaded with modes and branching paths with strategic decision making. Make that pinball machine an epic quest, and it’d be a crowd pleaser for sure.

#34 6 months ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Zelda would best be serviced by JJP, imho. A huge widebody game packed with features, and loaded with modes and branching paths with strategic decision making. Make that pinball machine an epic quest, and it’d be a crowd pleaser for sure.

They could probably save some money by having Link provide the call outs

#35 6 months ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

They could probably save some money by having Link provide the call outs

No it should more be like the fairy things saying "Hey Listen"

#36 6 months ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

No it should more be like the fairy things saying "Hey Listen"

Navi would be a horrible choice! Hahaha. As much as I disliked Skyward Sword, Fi, the games helper, would be pretty ideal. Definitely the best helper in the series. She could add some fun humor:

“There is a 12% probability that you will make this shot.”

“There is a 90% chance the extra ball is in the volcano. I suggest you shoot for the volcano.”

#37 6 months ago
    Quoted from pballjunkie:

My guesses

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m thinking the same thing for stern

Hasn’t it been rumoured/known for a while now and posted here multiple times, that Stern have had the licence for Jurassic World for some time but it didn’t see the light of day for whatever reason?

We also heard recently, again posted multiple times here on Pinside, that Pulp Fiction hit a brick wall due to licensing difficulties?

#38 6 months ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I wouldn’t expect jjp to announce game 5 with 4 not shipping yet. I can only dream someone will do the Matrix, and hope it’s not on a stern spike system with studio voices.

How about Chicago Gaming announces Johnny Mnemonic Remake, rethemed as the Matrix?

#39 6 months ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

How about Chicago Gaming announces Johnny Mnemonic Remake, rethemed as the Matrix?

That would work for me, JM is a great game. I doubt anyone wants to make a game with that glove though, has to be something simpler and more reliable.

#40 6 months ago

My money is safe.....no mention of Blade Runner

harrison-ford-blade-runner-ht-mem-171004_4x3_992 (resized).jpg

roy_batty___blade_runner_by_danielmurrayart-d83imgm (resized).jpg

#41 6 months ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Thought I'd pull this article out of the This Week in Pinball post this morning (http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-happy-new-year-two-huge-new-themes-revealed-plus-kingpin/) in case anyone wants to discuss some new themes that will be revealed in the next couple weeks
    -----------
    Happy New Year everyone! What better way to start 2018 than with some EXCLUSIVE theme reveals brought to you by This Week in Pinball?
    We can reveal/confirm that TWO of the themes below have been secured by a pinball manufacturer:
    Back to the Future
    The Beastie Boys
    The Beatles
    Fast and the Furious
    The Goonies
    Harry Potter
    Iron Maiden
    It
    James Bond
    Jaws
    Jurassic World
    Led Zeppelin
    The Matrix
    Men in Black
    Michael Jackson
    Mission Impossible
    Muppets
    Price is Right
    Pulp Fiction
    Super Mario Bros.
    Superman
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    Zelda
    We don’t know WHICH manufacturer(s) landed the two titles, only that the licenses have been secured and are being worked on, and that we’ll see a pinball machine based on the title in the future (possibly the near future). And if one is eliminated that you really want to see, it doesn’t mean that machine isn’t going to happen – heck, all of these licenses might be secured by manufacturers (they’re not, but they could be).
    We’ll eliminate one right now – it isn’t Price is Right.
    Should we do more? Ok, we’ll give you one more just to show you how it works – it isn’t Iron Maiden either. That title could be released by Stern in the next week or month or year – but it isn’t one of the two titles we’ve learned about.
    Over the next two weeks on our Facebook page and our Twitter account, we’ll eliminate them one by one. So you can follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook to find out the titles FIRST before anyone else. Why not just tell you the title straight away, why do this silly game of eliminating them one by one? Well we worked hard to learn about these, and it would just be boring to just share them immediately! It is much better to do a mildly-annoying marketing tactic to share the news, right!?
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thisweekinpinball
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/__twip__
    Email: thisweekinpinball@gmail.com

Here are my thoughts/opinions on these themes

Back to the Future - I don't see this happening. As much as I love the movies I just don't see a resurgence in this theme.
    The Beastie Boys - Nope. Beastie Boys are cool but def not a strong enough act to carry a pinball machine.
    The Beatles - I am not a huge Beatles fan but this of course would make the most sense to me. Not sure how expensive it would be to get a license on this though.
    Fast and the Furious - Awful movies but I can see Stern doing a pin on this. Esp with a new dumb movie coming out.
    The Goonies - Awesome theme but for some reason not sure if this would get much coin drop from the younger crowd. Seems more of a nostalgic idea for those in our 30's/40's
    Harry Potter - Great theme and would make a great pin but would make more sense if this came out years ago when the hype/movies were there. The theme has a strong standing power though so would def make sense.
    Iron Maiden - Great band and I thought this was already in the mix so it could be this.
    It - Nope. Not strong enough of a theme. I'm a big King fan but I can't see this as a pin.
    James Bond - Yawn. Already have them and don't care to have more.
    Jaws - Awesome theme and can see this being a real cool pin. I am not a big Jaws fan but I wouldn't mind owning one for some reason.
    Jurassic World - This is prob the one being revealed. Would make the most sense and like Guardians would be a good earner on route for it being current.
    Led Zeppelin - Dream theme for me. Love me some Zep and would get one in a heart beat. For some reason though I don't see this happening anytime soon.
    The Matrix - Another yawn. The Matrix was awesome back in 99 and would have been a cool theme back then. Not now.
    Men in Black - Yawn again. Was a big MIB fan back in 97 but the sequels killed this franchise for me and I don't see this being an earner for any company.
    Michael Jackson - Would be awesome but too much drama around Jacko for this to get produced.
    Mission Impossible - Yeah no. Again would be cool if it came out with the first or second Cruise ones but cant see the hype on this.
    Muppets - Classic theme and would be a ton of fun. Could see this happening. As of late though The Muppets have done a poor job of staying relevant. Such a great franchise just not able to keep it going.
    Price is Right - Would have to be Bob Barker for me to care about. haha. Who doesn't love Price is Right.
    Pulp Fiction - Great movie just don't see this happening from a major manufacturer. Would have to be like something that Dutch did with the Big Lebowski.
    Super Mario Bros. - Dream theme for me but would rather want to see a Nintendo theme. This could make sense with the new Nintendo Land happening at Universal. Nintendo might get into pinball to get the hype going.
    Superman - Not sure if there is a new Superman movie but I can see this being more of a comic book theme than the movie. I just don't care about Superman.
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Would be awesome. Like others have said, JJP would make the most sense but I can't see them announcing this before getting any Pirates off the line but who knows. Would be fun!
    Zelda - Another dream theme. Would take it over Mario. But again, I am not sure if a company would take the chance on a Nintendo franchise. It would have to be Nintendo reaching out and contracting a manufacture to make.

That's my two cents on this and of course my opinions don't matter. Exciting to see what it will be. I am good with all of them except for Fast and the Furious and Mission Impossible.

#42 6 months ago

I thought this was in the running.....

pasted_image (resized).png

#43 6 months ago

This would sell.... Awww yeah.

79B75449-CBAD-48EB-B9F4-36462A31A1F2 (resized).jpeg
    2C667DD1-B27F-48A0-AE84-84DF400FAD2C (resized).jpeg
    2E6CF6F8-EEFD-4520-A918-E82583EB35BF (resized).jpeg
    E6E3F169-3A92-4AF3-9DCB-1AC7DF06727E (resized).jpeg

B9D51E9A-4099-47FC-B076-8E0BC13CFA13 (resized).jpeg

#44 6 months ago
    Quoted from underlord:

This would get sell. Awww yeah.

Are you still lobbying Stern for a Jaws pin underlord?

During your lobbying have you heard the above new/rumour about Jaws being Sterns first widebody? I certainly missed that.

#45 6 months ago

Zero feedback from Sterno on this. Crickets. May just mean they’re sick of my shit though and may build it in spite.

#46 6 months ago
    Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Here are my thoughts/opinions on these themes
    Back to the Future - I don't see this happening. As much as I love the movies I just don't see a resurgence in this theme.
    The Beastie Boys - Nope. Beastie Boys are cool but def not a strong enough act to carry a pinball machine.
    The Beatles - I am not a huge Beatles fan but this of course would make the most sense to me. Not sure how expensive it would be to get a license on this though.
    Fast and the Furious - Awful movies but I can see Stern doing a pin on this. Esp with a new dumb movie coming out.
    The Goonies - Awesome theme but for some reason not sure if this would get much coin drop from the younger crowd. Seems more of a nostalgic idea for those in our 30's/40's
    Harry Potter - Great theme and would make a great pin but would make more sense if this came out years ago when the hype/movies were there. The theme has a strong standing power though so would def make sense.
    Iron Maiden - Great band and I thought this was already in the mix so it could be this.
    It - Nope. Not strong enough of a theme. I'm a big King fan but I can't see this as a pin.
    James Bond - Yawn. Already have them and don't care to have more.
    Jaws - Awesome theme and can see this being a real cool pin. I am not a big Jaws fan but I wouldn't mind owning one for some reason.
    Jurassic World - This is prob the one being revealed. Would make the most sense and like Guardians would be a good earner on route for it being current.
    Led Zeppelin - Dream theme for me. Love me some Zep and would get one in a heart beat. For some reason though I don't see this happening anytime soon.
    The Matrix - Another yawn. The Matrix was awesome back in 99 and would have been a cool theme back then. Not now.
    Men in Black - Yawn again. Was a big MIB fan back in 97 but the sequels killed this franchise for me and I don't see this being an earner for any company.
    Michael Jackson - Would be awesome but too much drama around Jacko for this to get produced.
    Mission Impossible - Yeah no. Again would be cool if it came out with the first or second Cruise ones but cant see the hype on this.
    Muppets - Classic theme and would be a ton of fun. Could see this happening. As of late though The Muppets have done a poor job of staying relevant. Such a great franchise just not able to keep it going.
    Price is Right - Would have to be Bob Barker for me to care about. haha. Who doesn't love Price is Right.
    Pulp Fiction - Great movie just don't see this happening from a major manufacturer. Would have to be like something that Dutch did with the Big Lebowski.
    Super Mario Bros. - Dream theme for me but would rather want to see a Nintendo theme. This could make sense with the new Nintendo Land happening at Universal. Nintendo might get into pinball to get the hype going.
    Superman - Not sure if there is a new Superman movie but I can see this being more of a comic book theme than the movie. I just don't care about Superman.
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Would be awesome. Like others have said, JJP would make the most sense but I can't see them announcing this before getting any Pirates off the line but who knows. Would be fun!
    Zelda - Another dream theme. Would take it over Mario. But again, I am not sure if a company would take the chance on a Nintendo franchise. It would have to be Nintendo reaching out and contracting a manufacture to make.
    That's my two cents on this and of course my opinions don't matter. Exciting to see what it will be. I am good with all of them except for Fast and the Furious and Mission Impossible.

I wouldn’t count out the Zeppelin theme. 2018 is their 50th anniversary and in an interview from early December Page and Plant said there were going to be some special things coming.

#47 6 months ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I wouldn’t count out the Zeppelin theme. 2018 is their 50th anniversary and in an interview from early December Page and Plant said there were going to be some special things coming.

Good point! I think what's made Zeppelin such a great band is that they haven't turned their band/brand into anything/everything. Not saying a pin would cheapen the brand but I just can't see Page signing off on something like this. If it does happen this pin would not be in my game room. It would be in the family room!

#48 6 months ago

My most thumbs down on one post, I must be becoming too clickbaity

Tough crowd. Ah well.

#49 6 months ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

My most thumbs down on one post, I must be becoming too clickbaity
    Tough crowd. Ah well.

Well you didn't really have any info, just a crapshoot of time and titles. Didn't really bring anything to the community when you act like you knew.

#50 6 months ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Well you didn't really have any info, just a crapshoot of time and titles. Didn't really bring anything to the community when you act like you knew.

I don’t know about you, but I have not clue what these two titles are, and Jeff does it seems. I can’t wait to hear what they are.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Electronics
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 16.95
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside